• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is Mitt Romney's...

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:32 AM
  • 10 Replies

position on gay rights/gay marriage?

I've been trying to research it and I'm getting conflicted results.. it could be because I only got a few hours of sleep last night, but does anyone know?

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heidimoose134
by Momma Moose on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

You're probably getting conflicting results because Romney's a flip-flopper who only says what his audience wants to hear. 

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Who knows.....he flip flops a lot.

Last time I looked he said he believes a marriage is between one man and one woman....but as a Mormon, he probably would like that to be one man and many women.  ;)

Hoarness
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Last time I looked he said he believes a marriage is between one man and one woman....but as a Mormon, he probably would like that to be one man and many women.  ;)

I read somewhere that he is ok with gay marriage as long as it is called something else. I read that he was a gay rights activist then I read that he believes it should only be between one man and one woman.. I'm just confused. 

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Quoting Hoarness:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

I read somewhere that he is ok with gay marriage as long as it is called something else. I read that he was a gay rights activist then I read that he believes it should only be between one man and one woman.. I'm just confused. 

He's claiming to be a conservative now, so I'm sure his current stance on it would be the more conservative answer. 

Hoarness
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Quoting toomanypoodles:

He's claiming to be a conservative now, so I'm sure his current stance on it would be the more conservative answer. 

Hmmm... well either way I'm not voting for him. If I can't get a clear answer on a topic that I feel strongly about, then that person obviously isn't the person for me. 

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:19 AM
In the debates he has always said that he supports gays, he just doesnt support gays right to marry. Thats his personal feelings & I feel he has that right. Just like we all do. I also believe he said he wanted it to be up to the States.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lillias
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Hmmmm....Maybe we should go out and buy flip flop sandals and mail them to him.

I remember reading something where it stated he thinks that gay marriage should be left up to each state.

mom2klca
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:14 PM

What's wrong with that? It's called states rights and it's an important part of our govt.

Quoting Lillias:

I remember reading something where it stated he thinks that gay marriage should be left up to each state.

mom2klca
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:17 PM

He believes in equal rights for gay couples united in a civil union.

Lillias
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 6:54 AM

Actually, nothing is wrong with that.  I was making a bad joke using the popular phrase 'flip flop'.  I make bad jokes, it is what I do. lol

Quoting mom2klca:

What's wrong with that? It's called states rights and it's an important part of our govt.

Quoting Lillias:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)