Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

The War on Conservative Women

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 7:58 AM
  • 61 Replies
6 moms liked this

I'm sorry Rush Limbaugh called 30-year-old Georgetown law student Sandra Fluke a "slut." She's really just another professional femme-a-gogue helping to manufacture a false narrative about the GOP "war on women." I'm sorry the civility police now have an opening to demonize the entire right based on one radio comment -- because it's the progressive left in this country that has viciously and systematically slimed female conservatives for their beliefs.

We have the well-worn battle scars to prove it. And no, we don't need coddling phone calls from the pandering president of the United States to convince us to stand up and fight.

At his first press conference of the year on Tuesday, the Nation's Concern Troll explained that he phoned Fluke to send a message to his daughters and all women that they shouldn't be "attacked or called horrible names because they are being good citizens." After inserting himself into the fray and dragging Sasha and Malia into the debate, Obama then told a reporter he "didn't want to get into the business of arbitrating" language and civility. Too late, pal.

The fact is, "slut" is one of the nicer things I've been called over 20 years of public life. In college during the late 1980s, it was "race traitor," "coconut" (brown on the outside white on the inside) and "white man's puppet." After my first book, "Invasion," came out in 2001, it was "immigrant-hater," the "Radical Right's Asian Pitbull," "Tokyo Rose" and "Aunt Tomasina." In my third book, 2005's "Unhinged," I published entire chapters of hate mail rife with degrading, unprintable sexual epithets and mockery of my Filipino heritage.

If I had a dollar for every time libs have called me a "Manila whore" and "Subic Bay bar girl," I'd be able to pay for a ticket to a Hollywood-for-Obama fundraiser.

Self-serving opponents argue that such attacks do not represent "respectable," "mainstream" liberal opinion about their conservative female counterparts. But it was feminist godmother Gloria Steinem who called Texas Republican Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison a "female impersonator." It was NOW leader Patricia Ireland who commanded her flock to only vote for "authentic" female political candidates. It was Al Gore consultant Naomi Wolf who accused the late Jeane Kirkpatrick of being "uninflected by the experiences of the female body."

It was Matt Taibbi, now of Rolling Stone magazine, who mocked my early championing of the tea party movement by jibing: "Now when I read her stuff, I imagine her narrating her text, book-on-tape style, with a big, hairy set of (redacted) in her mouth. It vastly improves her prose."

It was Keith Olbermann, then at MSNBC and now at Al Gore's Current TV, who wrote on Twitter that columnist S.E. Cupp was "a perfect demonstration of the necessity of the work Planned Parenthood does" and who called me a "mashed up bag of meat with lipstick on it." He stands by those remarks. Olbermann has been a special guest at the White House.

Some of us have not forgotten when liberal Wisconsin radio host John "Sly" Sylvester outrageously accused GOP Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch of performing "fellatio on all the talk-show hosts in Milwaukee" and sneered that she had "pulled a train" (a crude phrase for gang sex). (Earlier, he called former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice a "black trophy" and "Aunt Jemima.")

Or when MSNBC misogynist Ed Schultz called talk show host Laura Ingraham a "talk slut" for criticizing Obama's petty beer summit. Or when Playboy published a list of the top 10 conservative women who deserved to be "hate-f**ked." The article, which was promoted by Anne Schroeder Mullins at Politico.com, included Ingraham, "The View's" Elisabeth Hasselbeck, former Bush spokeswoman Dana Perino, GOP Rep. Michele Bachmann and others. Yours truly topped the list with the following description: a "highly f**kable Filipina" and "a regular on Fox News, where her tight body and get-off-my-lawn stare just scream, 'Do me!'"

And then there's the left's war on Sarah Palin, which would require an entire national forest of trees to publish.

A reporter asked Obama to comment on examples of liberal hate speech at Tuesday's press conference. He whiffed, of course. This is, after all, the brave leader who sat on his hands while his street thugs attacked tea party mothers and grandmothers as "Koch whores" during the fight over union reform in Wisconsin. (As I reported last week, his re-election campaign is now targeting the Koch brothers' private foundation donors in a parallel effort to chill conservative speech and activism.) He's leading by example.

So no, we won't get any phone calls from Mr. Civility. Acknowledging the war on conservative women would obliterate The Narrative. Enjoy the silence.

SOURCE

by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 7:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rfurlongg
by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 8:22 AM
6 moms liked this
This author is discussing personal attacks on political figures of the right. There are plenty of examples of personal attacks on political figures on the left as well. Hillary Clinton is the one that stands out the most to me, but she certainly is not alone. Both sides are "victims" of a culture (not just left or right) that is not quite comfortable with women in power.

I have always felt that conservative women are often ignored in political discourse, almost as if they do not exist or their numbers are so small they are irrelevant. I find that unfortunate and a great loss.

Perhaps if we all acknowledged that such discourse (the slutty women on the left and the dumb submissive women on the right) hurt ALL women and perhaps if we held all that use such 'dialogue' to strong scrutiny we might see a change. As long and both sides demonize each other no progres will be made. Sad really. Our own worst enemies.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2012 at 8:22 AM
Ha ha. I read up to "femme a gogue" and knew this had to be either Malkin or Coulter. Skipped to the source and yep. They definitely have a tone to their writing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
candlegal
by Judy on Mar. 7, 2012 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this

two more conservative women the left can't stand   :)

Quoting jessilin0113:

Ha ha. I read up to "femme a gogue" and knew this had to be either Malkin or Coulter. Skipped to the source and yep. They definitely have a tone to their writing.

jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2012 at 8:25 AM
After actually reading the article, I agree with this answer.

Quoting rfurlongg:

This author is discussing personal attacks on political figures of the right. There are plenty of examples of personal attacks on political figures on the left as well. Hillary Clinton is the one that stands out the most to me, but she certainly is not alone. Both sides are "victims" of a culture (not just left or right) that is not quite comfortable with women in power.

I have always felt that conservative women are often ignored in political discourse, almost as if they do not exist or their numbers are so small they are irrelevant. I find that unfortunate and a great loss.

Perhaps if we all acknowledged that such discourse (the slutty women on the left and the dumb submissive women on the right) hurt ALL women and perhaps if we held all that use such 'dialogue' to strong scrutiny we might see a change. As long and both sides demonize each other no progress will be made. Sad really. Our own worst enemies.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2012 at 8:26 AM
3 moms liked this
Um yeah, because they are terrible people.

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting jessilin0113:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
candlegal
by Judy on Mar. 7, 2012 at 8:27 AM
3 moms liked this

if you say so.  They usually tell the truth which is why they are hated by the left.  Neither one of them believe in being PC

Quoting jessilin0113:

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting jessilin0113:

Where CafeMom Smart Moms Go

jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2012 at 8:30 AM
5 moms liked this
"Not PC" doesn't have to equate to "being an asshole". While these two occasionally make good points, their delivery system leaves something to be desired.

Quoting candlegal:

if you say so.  They usually tell the truth which is why they are hated by the left.  Neither one of them believe in being PC

Quoting jessilin0113:

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting jessilin0113:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Not_A_Native
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2012 at 8:32 AM
5 moms liked this

Name calling - be it of those on the right or left, men or women - is sad and pathetic.  Those who take part in the name calling are even more pathetic.

And from where I sit, it's pretty much equal.  Those she didn't list - Nancy Pelosi, Patty Murray, Barbara Boxer, Dianne Feinstein (oh, guess she's too young for that one), Hillary Clinton, our esteemed governor Chris Gregoire.

There's plenty of hate to go around, and it's even worse for women.  And if it wasn't for those feminists she hates so much, she wouldn't have her job today.

rfurlongg
by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this
They are disliked by many on the right for their abrasive and non constructive delivery system.

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting jessilin0113:

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting jessilin0113:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krysstizzle
by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 8:38 AM
5 moms liked this
The truth? Hardly. I've heard both of these women use disgusting language and go on tirades a tantrum throwing 2 year old would be proud of. Why do they get to bemoan the game when theyre active players in it? They say thing solely for ratings and sales. Pretty disgusting stuff.

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting jessilin0113:

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting jessilin0113:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)