Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Have you ever voted for ANYone just to keep someone else from being elected?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Have you ever voted for ANYone, no matter how unqualified, just to keep another candidate out of office?

Options:

Yes, I'm Republican

Yes, I'm Democrat

Yes, while I might have been forced by my state to declare a party, I don't consider myself aligned to any particular political party

Yes, I am aligned with a party other than the major two

I have never voted because though I'm of legal age and an American citizen, I hate the farce of American politics

No, that would be an irresponsible, immature reason upon which to base my vote

Once again, you've created a poll that left me out, you dolt. My explanation follows:

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 62

View Results

by on Feb. 26, 2012 at 5:31 AM
Replies (11-20):
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Kind of, yes.

I'm going to vote this election; but as a Libertarian, I'm voting Republican just because it's safer for my ideals than to have President Obama back for another term.

Here's to wishing we had a good Libertarian up...

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosey, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child. I believe that my place, as a woman, is in the home caring for my husband and children. My husband is head of our home.             Aimee

xo.MommyW.xo
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Yes. Anyone put mcmahon for senator. I would have voted for my dog before that crazy lady
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xo.MommyW.xo
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2012 at 12:34 PM
That will never happen

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Kind of, yes.

I'm going to vote this election; but as a Libertarian, I'm voting Republican just because it's safer for my ideals than to have President Obama back for another term.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Yeah. God forbid we stop legislating things based on personal morals. It would NEVER work to only retain laws protecting people from OTHERS (instead of themselves). Lol.

I'm not being snarky to you; just sarcastic in general. LOl.

Quoting xo.MommyW.xo:

That will never happen

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Kind of, yes.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosey, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child. I believe that my place, as a woman, is in the home caring for my husband and children. My husband is head of our home.             Aimee

EmmaGlenn20
by on Feb. 26, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Lol that's what my parents did. They never liked the Liberals, Conservatives or the NDP, but they voted Conservative because they hated them the least :P

Laura1427
by Member on Feb. 26, 2012 at 12:38 PM

No. While I have thought that in the past about certain elections, I would never actually do it.

Fuette
by Member on Feb. 26, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Yes. I bought into the lie that voting 3rd party was a wasted vote twice, but I did not like how I felt after voting. I am registered republican, but I don't align politically with them anymore. I will most likely vote libertarian this year.
JonJon
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Quoting Fuette:

Yes. I bought into the lie that voting 3rd party was a wasted vote twice, but I did not like how I felt after voting. I am registered republican, but I don't align politically with them anymore. I will most likely vote libertarian this year.

Voting third party is never a wasted vote as long as you truly believe that person's history and ideology most reflects your own. 

It's only a waste if you vote third party merely because you're anti-government, anti-the-way-things-have-always-been-done or because you believe it makes you somehow intellectual to vote third party.

xo.MommyW.xo
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2012 at 12:59 PM
But then that would not be politics lol

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Yeah. God forbid we stop legislating things based on personal morals. It would NEVER work to only retain laws protecting people from OTHERS (instead of themselves). Lol.

I'm not being snarky to you; just sarcastic in general. LOl.

Quoting xo.MommyW.xo:

That will never happen

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Kind of, yes.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Feb. 26, 2012 at 1:04 PM

No, I have not and I can't imagine doing so.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)