Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I have cable and recieve food stamps--spinoff thread

Posted by   + Show Post

This is a spin off from the other foodstamp thread. I am being lambasted by a certain member who is totally appalled that I have a basic cable package yet receive fs. She insists that the taxpayers are the ones paying the cable bill. Is it so umreasonable that I have cable and recieve fs?  I had cable well before I ever got on assistance. Apparently, I should have cut the cable and used that $20 to buy groceries for the month.This member was also upset because I have something that many non fs users can't afford. I should have gotten rid of cable to show solidarity for those who can't afford it.

by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 9:40 PM
Replies (41-50):
parentalrights1
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 10:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Even if she cuts her cable off, she's probably going to need foodstamps.

InkedMommyRain
by Member on Feb. 19, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Its kind of based on both. If your household makes to much for the families size you don't get much..buts its also based on past work credits and other things...and the inability to work. its kind of got a lot of things involved as well as I do get fs..

Quoting stringtheory:

I think that is a bit different then the OP's situation. I don't know much about disability; is it contingent on household income? Or solely on the individual's inability to work?

Quoting InkedMommyRain:

I get disability. My husband works 40,plus hours a week. The little we pay towards cable is not enough to cover food costs and my inability to work is not my fault and I refuse to feel bad for it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trippyhippy
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2012 at 10:16 PM
3 moms liked this

I say screw her and her opinion.

Tanya93
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this
  • so why does she need things people not on PA can't afford
teambLue_2009
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 10:17 PM
9 moms liked this

I think tanya got disqualified for assistance.. so now she has it out for every person on it.. angry

avajeansmomma
by Member on Feb. 19, 2012 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this

lol you have a piggy bank as your avitar. That is funny.

InkedMommyRain
by Member on Feb. 19, 2012 at 10:20 PM
6 moms liked this
Ok well let's see I live in a state where its expensive as hell to heat your home. I pay all my own bills even downsized my house. We pay our lights . Our gas. Our lot rent. Our car insurance . Our phone bill . So sorry we have internet and cable while getting fs... bah lady you can blow it out your ass.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amgillis88
by Member on Feb. 19, 2012 at 10:20 PM
3 moms liked this

Yes, I think this might be it. She believes that anyone who recieves food stamps is a moocher and 'uses people'.

Quoting teambLue_2009:

I think tanya got disqualified for assistance.. so now she has it out for every person on it.. angry

Tanya93
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I would never qualify for help.   But why let that matter

Quoting teambLue_2009:att

mandiNthomas
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 10:21 PM
This!!

Quoting GravyRule:

Kill the dead horse.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN