Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sponsers pulling from Limbaughs show!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:10 PM
Cat
  • 47 Replies

Apparently Rush's apology came to late - many of his sponsers have been pulling their ad's after the backlash from those who were furious over the comments he made. 

LIMBAUGH'S SPONSORS

Here is a list of the companies we believe to be Rush's advertisers. (Note, things are happening very quickly, so we cannot guarantee right now that these are all current advertisers). We will update these as they react to the "Boycott Rush" movement, or confirm they are no longer supporting him.   

• AutoZone (UPDATE: They say that they do not sponsor Rush, and that if a commercial was run, it was in error)
  • Carbonite (UPDATE: They've dropped him!)
  • Citrix (UPDATE: Citrix has pulled their ads!)
  • LegalZoom  (UPDATE: LegalZoom has confirmed with us directly that it is pulling its ads!)
  • LifeLock
  • Oreck (UPDATE: Oreck says it does not now advertise on Rush, but may have had some ads on a while back as part of a broad media buy)
  • ProFlowers: (UPDATE: They've dropped him!  This is a big win, since they had been featuring "Rush Limbaugh discount codes" earlier. Oh. My. God. They are actually featuring "Rush Limbaugh discount codes")
  • Sears: (UPDATE: They say they are not advertisers on Rush)
  • Sleep Train: (UPDATE: Victory! They have pulled their ads! -- source)
  • Sleep Number: (UPDATE: Victory! They have pulled their ads! -- source
  • Quicken Loans (UPDATE: Appears to be a victory here too, as they are reportedly pulling ads as well!)
  • TaxResolution

UPDATE: 3/2/12, 5:00pm: The Cleveland Cavaliers have pulled all ads from Rush’s program (WaitingForNextYear).

UPDATE: 3/5/12, 11:45am: TaxResolution has suspended its sponsorship of Rush Limbaugh (TaxResolution Twitter).

UPDATE: 3/5/12, 12:25pm: AOL has pull all of its advertisements from Rush Limbaugh’s show (Citizen Soapbox).

http://www.citizensoapbox.com/2012/03/02/boycott-rush-limbaugh-list-of-sponsors/

Apperently there are petitions available for those who object to what he said to submit their comments to advertisers, the FCC, and the stations that play his show. 

I copied Tweety's list up here so that this good info doesn't get lost in the replies: (thanks for finding this!!)

Barracuda web security
Painbuster II arthritis relief
Ideal Feet
National Tire and Battery
Whataburger**
Century 21
Fram Auto filters
Sirius Clinical Research
Heritage Foundation
Lifelock identity protection
Lear Capital
NAPA auto parts
American Standard air conditioning
Over and Out fire ant treatment
Clarity Windows
Infinity Windows
Renewal by Andersen windows

JC Penney
Lowes
Capital One Bank
ADT Home Security

**Whataburger contacted Loop 21 and stated that the ad ran by mistake and was not intended to air on the Rush Limbaugh Show. They informed us that they do not support Rush Limbaugh, at all, and will be working vigorously with their ad agency to make sure that it never happens again. So yes, in case you are wondering, it is still ok to eat those delicious honey butter chicken biscuits.

http://www.loop21.com/life/are-you-supporting-rush-limbaugh

I am a: vaccinating; pro-choice; organic food eating; full-time working; single mom

toddler girl

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
romalove
by Roma on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:12 PM
6 moms liked this

There was an article on msnbc.com about this today.  Why do you think he apologized?  He was perfectly happy to make money from calling that woman a slut and a whore, but when it became money out of his pocket to do so, he apologized.

He is beyond disgusting.

katzmeow726
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:14 PM
It makes me sick

Quoting romalove:

There was an article on msnbc.com about this today.  Why do you think he apologized?  He was perfectly happy to make money from calling that woman a slut and a whore, but when it became money out of his pocket to do so, he apologized.

He is beyond disgusting.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Happymamax2
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I hope the backlash continues..... Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!
ashellbell
by shellbark on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:17 PM
2 moms liked this
It makes me smile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:27 PM
4 moms liked this

Grow, list, grow.

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:30 PM
3 moms liked this

This is good news. Hopefully, he will loose all his advertising. Our free country at work! I love how people are holding him accountable for his actions for once.

Rubberbiscuit
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:33 PM

He's so deserving of this.

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:38 PM

sidesplittinglaughter

trippyhippy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:39 PM
2 moms liked this

Wow, I love it when the bully is the one that gets knocked on his ass.

CatRose15
by Cat on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:16 PM
2 moms liked this

He apologized because they were threatening to pull sponsorship, some of them apparentlyd decided to pull their money despite his so-called apology. 

I don't want to inslut pigs by calling him one... 

Quoting romalove:

He is beyond disgusting.

I am a: vaccinating; pro-choice; organic food eating; full-time working; single mom

toddler girl

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)