Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ron Paul: No federal financial aid for tornado victims

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:37 PM
  • 104 Replies

Ron Paul: No Federal Financial Aid for Tornado Victims

Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, stood by his libertarian beliefs on Sunday, saying that victims of the violent storms and tornadoes that have battered a band of states in the South and Midwest in recent days should not be given emergency financial aid from the federal government.

"There is no such thing as federal money," Paul said, on CNN’s State of the Union. "Federal money is just what they steal from the states and steal from you and me."

"The people who live in tornado alley, just as I live in hurricane alley, they should have insurance," Paul said.

Paul said there was a role for the National Guard to restore order and provide care and shelter in major emergencies, but that the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) led to nothing but "frustration and anger."

"To say that any accident that happens in the country, send in FEMA, send in the money, the government has all this money—it is totally out of control and it's not efficient," Paul said.

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Arroree
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:39 PM
2 moms liked this

What a creep.

Momniscient
by Obama licker on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:45 PM
2 moms liked this

That's easy to say when one is running for President for the third time on the 'at least he stands by his ideals' platform.

Tanya93
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Well, he is consistent.   He didn't want Houston homeowners to get money after Ike.

jllcali
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 2:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Ron Paul is not unelectable!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cake.Lady
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 2:18 AM
6 moms liked this
Oh really? How much of FEMA and the red cross is donations? How many insurance companies cut a freakin' check the minute a home is destroyed? How many people can't even access their bank accounts after a disaster like that? When I'm headed to the cellar, I'm not thinking about grabbing my wallet, birth certificate and Id. I'm worrying about my kids and my pets. Emergency aid is a lot different than fucking welfare.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moneysaver6
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 2:20 AM

He's always been pretty clear that he feels this way about FEMA.

jllcali
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 2:28 AM
Why don't you keep your important documents one of those little fire/water proof safes in your cellar? That way they are in the safest place possible and you don't have to worry about them getting blown away?

Quoting Cake.Lady:

Oh really? How much of FEMA and the red cross is donations? How many insurance companies cut a freakin' check the minute a home is destroyed? How many people can't even access their bank accounts after a disaster like that? When I'm headed to the cellar, I'm not thinking about grabbing my wallet, birth certificate and Id. I'm worrying about my kids and my pets. Emergency aid is a lot different than fucking welfare.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 2:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Face Palm...

Spirituality makes people sane and religion makes people insane...

sweetangie79
by Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 3:01 AM
3 moms liked this

Now I remember where I left my douche bag.  LOL  He is not getting my vote.

Paperfishies
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 3:03 AM
4 moms liked this
I live 20 miles from henryville, Indiana, where the worst hit...and I agree with Ron Paul. It should be the states job and private charities job to take care of the victims.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)