Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

There goes that idea - oh well. This is the post for light hearted randomness

Posted by   + Show Post

So much for ranking up... Durn people deleting posts.

*edit* Oh well - bring the light hearted and fun randomness here. :-D

by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 9:46 PM
Replies (2891-2900):
TCgirlatheart
by TC on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:34 PM
I get the same way about crying in public. You did great, he looks so sweet!

Quoting heidimoose134:

I was bawling my eyes out. I felt so ridiculous. lol I know I shouldn't but I hate crying in front of people - especially total strangers.

The guy who was talking me through the c-section had some really pretty blue eyes. So that was kind of nice to look at while I was getting hacked apart. LOL

Quoting krysstizzle:

Oh, wow! That sounds crazy. So glad you and the little peanut both came through so well. I would have been scared, too. You're awesome! :)

Quoting heidimoose134:

Yeah. I managed to do Landon vaginally. This was an emergency c-section. I got the epidural and the doctor came in shortly after to break my water, I was about 5 cm dilated at the time. After he broke it I went up to 6, so the labor was going quickly. Ethan's heart rate dropped to 90 something during my first contraction after he broke my water. The nurses turned me to the side and his heart went back up to 120-ish. Then when I had my next contraction it dropped extremely low, it was almost not beating at all. The doctor wasn't even going to start messing with that so into the surgery room I went. 

Unfortunately, all of my support (family, David) were all taking care of some other things outside the hospital because no one figured that would happen so I ended up being all alone. I was scared to death. But the hospital staff was great and they were able to talk me through it okay. 

Quoting krysstizzle:

Man, I bet you're sore. Was this your first c section? I had both of mine vaginally, I have no frame of reference!

Quoting heidimoose134:

Thanks. I'm okay. Just sore. I'm moving a lot better today than I was yesterday, although I think that's partially thanks to the percocet that I'm taking. I've got the new little man laying next to me sleeping right now. We nursed not too long ago, and that's going well overall. I just kind of take a few snoozers here and there for now. 

As far as this whole recovery thing goes I will take vaginal delivery any day over this. lol

Quoting krysstizzle:

Yay! So sweet!

How are you doing??

Quoting heidimoose134:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heidimoose134
by Momma Moose on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Ugh I would have been devastated. I imagine it does get harder. This has definitely taken a toll on my body. How did they do your incisions? I assume they did the same one each time? 

Quoting Peanutx3:

I didn't have a chance for a vaginal delivery with my first. She was breach and by the time we got to the hospital I was dilated to 6 and rushed to surgery. I do have to say that with each subsequent c section my recovery was a little harder.

Quoting heidimoose134:

I think you're crazy. lol But I'm glad that they went okay for you. 

Just comparing the recovery process, I definitely prefer the vaginal delivery. I won't deny there are some perks to getting a c-section though. lol

Quoting Peanutx3:

I loved my 3 c-sections for the most part.  

Quoting heidimoose134:

Thanks. I'm okay. Just sore. I'm moving a lot better today than I was yesterday, although I think that's partially thanks to the percocet that I'm taking. I've got the new little man laying next to me sleeping right now. We nursed not too long ago, and that's going well overall. I just kind of take a few snoozers here and there for now. 

As far as this whole recovery thing goes I will take vaginal delivery any day over this. lol

Quoting krysstizzle:

Yay! So sweet!

How are you doing??

Quoting heidimoose134:

heidimoose134
by Momma Moose on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:37 PM
3 moms liked this

I'm like a guy. I don't want people to see what a little baby I am. LOL

Thanks. He is a sweety. I'm excited to take care of him. lol

Quoting TCgirlatheart:

I get the same way about crying in public. You did great, he looks so sweet!

snipped
krysstizzle
by DeepThought on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol aw, you poor thing! I know what you mean about the crying. I have a tendency to cry when i'm angry. Or upset. I find it sooo mortifying! But you definitely had a reason, and a good one. Pretty blue eyes have never hurt anyone! ;)

Quoting heidimoose134:

I was bawling my eyes out. I felt so ridiculous. lol I know I shouldn't but I hate crying in front of people - especially total strangers.

The guy who was talking me through the c-section had some really pretty blue eyes. So that was kind of nice to look at while I was getting hacked apart. LOL

Quoting krysstizzle:

Oh, wow! That sounds crazy. So glad you and the little peanut both came through so well. I would have been scared, too. You're awesome! :)

Quoting heidimoose134:

Yeah. I managed to do Landon vaginally. This was an emergency c-section. I got the epidural and the doctor came in shortly after to break my water, I was about 5 cm dilated at the time. After he broke it I went up to 6, so the labor was going quickly. Ethan's heart rate dropped to 90 something during my first contraction after he broke my water. The nurses turned me to the side and his heart went back up to 120-ish. Then when I had my next contraction it dropped extremely low, it was almost not beating at all. The doctor wasn't even going to start messing with that so into the surgery room I went. 

Unfortunately, all of my support (family, David) were all taking care of some other things outside the hospital because no one figured that would happen so I ended up being all alone. I was scared to death. But the hospital staff was great and they were able to talk me through it okay. 

Quoting krysstizzle:

Man, I bet you're sore. Was this your first c section? I had both of mine vaginally, I have no frame of reference!

Quoting heidimoose134:

Quoting krysstizzle:

Yay! So sweet!

How are you doing??

Quoting heidimoose134:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peanutx3
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:08 PM

I was scared that first time.  It had been the first time I had every had surgery.  I laughed about you saying the guy had blue eyes.  Mostly what I remember about that surgery was the arms on the anesthetic guy.  They were huge!  I had more trouble with the spinal each time.  By my third c-section it really wasn't making me fully numb.  I didn't feel pain but a higher amount of pressure.  They did the incision at the same place each time.  Now the scar is pretty small.  

Quoting heidimoose134:

Ugh I would have been devastated. I imagine it does get harder. This has definitely taken a toll on my body. How did they do your incisions? I assume they did the same one each time? 

Quoting Peanutx3:

I didn't have a chance for a vaginal delivery with my first. She was breach and by the time we got to the hospital I was dilated to 6 and rushed to surgery. I do have to say that with each subsequent c section my recovery was a little harder.

Quoting heidimoose134:

I think you're crazy. lol But I'm glad that they went okay for you. 

Just comparing the recovery process, I definitely prefer the vaginal delivery. I won't deny there are some perks to getting a c-section though. lol

Quoting Peanutx3:

I loved my 3 c-sections for the most part.  

Quoting heidimoose134:

Quoting krysstizzle:

Yay! So sweet!

How are you doing??

Quoting heidimoose134:

punky3175
by Punky on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Tattoo I got with my mom. Hers is much larger. This one us on my left inner arm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
punky3175
by Punky on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I shared this one after I got it in December. I'm getting used to seeing it all the time now when I wear short sleeves and it peaking out when I'm in suits and moving my arms.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heidimoose134
by Momma Moose on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:25 PM

lol The anesthesiologist that I had was a Ron Paul fanatic. When my doctor was stitching me back up he started going on about his foreign policy and a bunch of other stuff. It made me think of this forum and gave me a chuckle. lol He apologized to me and said "I must defend Ron Paul!" I have no idea what was said that made him start talking about him. But I had to admire his enthusiasm. Haha

This was my first surgery as well. It's not the notion of surgery that I found scary, but the thought of being sliced open while I'm still WIDE AWAKE was what freaked me out the most about it. And it was a pretty disgusting feeling, I won't lie. 

The guy who did my epidural really botched it. Apparently one of my bones was blocking it from getting through all the way. David had to leave the room because watching it was making him want to pass out. Apparently I was bleeding a lot out of the entry site. I have a massive bruise on my back now. With Landon it was such a quick process so I'm wondering why it didn't go as smoothly this time around. I'm glad I did it before we had to do the c-section though. I made sure they did it before the doctor broke my water because I remember that hurting like hell with Landon. 

What matters is that our babies get out healthy and alive. :-)

I'm actually glad I went in for induction. When the doctor broke my water it made the cord get extremely tight which is why the heart rate dropped. I probably would have lost Ethan if my water had broke at home. 

Quoting Peanutx3:

I was scared that first time.  It had been the first time I had every had surgery.  I laughed about you saying the guy had blue eyes.  Mostly what I remember about that surgery was the arms on the anesthetic guy.  They were huge!  I had more trouble with the spinal each time.  By my third c-section it really wasn't making me fully numb.  I didn't feel pain but a higher amount of pressure.  They did the incision at the same place each time.  Now the scar is pretty small.  

snipped
Peanutx3
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Scary and yes all that matters is the end result of healthy babies.

Quoting heidimoose134:

lol The anesthesiologist that I had was a Ron Paul fanatic. When my doctor was stitching me back up he started going on about his foreign policy and a bunch of other stuff. It made me think of this forum and gave me a chuckle. lol He apologized to me and said "I must defend Ron Paul!" I have no idea what was said that made him start talking about him. But I had to admire his enthusiasm. Haha

This was my first surgery as well. It's not the notion of surgery that I found scary, but the thought of being sliced open while I'm still WIDE AWAKE was what freaked me out the most about it. And it was a pretty disgusting feeling, I won't lie. 

The guy who did my epidural really botched it. Apparently one of my bones was blocking it from getting through all the way. David had to leave the room because watching it was making him want to pass out. Apparently I was bleeding a lot out of the entry site. I have a massive bruise on my back now. With Landon it was such a quick process so I'm wondering why it didn't go as smoothly this time around. I'm glad I did it before we had to do the c-section though. I made sure they did it before the doctor broke my water because I remember that hurting like hell with Landon. 

What matters is that our babies get out healthy and alive. :-)

I'm actually glad I went in for induction. When the doctor broke my water it made the cord get extremely tight which is why the heart rate dropped. I probably would have lost Ethan if my water had broke at home. 

Quoting Peanutx3:

snipped

Euphoric
by Thumper kid spanks on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:36 PM

He is so precious!

Quoting krysstizzle:

Yay! So sweet!

How are you doing??

Quoting heidimoose134:

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured