Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do your young kids have electronics?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:59 PM
  • 149 Replies

Someone gave my 3 year old an original Kindle for his books because he saw how much he was using mine at baseball games and thought he deserved his own.   He had one, but never registered it, so now my 3 year old has his own Kindle for his books.

Never thought I would have a child his age with something electronic

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katzmeow726
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Aside from their leapfrog leap tops...no, not really lol.

PEEK05
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:00 PM

No

ChancesMommy07
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:00 PM
My son is 4 and has his own iPad. It's full of educational apps and Angry Birds. He loves it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ejsmom4604
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:03 PM

My 7 yr old has a leapster explorer, and uses hubby's DS, but playes the word search and crossword game only on it. He would love an iPad, or his own computer, or cell phone, and about the only thing he might get is my mom's old laptop. Well to be honest he is almost 8, and he likes to research dinosaurs and play on approved sites (like nickjr.com). 

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Mine have a ds and an IPad.
lizmarie1975
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:05 PM

My 2 year old has a Kindle Fire. DH bought it for the 2 year old and the 6 year old to share so they would leave his Ipad alone. My 2 year old claimed it for his own and my 6 year old took my Nook Color when I got the Nook Tablet for Christmas.

ETA: The 2 year old uses the Kindle to watch Youtube videos of excavtors, lawnmowers, and weedwackers. He also figured out how to buy movies from Amazon. DH was not happy about that.

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:14 PM
My 5 year old has a Leapster and my 7 and almost 10 year olds have a DS.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:20 PM
My 2 year old has a MobiGo and uses my Kindle all the time...

My 4 year old has a VReader, Leapster, & uses my IPhone & Kindle...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:25 PM

My 3 and 5 year old have leapsters and their own computers. DH is talking about getting them some sort of tablet or a kindle to use.

Nighttiger
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Yes and no.  He has his own "My Laptop" which is a toddler laptop that just has the alphabet, shapes and numbers keys, and he has a handheld alphabet thing.  He's 2.  He has used them maybe a handful of times between the two of them.  You can't stop the kid from running long enough to play anything on it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)