30 Things to Put Inside Easter Eggs besides Candy
Easter Egg Hunts-More Than Just Candy-Lots of Ideas
Need a fun idea to spruce up your Easter Egg Hunt? Instead of just candy, why not fill your eggs with clues or puzzle pieces, or all sorts of things. Don' t miss the LONG list of ideas at the end of the post.
There are a number of different ways you can do this.
1. Buy a puzzle and simply hide the different pieces in different eggs. When everyone opens the eggs they will have to gather all the pieces and put the puzzle together.
2. Buy one puzzle for each of your children. When all the eggs are opened, not only will your kids have to put the puzzles together, but first they will have to figure out which pieces belong to their puzzle. Give them each a picture of their puzzle at the beginning so they know who's is who's.
3. Put the names (or pictures) of all the people at the egg hunt in eggs. When your children get an egg with a name or picture, they have to read it, and go find that person. The person can then either give them a small gift, or give them a clue to follow to another egg. This keeps everyone involved.
4. Create a scavenger hunt for your kids to find their Easter Baskets. Instead of them just sitting on the table ready for your kids, have your kids wake up to find an egg with a clue, that takes them to another clue etc, until they find their basket.
5. If you want bigger items in the eggs, that don't fit, Put a picture of the item, or the name of the item on a piece of paper in the egg. (For example, our kids love new pencils). Put a picture of a pencil in the egg and then when the hunt is over, your kids get to redeem their picture for the real thing.
for the rest of the list: http://familyvolley.blogspot.com/2011/04/easter-egg-hunts-more-than-just-candy.html