Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

30 Things to Put Inside Easter Eggs besides Candy

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 8:09 PM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this

Easter Egg Hunts-More Than Just Candy-Lots of Ideas

Need a fun idea to spruce up your Easter Egg Hunt? Instead of just candy, why not fill your eggs with clues or puzzle pieces, or all sorts of things. Don' t miss the LONG list of ideas at the end of the post.

There are a number of different ways you can do this.

1. Buy a puzzle and simply hide the different pieces in different eggs. When everyone opens the eggs they will have to gather all the pieces and put the puzzle together.

2. Buy one puzzle for each of your children. When all the eggs are opened, not only will your kids have to put the puzzles together, but first they will have to figure out which pieces belong to their puzzle. Give them each a picture of their puzzle at the beginning so they know who's is who's.

3. Put the names (or pictures) of all the people at the egg hunt in eggs. When your children get an egg with a name or picture, they have to read it, and go find that person. The person can then either give them a small gift, or give them a clue to follow to another egg. This keeps everyone involved.

4. Create a scavenger hunt for your kids to find their Easter Baskets. Instead of them just sitting on the table ready for your kids, have your kids wake up to find an egg with a clue, that takes them to another clue etc, until they find their basket.

5. If you want bigger items in the eggs, that don't fit, Put a picture of the item, or the name of the item on a piece of paper in the egg. (For example, our kids love new pencils). Put a picture of a pencil in the egg and then when the hunt is over, your kids get to redeem their picture for the real thing.

for the rest of the list: http://familyvolley.blogspot.com/2011/04/easter-egg-hunts-more-than-just-candy.html

by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 7, 2012 at 8:11 PM

We used to do a few of these.

Makes me long for the days when my girls were younger.

And look forward to the days when my Grandson will be a joy to watch with such things.

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2012 at 8:12 PM

We always put in money.  :)

katy_kay08
by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this

We've done a combo money/candy  But I'm liking the puzzle idea as well as the clues to other eggs.  That would be good for the older kids.  

Quoting stacymomof2:

We always put in money.  :)

krysstizzle
by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 8:13 PM
I like these ideas. My kids love treasure hunts. I make them a clue, then they're off, finding clues to get to the "treasure". Or we do treasure maps. That would be fun for easter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
punky3175
by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 8:19 PM
My mom did that for me at least once but I feel like I don't have the creativity to come up with clues to lead them to other things so I've never done it for my kids. I live these ideas for Easter egg hints though. Sadly my kids are too old for that now...or maybe not. I have to do more research on Ostara and figure out how to celebrate that with the kids.

Quoting krysstizzle:

I like these ideas. My kids love treasure hunts. I make them a clue, then they're off, finding clues to get to the "treasure". Or we do treasure maps. That would be fun for easter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_Kissy_
by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 8:21 PM
We have a golden egg from when my mother was a child, we put a grand prize in it, theres normally 20 or more kids hunting from the local orphanage. Sometimes its money or gift certificates. But all the eggs has something special other than candy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 8:26 PM

I really liked the L'egggs panty hose eggs that my Aunt prepared for us, they had dollar bills in them.

MomofNikki2010
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2012 at 8:29 PM
Fun! I will have to read the rest later!
We are having a toddler egg hunt party with "Bunny Money" in them so they can "buy" their own prizes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Mar. 7, 2012 at 8:31 PM

We get together with family and all the kids Easter egg hunt and when they are done they all get an Easter bag of goodies with movies, balloons, etc in them. We don't really do candy.

TCgirlatheart
by TC on Mar. 7, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Great ideas!  Thank you for sharing!

~ Low lie the Fields of Athenry Where once we watched the small free birds fly. Our love was on the wing we had dreams and songs to sing It's so lonely 'round the Fields of Athenry~
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN