Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

First dozen tomatoes are growing!   So is a cucumber!

by on Mar. 16, 2012 at 4:23 PM
Replies (11-20):
DangerDarling
by Fabulous on Mar. 17, 2012 at 1:40 PM

I wish I could grow things. I tell Burrito all the time that she needs to plant a garden for us, but it's so hot here that going outside during the heat of the summer to garden is a pain in the ass. 

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Smowed??  LOL

Quoting toomanypoodles:

No way!  We had a volunteer green onion last week, but we are still very cold.  It smowed a couple days ago!

(W. WA.)

Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2012 at 1:54 PM
My pink Dogwood is blooming :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2012 at 2:20 PM

It's unseasonably warm here, it's was 20C yesterday, the normal is -1 to 1C.  But they're calling for a snow/rain mix next week, so no garden planting here for a while.  The usual practice, or the old wives tale is don't plant until after the first full moon after Victoria Day weekend, which generally means late May.  It's really the only way to avoid frost (or worse, snow).

This year we're thinking of getting a plot in the community garden, I was amazed last year when my middle son, who hates veggies, ate tomatos and peppers that he grew in a little garden.  I'm hoping if we grow more he'll eat more veggies.  Plus nothing tastes better than garden fresh tomatos.

Slipnslide
by Member on Mar. 17, 2012 at 2:40 PM
We decided to skip spring and go straight into summer here
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Quoting Peanutx3:

Smowed??  LOL

Quoting toomanypoodles:

No way!  We had a volunteer green onion last week, but we are still very cold.  It smowed a couple days ago!

(W. WA.)

lol.  Yup, it smowed here.  Didn't it smow up there?  We're so lucky to get pretty smow.

Oh Poodles.....all I can say in my defense is, look at the time stamp on my post---I was running out of steam. 

iluv2meow
by on Mar. 17, 2012 at 7:27 PM

wth? We cant plant anything here it would die.

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2012 at 8:06 PM

We are having really unseasonably warm temps here in the twin cities.  We went to a St. Patricks day parade and we were sweaty.  Well into the 80s.  We always have snow on the ground this time of year...it's freaking St. Patricks Day!  It's usually like 30  or 35 degrees, not mid 80s!

Weather for Saint Paul, MN 55104

79°F | °CSatSunMonTue
Mostly SunnyMostly SunnyChance of StormsRain
Scattered Clouds
Wind: S at 16 mph
Humidity: 48%86°61°79°61°75°59°66°46°

Average Weather For St. Paul, Minnesota, United States For March 17

Temperature

The temperature typically varies from 27°F to 40°F and is rarely below 13°F or above53°F.

The coolest hours of the day are from 2am to 9am with the coldest at 6am, at which time the temperature is below 34°F three days out of four.

The warmest hours of the day are from noon to 7pm with the hottest at 4pm, at which time the temperature is above 32°F three days out of four.

The day has gained half its heat by 11am and lost it again by 10pm.

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Mar. 17, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

Quoting Sekirei:

spring never ends here

I have a classmate from High School in Maui. She has the most amazing flower garden. It's the most impressive thing about her property. I can't believe the shacks people live in.

I know. Driving to Ft Shafter is amusing (in a sad way) You will be driving through a beautiful neighborhood, then, cross an intersection and the houses are tiny and nearly stacked on top of each other.

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting Peanutx3:

Smowed??  LOL

Quoting toomanypoodles:

(W. WA.)

lol.  Yup, it smowed here.  Didn't it smow up there?  We're so lucky to get pretty smow.

Oh Poodles.....all I can say in my defense is, look at the time stamp on my post---I was running out of steam. 

Hehe.  I couldn't resist Poodles.  :)  A friends husband came over a few days ago and planted some potatoes, onions and strawberrys for me.  He did it in the rain for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN