Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Zimmerman will be charged! *UPDATE* *IN RED*

Posted by   + Show Post

Zimmerman is in custody, after turning himself in. He is charged with second degree murder. 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/george-zimmerman-to-be-charged-in-trayvon-martin-shooting-law-enforcement-official-says/2012/04/11/gIQAHJ5oAT_story.html

Florida special prosecutor Angela Corey plans to announce as early as Wednesday afternoon that she is charging neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman in the shooting ofTrayvon Martin, according to a law enforcement official close to the investigation.

It was not immediately clear what charge Zimmerman will face.

Attorney General Eric Holder addresses the Justice Department's investigation into the Trayvon Martin shooting at the National Action Network conference.

Martin, 17 and unarmed, was shot and killed Feb. 26 by Zimmerman, who said he was acting in self-defense. Police in Sanford, Fla., where the shooting took place, did not charge Zimmerman, citing the state’s “stand your ground” law.

Corey told reporters Tuesday night that she would hold a news conference about the case within 72 hours. A news release from her office said the event will be held in Sanford or Jacksonville, Fla.

Benjamin Crump, who is representing the Martin family, said this week that Corey’s office had asked where Trayvon’s parents would be each day this week. They arrived Wednesday in Washington for a civil rights conference organized by the Rev. Al Sharpton, where they are scheduled to speak.

The announcement of a charge against Zimmerman would come a day afterZimmerman’s attorneys withdrew from the case, citing their inability to contact Zimmerman.

Lawyers Craig Sonner and Hal Uhrig on Tuesday expressed concern about Zimmerman’s emotional and physical well-being, saying he has taken actions without consulting them. They also said they do not know where Zimmerman is.

“You can stop looking in Florida,” Uhrig told reporters. “Look much further away than that.”

Corey said Monday that she would not bring the case before a grand jury, which was expected to convene this week. She said her decision to forgo the grand jury should not be viewed as a factor in determining whether charges will be filed.

Corey has indicated in recent weeks that she might not need a grand jury to bring charges against Zimmerman.

The lawyers said they stand by their assertions that Zimmerman acted in self-defense when he killed the 17-year-old, who was unarmed, but they acknowledged that they formed their impressions without meeting Zimmerman.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 2:34 PM
Replies (261-270):
Tea4Tas
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting tiffyhamm:

Yup.

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting Momniscient:

Wow. So he's MIA?

imagine that.  Thats why I think its a good dea to arrest suspects..

This is funny as hell in retrospect. He turend himslef in and was never MIA!

He was missing for weeks, then decided to turn himself in.

Suddenly missing George Zimmerman appears to have fled Florida

Peter Grier | The Christian Science Monitor | Apr 11, 2012

If Florida authorities decide to file charges against George Zimmerman for shooting Trayvon Martin, will they be able to find him? That's suddenly become a key question in the case of the neighborhood watch volunteer and his fatal encounter with an unarmed black teenager.

On Tuesday, Mr. Zimmerman's now-former attorneys announced that they no longer represented him, in large part because he was in hiding and had stopped responding to their calls. The attorneys said they did not know where Zimmerman was - adding that they were fairly certain he was no longer in the state where the Feb. 26 incident with Trayvon occurred.

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/suddenly-missing-george-zimmerman-appears-have-fled-florida

Missing? Until he was actually charged he had no duty to anyone to say where he was. He was charged and immediately turned himself in.

Given that a family with the same name received DEATH threats, who can blame him? Le's not forget the $10,000 reward put on his head....

True, but when you are having problems like he is, and facing charges in the near future-it is in your best interest to at least be available to your attorneys.  He did not do that, and the fact is, it doesn't take a genius to figure out why he ran.

Of course not. He was IN HIDING because there were DEATH threats made against him-and a $10,000 bounty on his head! He never ran, and he was never being hunted. The police have no idea where I am right now-and why shhould they? I am not charged with a crime, and neither was Zimmerman, so he had no duty to tell anyone about his whereabouts.

And perhaps he didn't contact his Lawyers because he didn't trust them-we are only hearing his Lawyers side of it-and clearly he was IN THE state of Florida, because he turned himself in pretty damned quickly!

I have no sympathy for him.  He did this to himself. 

And if Trayvon initiated the attack, couldn't you say the same about him?

I mean when you punch someone in the head and hold them down (if that is proven true)  wouldn't you expect them to protect themselves?

Uh, so you are saying that Trayvon was driving, and got out of his car with a gun and punched Zimmerman in the head and held him down? 

I think your viewpoint so far is laughable.  Look, an ADULT was driving down the road following Trayvon.  He had a choice to do what the 911 operator was telling him to do(NOT follow Trayvon) but he chose to do what he wanted to do.

Everything that happened after that happened because of his actions and choices.  I hope the reality of life in prison bites him in the ass.

No I am saying that bOTH men were walking in a neighborhood they had a legal right to walk around in. Zimmerman lived there, and Trayvon was visiting realtives. WHOEVER initiated a physical altercation would be the one who broke the law.

Tea4Tas
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Quoting louzannalady:

You are forgetting something important here. Two experts have confirmed with a great degree of certainty that was NOT Zimmerman's voice on the recording. 

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57407964-504083/screams-on-911-call-not-george-zimmerman-forensic-voice-experts-say/

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting Sisteract:

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting Sisteract:

The GF's cell phone records provide an exact time stamp and can refute Zimmerman's story....as she HEARD the initiation of the event. She is an audio witness-

Until I see a name, face or recorded voice of one of these"witnesses" I refuse to acknowledge their existence. Sorry.

The legal eagles would have taken all this information into acct-

The GF has not yet been identified by name. So why is she more credible than the other witnesses?

I have actually heard her voice.

I have also heard the recorded 911 call from another audio witness...the one where the gun is fired and the screaming immediately stops.

I have seen or heard NO OTHER actual witness recording....if someone can provide a link for such, I will gladly change my position. 

ANYONE have such proof? Please post, thanks-

If someone was beating me up and I was screaming, after I shot them, I would stop screaming-because I would be safe. You can argue either side on that one.

Did you read that article? First of all, it isn't legal testimony-the guy was hired by a newspaper. Second of all, it doesn't meet the burden of proof. THE PROSECUTOR will have to prove BEYOND a reasonable doubt that it was TRAYVON screaming. As it stands all they have is a 48% possability it was zimmerman.

How does that equate to beyond a reasonable doubt? 

GoddessNDaRuff
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 4:40 PM

I wrote that BEFORE the update. A couple of news outlets said his lawyers could not find him and he'd fled the state. OBVIOUSLY, he's now turned himself in so the fleeing part would not apply genius.

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

So now they are going to charge him but their indecision and police mishandling of the case gave the SOB time to flee. I hope he's charged with murder and fleeing. I'm glad Trayvon will finally or eventually get justice. I had serious doubts. Hopefully Zimmerman is convicted!!!!!!

How cpould he be charged with "fleeing" he was at the scene when the police came. He has turend himslef in. THIS is the problem, people make up stuff, post it, and it becomes fact!

Tea4Tas
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

I wrote that BEFORE the update. A couple of news outlets said his lawyers could not find him and he'd fled the state. OBVIOUSLY, he's now turned himself in so the fleeing part would not apply genius.

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

So now they are going to charge him but their indecision and police mishandling of the case gave the SOB time to flee. I hope he's charged with murder and fleeing. I'm glad Trayvon will finally or eventually get justice. I had serious doubts. Hopefully Zimmerman is convicted!!!!!!

How cpould he be charged with "fleeing" he was at the scene when the police came. He has turend himslef in. THIS is the problem, people make up stuff, post it, and it becomes fact!

And THAT is the whole problem with this case. THE MEDIA reports whatever they want, and people like you BELIEVE it. You  wanted him charged with Fleeing! He wasn't guilty of a damned thing, and the hype and papers had you wanting him charged for fleeing-fleeing WHAT?

You should be charged with fleeing yourself! Have you reported in to your police station toady-in case they want you?

BrittanyLS821
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this

He is Innocent until proven guilty, poor guy wont even get a fair trial. Suck for both families. No eye witness and no one knows for sure what happened. People only say what they heard not what they saw that is not enough evidence. I hope he gets a fair trial with enough evidence either way. I wasn't there, so I can't chose either side. Because of the media he will be found guilty probably with zero evidence. 

ashellbell
by shellbark on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Just like Casey Anthony? There's probably way more evidence and we just don't know about it. He'll get a fair trial.

Quoting BrittanyLS821:

He is Innocent until proven guilty, poor guy wont even get a fair trial. Suck for both families. No eye witness and no one knows for sure what happened. People only say what they heard not what they saw that is not enough evidence. I hope he gets a fair trial with enough evidence either way. I wasn't there, so I can't chose either side. Because of the media he will be found guilty probably with zero evidence. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gilbertgrl627
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:58 PM

I don't think he was paranoid. He was on the neighborhood watch. But some people have been saying he called 46 times just this year alone. That would be almost every single day from January 1st to the 26th of February. lol. I just wanted to clear that up.

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting gilbertgrl627:

Sorry, I was mistaken. He's called 46 times since 2004. Not 46 times last year, and not 46 times in 2012.

Quoting louzannalady:

No. He called the police 46 times since the beginning of this year. 

Quoting gilbertgrl627:

He may be paranoid, but Zimmerman did not call the police over 400 times last year. He called 46 times. Police were called over 400 times to that development where he lived, but those calls were not all made by Zimmerman.

Quoting thanush:

I'm glad ge is arrested. He sure is a paranoid. He has called 911 over 400 times just last year. No normal person would do that. I bet he shot this kid in paranoia, just because he was wearing a hoodie. This man deserve to be sent to prison. He is a danger to society.

so he called about every 2 months or so..how is that paranoid when you live in a place with a robbery every 6 weeks?

Dragonmamas
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Since when can you just leave state during an investigation? That just goes to show...

esmarie
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Casey Anthony, and now this.Whats up with Florida?!

Tricornes
by Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:21 AM

With Skittles??  You don't think criminals eat candy too?  Dare I say it, could he have had the munchies from smoking pot?  

As far as the lynching scenario goes, you better hit those books again cause you didn't get it the first time.  In this case however, the police had no intention of charging Zimmerman due to the fact that he was attacked and justly defended himself.  Multiple witnesses and the evidence at the scene confirmed the fact.  It is only after mob pressure and threats of violence that a charge was brought.  

The affidavit of probable cause is a sham and a thin one at that, any judge with half a brain will throw the case out after reading that web of misinformation.

The left wants to defend every cop killer with a smoking gun in his hand but is ready to string up this guy simply because he was identified as "white".  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured