Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Is 9 weeks too far along for an abortion?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Should I tell her?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 144

View Results

My sil is 8 weeks pregnant. Her dh just left her and she's been struggling with whether or not she should keep the baby. Her mom and dh want her to abort. Her dad wants her to keep the baby and I told her I'll support her no matter what.

Now she just told me that she can't abort because her dad said once you hit 9 weeks they won't do it. Now I'm pretty sure she actually has another month to get it done but I'm unsure if I should tell her that. Part of me thinks she wants to keep the baby and is using this as an excuse not to do it.

by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 6:02 PM
Replies (151-160):
arnptee
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 11:01 PM

There's a lot of information on the internet or in books that track the progress of fetal development that she may find to be fascinating and helpful.  She is in my thoughts and prayers.

Quoting paganbaby:

I don't think she does.

Quoting arnptee:

Does she know the baby's development so far at 8 weeks?

1 The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship. 2 Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make him known. 3 They speak without a sound or word; their voice is never heard.  4 Yet their message has gone throughout the earth, and their words to all the world. -Psalm 19:1-4

arnptee
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 11:03 PM

I haven't heard that, but a heartbeat can be detected in a matter of 18 days.

Quoting motherslove82:

What state are you in? I have heard that some states were trying to pass a law saying it was illegal once the baby had a heartbeat. I don't know if any of those laws were ever passed. I am completely against abortion, but it's legal. I would tell her the truth, or at least have her do some research to find out the laws. 

1 The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship. 2 Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make him known. 3 They speak without a sound or word; their voice is never heard.  4 Yet their message has gone throughout the earth, and their words to all the world. -Psalm 19:1-4

motherslove82
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 11:09 PM

I had heard 4-5 weeks. I don't know if the law passed, but it's the only reason I could think of for why an abortion would be illegal at 9 weeks.

Quoting arnptee:

I haven't heard that, but a heartbeat can be detected in a matter of 18 days.

Quoting motherslove82:

What state are you in? I have heard that some states were trying to pass a law saying it was illegal once the baby had a heartbeat. I don't know if any of those laws were ever passed. I am completely against abortion, but it's legal. I would tell her the truth, or at least have her do some research to find out the laws. 

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 11:11 PM
5 moms liked this

Someday, hopefully soon, I will remind myself to stop opening these ridiculously titled posts.

I'm going to bang my head now.

and....
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Because you DONT WANT It!! .....................................

shouting

Quoting NoraDun:

Why would anybody abort a living baby at any age. Aborting one at 4 wks is murdering a child who would eventually be healthy and well and able to breath, speak, walk, eventually. Why?? Because they are killers, sick pups, selfish, ignorant. People do crazy things for all kinds of reasons. Why does a woman kill her 3 yr old, or put her baby in the washing machine. Its all the same think weither 4 wks in the womb or 4 wks out. They are just sick!

Quoting paganbaby:

Why would they abort a healthy baby at that age?

Quoting NoraDun:

Yeap you wanna know how they deliver babies after 20wks. They go in the MOM turn the baby (which is able to survive outside of the womb) feet first. They then deliver the baby until they are to the next right before the head is delivered (Healthy baby kicking and moving) they then jam something in its head scramble its brains which kills it then deliveres the rest!)

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

I thought it was doable up to, like, 20 weeks or something like that but I dont know for sure, sorry. Huggs to her no matter what she decides!!

lynnd4
by Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 11:14 PM
What does her heart tell her? That's the only thing that matters.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdellesMom
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Legally, I don't think it's too late.

However, I wouldn't tell her.  

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Mar. 28, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Do you want her to find out someday that you didn't tell her, lying by omission?  The truth always comes out. 

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Mar. 28, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Thank you

Quoting arnptee:

There's a lot of information on the internet or in books that track the progress of fetal development that she may find to be fascinating and helpful.  She is in my thoughts and prayers.

Quoting paganbaby:

I don't think she does.

Quoting arnptee:

Does she know the baby's development so far at 8 weeks?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Mar. 28, 2012 at 11:21 PM

True. Very true

Quoting lynnd4:

What does her heart tell her? That's the only thing that matters.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)