Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Trayvon’s Brother: “There Should Be An Arrest”

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2012 at 4:30 PM
  • 9 Replies

MIAMI (CBS4) – The brother of Trayvon Martin is speaking out exclusively to CBS4 News about what he and his family have been going through since the shooting death of his brother, which prompted a national outcry for the shooter’s arrest.

“It’s quite overwhelming. Everyone standing up for justice, for my brother,” said Jahvaris Fulton. “I think it’s amazing. He’s making history, I guess. There’s no words for it. I don’t how to explain that but we like the support and we’re thankful for everyone’s prayers.”

Fulton told CBS4′s Gio Benitez that Trayvon’s death has been so hard for him, he wanted to give up his Information Technology studies at Florida International University. It’s something, he said, he can’t get away from due to the intense media coverage.

“Like when they come on I just change the channel or mute the TV,” said Fulton ” I still don’t really want to be [at FIU] right now. But I think about him, and then my future, so here I am.”
Police say Martin, 17, died at the hands of Sanford neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman.

icon video Trayvons Brother: There Should Be An ArrestWeb Extra: Trayvon Martin’s Brother Speaks Exclusively To CBS4

Trayvon was walking back home from a convenience store.

Zimmerman thought he looked suspicious and called police. He followed Trayvon.

What happens next is not clear, but Trayvon ended up dead with a gunshot wound to the chest.

Zimmerman told police he shot Trayvon in self defense, something Fulton has a hard time believing.

“It’s just baffling how people just take his word for it, as if that’s exactly what happened, and no question about it,” said Fulton. I think it sends the wrong message. It tells people that you can murder someone, no one sees it, and you can say its self defense. That’s essentially what happened and I don’t think people should get that.”

Fulton plans to attend the rally for Trayvon Sunday at Miami’s Bayfront Park.

“Just to continue fighting for justice, just that, and there should be an arrest I think,” said

Fultonhttp://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/03/30/trayvons-brother-there-should-be-an-arrest/

People were so quick to believe the family of Zimmerman and Joe Oliver. Now Trayvon's brother speaks on how he feels.
by on Mar. 31, 2012 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
NaniMami317
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2012 at 4:42 PM

EMS tapes show George Zimmerman did not sustain fatal injuries in encounter with Trayvon Martin

Paperwork detailing the EMS response to the shooting scene shows that a call for a second ambulance was canceled

Comments (166)

A Miami funeral director says Trayvon Martin’s body showed no signs of a violent brawl.

Richard Kurtz said his examination of the slain Florida teen’s corpse revealed no cuts, scratches or bruises, only a gunshot wound to the chest.

Kurtz’s account appears to contradict George Zimmerman’s claims that he shot Trayvon during a life-and-death struggle.

“We could see no physical signs like there had been a scuffle [or\] there had been a fight,” Kurtz told CBS News.

“The hands — I didn’t see any knuckles, bruises or what have you, and that is something we would have covered up if it would have been there.”

Trayvon “looked perfectly normal to me when he came in and the story just does not make sense that he was in this type of scuffle or fight in anything that we could see,” Kurtz added.

Kurtz’s account marked the latest twist in a case that has sparked outrage across the U.S. over the murder of an unarmed black teen.

Zimmerman killed Trayvon, 17, in a gated community in Sanford last month after calling 911 to report a suspicious person.

Zimmerman, 28, claimed self-defense and was not arrested.

Zimmerman’s father has said his son, an insurance agent who spent nights patrolling his neighborhood, suffered a broken nose and bloody gashes on his head during his fight with Trayvon.

He downplayed a video shot in the police station that shows Zimmerman apparently free of any bruises, blood or bandages.

On Friday, the Daily News obtained EMS documents suggesting Zimmerman, who an ex-colleague said was fired from a security job for being too aggressive, did not sustain serious injuries in the fatal encounter.

Paperwork detailing the EMS response to the shooting scene shows that a call for a second ambulance was canceled.

An audiotape containing the EMS communications, also obtained by The News on Friday, records unidentified workers discussing the scene.

Zimmerman’s condition is mentioned briefly in the 30-minute recording.

“Do we have a second patient?” a man asks.

“That’s affirmative. We have a second patient,” a woman replies. “The second patient is not a gunshot.”

mlysiak@nydailynews.com

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ems-tapes-show-george-zimmerman-sustain-fatal-injuries-encounter-trayvon-martin-article-1.1053821#ixzz1qjGrLWxu

And the cards fall into place.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 31, 2012 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this

My heart continues to hurt for this family.

momtimesx4
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2012 at 5:02 PM

I would rather have seen the autopsy/coroner's report than to listen to the already one-sided funeral director.

EMS documents said he was treated at the scene and did not require a trip to the hospital that night, he did seek followup help afterwards.

The ex-colleague is trying to cash in on the event by claiming an event from 2005.

NaniMami317
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Do you feel Robert Zimmerman, Robert Jr,and Joe Oliver were one sided also?? None of them actually said "George told them" however they all took his story as being what actually happened. And regarding the point of Zimmerman not needing to go to the hospital that night, well why didn't he?? He said Trayvon was beating him within an inch of his life. He had to shoot and kill him or he would be killed. The Zimmerman on the video does not look like someone who was just beat within an inch of his life.

Quoting momtimesx4:

I would rather have seen the autopsy/coroner's report than to listen to the already one-sided funeral director.

EMS documents said he was treated at the scene and did not require a trip to the hospital that night, he did seek followup help afterwards.

The ex-colleague is trying to cash in on the event by claiming an event from 2005.

momtimesx4
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Video is too grainy to really see.  Beating within an inch of ones life is open ended and varies per person.  If someone knocks me to the ground and starts hitting me, no matter the strength of the blows (Mike Tyson strength vs a slap/tickle fight strength), I'd shoot them too.

Some injuries may not surface/become painful til later on/next day.    Many injuries people will ignore until after the adrenaline wears off.

NaniMami317
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2012 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this

So long story short, is it fair to say, your view is one sided too???

Quoting momtimesx4:

Video is too grainy to really see.  Beating within an inch of ones life is open ended and varies per person.  If someone knocks me to the ground and starts hitting me, no matter the strength of the blows (Mike Tyson strength vs a slap/tickle fight strength), I'd shoot them too.

Some injuries may not surface/become painful til later on/next day.    Many injuries people will ignore until after the adrenaline wears off.

youngmama32
by on Mar. 31, 2012 at 5:32 PM

RIP to Trayvon. Such a sad story. <3

momtimesx4
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Quoting NaniMami317:

Quoting momtimesx4:

Everyone's opinion is one sided, except for those directly involved and any eyewitnesses.  Not an ear witness, but an eye witness.

Even celebrities opinions are one sided, even when they call for the death of an old couple who's son has the same name as George Zimmerman and lived at their address back in 1995.

NaniMami317
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Yea shame on Spike Lee and Rosanne Barr for doing something so stupid that could have ended really badly.

I agree everyone is one sided. I know I am

Quoting momtimesx4:

Quoting NaniMami317:

Quoting momtimesx4:

Everyone's opinion is one sided, except for those directly involved and any eyewitnesses.  Not an ear witness, but an eye witness.

Even celebrities opinions are one sided, even when they call for the death of an old couple who's son has the same name as George Zimmerman and lived at their address back in 1995.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)