Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CAN A SECOND DEGREE CHARGE BE PROVED?

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 6:30 PM
  • 268 Replies

Over charged? Can it be done? What facts could she have that made her bring second degree?

In my Opininon No Disrespect

by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Apr. 11, 2012 at 6:35 PM
2 moms liked this

I am not about to speculate on what they may have, or not have, in regards to the charges.  It appears that they feel they have what is needed.  

No doubt we will all 'try' this case ourselves, more than once, before this is over.  We already have. lol  Numerous times.

The fact that charges have indeed been brought against Zimmerman is the first step in a very long ordeal.  But it is indeed a good, first step.

I don't care for Sharpton but I do agree with what he just said...........public opinion, outcry, etc., did not bring about these charges.  The outcry did, however, bring another look upon the case.

I also agree with what he just said.  This is not a victory, no gloating.  His parents and family are still mourning.  This is, however, a good first step in the direction this needed to go.

How my heart still hurts for that family.

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Angela Corey, may be hard nosed, and a fighter of victims,but does she know how to win this case?

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you 100%. I don't care for Sharpton at all, but his words resonate in me. As for the Family, I am crying all over again!

Quoting FromAtoZ:

I am not about to speculate on what they may have, or not have, in regards to the charges.  It appears that they feel they have what is needed.  

No doubt we will all 'try' this case ourselves, more than once, before this is over.  We already have. lol  Numerous times.

The fact that charges have indeed been brought against Zimmerman is the first step in a very long ordeal.  But it is indeed a good, first step.

I don't care for Sharpton but I do agree with what he just said...........public opinion, outcry, etc., did not bring about these charges.  The outcry did, however, bring another look upon the case.

I also agree with what he just said.  This is not a victory, no gloating.  His parents and family are still mourning.  This is, however, a good first step in the direction this needed to go.

How my heart still hurts for that family.

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 6:42 PM
5 moms liked this

I think it depends on injuries. If Zimmerman didn't have any significant injuries than I think it will be hard for him to claim self defense.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 6:47 PM
7 moms liked this

Well, 2nd degree is when it's intentional, yet not pre-meditated. And not done in the 'heat of passion'. And that he had so little regard for human life, via his overall actions. I think it's a slam dunk, based on what 2nd degree means.

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this

They have to have a lot more then we know! And we all speculated that it couldn't be serious!

Quoting smalltowngal:

I think it depends on injuries. If Zimmerman didn't have any significant injuries than I think it will be hard for him to claim self defense.

AMBG825
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 6:49 PM
2 moms liked this

My concern is what will happen if he is acquitted?

xo.MommyW.xo
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Amen

Quoting EireLass:

Well, 2nd degree is when it's intentional, yet not pre-meditated. And not done in the 'heat of passion'. And that he had so little regard for human life, via his overall actions. I think it's a slam dunk, based on what 2nd degree means.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PestPatti
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Can they prove depraved indifference to human life, I dont know.   I thought manslaughter, it would seem to fit more than murder.   

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 6:55 PM
2 moms liked this

I will c&p my answer from the other thread:

Here's some info on second degree murder n Florida:

Second Degree Murder occurs when a person intentionally commits an extremely dangerous act that demonstrates a depraved mind without regard to human life and someone else is killed by the result of that act. A person can be convicted of Second Degree Murder even if they did not specifically intend to kill anyone. http://www.nejamelaw.com/homicide-lawyer-orlando-florida.htm

(2) The unlawful killing of a human being, when perpetrated by any act imminently dangerous to another and evincing a depraved mind regardless of human life, although without any premeditated design to effect the death of any particular individual, is murder in the second degree and constitutes a felony of the first degree, punishable by imprisonment for a term of years not exceeding life or as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
(3) When a person is killed in the perpetration of, or in the attempt to perpetrate, any:
(a) Trafficking offense prohibited by s. 893.135(1),
(b) Arson,
(c) Sexual battery,
(d) Robbery,
(e) Burglary,
(f) Kidnapping,
(g) Escape,
(h) Aggravated child abuse,
(i) Aggravated abuse of an elderly person or disabled adult,
(j) Aircraft piracy,
(k) Unlawful throwing, placing, or discharging of a destructive device or bomb,
(l) Carjacking,
(m) Home-invasion robbery,
(n) Aggravated stalking,
(o) Murder of another human being,
(p) Resisting an officer with violence to his or her person, or
(q) Felony that is an act of terrorism or is in furtherance of an act of terrorism,

by a person other than the person engaged in the perpetration of or in the attempt to perpetrate such felony, the person perpetrating or attempting to perpetrate such felony is guilty of murder in the second degree, which constitutes a felony of the first degree, punishable by imprisonment for a term of years not exceeding life or as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0782/0782.html

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured