Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

CAN A SECOND DEGREE CHARGE BE PROVED?

Posted by   + Show Post

Over charged? Can it be done? What facts could she have that made her bring second degree?

In my Opininon No Disrespect

by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 6:30 PM
Replies (31-40):
charleyd68
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

That is actually not a surprised. The people supporting Zimmerman would say that it's pressure! As with what you all said before, time and time again, WE HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE! Riots, really the neo-nazis are posted up, waiting to shoot some one! Worse yet your a  "mom" and you feel Trayvon's death was justified! That;s another trait of Zimmerman's supporters!

Quoting DaisyMay9876:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

I am not about to speculate on what they may have, or not have, in regards to the charges.  It appears that they feel they have what is needed.  

No doubt we will all 'try' this case ourselves, more than once, before this is over.  We already have. lol  Numerous times.

The fact that charges have indeed been brought against Zimmerman is the first step in a very long ordeal.  But it is indeed a good, first step.

I don't care for Sharpton but I do agree with what he just said...........public opinion, outcry, etc., did not bring about these charges.  The outcry did, however, bring another look upon the case.

I also agree with what he just said.  This is not a victory, no gloating.  His parents and family are still mourning.  This is, however, a good first step in the direction this needed to go.

How my heart still hurts for that family.

Oh bullcrap!!  They brought charges because they were afraid of riots. Corey is pandering to the masses.  She is not going to be able to prove her case.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting GOBryan:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting GOBryan:

It's too early to determine whether it'll hold water or not. From what I've heard, there's no eye witness that saw the complete altercation or heard the complete altercation, so at this point, the only one that knows everything that happened is Zimmerman. 

Also, there is likely going to be a change of venue,so it will likely not be tried in Central Florida. 

This may very well be the case.  The fact is, we do not know.  None of us.  We only know what we have been spoon fed.

I would think, considering the charges and well, just due to common sense, that there are aspects of this case we, the public, are not privy to.  Not every thing has been 'leaked' out.  Which direction that may point towards, we haven't a clue.

I just want every thing done properly from here on out.  The fact that the Stanford police had no plans to arrest him from the get go speaks volumes to me.  I could not trust a police department that was so willing to easily dismiss an obvious crime.  But like I was saying, I hope every thing is handled properly, from both sides.  Zimmerman still has rights and they should be adhered to. Just as the rights of the victim should be.

The reason the Sanford PD didn't arrest him is because Zimmerman's version likely sounded viable to them and held up with the "Stand your Ground" rule.  Remember, "Innocent until proven Guilty."  Even if they had arrested him, judge or Prosecutor may have not pressed charges and they would have let him walk. The problem here is that they have to be very careful because to arrest him could have actually damaged the case, without sufficient evidence. They have to be careful due to double jeopardy. You only arrest when the Prosecutor feels they have something to hold on to and sometimes, even that way they grasp at straws. 

With Casey Anthony, the Prosecution screwed up and now she has imunity even if she were to say that she killed her daughter. She can no longer be tried for that same case. 

I do not disagree with you.  Like I said, I hope things are handled properly.  

My feelings regarding the Standford Police still stands.  I understand they took his word for it, using the SYG law as a 'defense'.  However, they dismissed the idea from the get go.  They certainly did not investigate properly.  

Overall, I am glad things the way they have.  It brought us to where he should be, arrested and charged with 2nd degree murder. 

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." ~ Maya Angelou

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting GOBryan:

It's too early to determine whether it'll hold water or not. From what I've heard, there's no eye witness that saw the complete altercation or heard the complete altercation, so at this point, the only one that knows everything that happened is Zimmerman. 

Also, there is likely going to be a change of venue,so it will likely not be tried in Central Florida. 

The entire event was very short- there is the intitial 911 tape and transcript where GZ was told that he did not need to pursue and the EMS was activated. There is also the audio witness (heard but did not see the event) and her 911 call, complete with screaming and voices + the gun shot. Lastly there is the GFs account and phone records to confirm timing.

Short time frame and 3 different people who can provided info.

Should be very easy to piece together.

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:34 PM

That is a very real outcome, and people will have to be able to deal! People tend to expect the worse in situations like this. The cries were for justice to prevail! He got arrested, now it's up to Angela Corey! She doesn't seem like a bow to the pressure kinda lady! I think the worse is over!

Quoting AMBG825:

My concern is what will happen if he is acquitted?

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:37 PM

That has to go to what they know, that we don't know!

Quoting PestPatti:

Can they prove depraved indifference to human life, I dont know.   I thought manslaughter, it would seem to fit more than murder.   

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:40 PM

A change of venue is, in my opinion, not only warranted, but necessary!

Quoting GOBryan:

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting smalltowngal:

I think it depends on injuries. If Zimmerman didn't have any significant injuries than I think it will be hard for him to claim self defense.

I heard today in a CNN interview that the time from  being taken into custody at the crime scene, until reaching the police station a 15 minute ride away, was under 1 hour's time....so not stop at the ER for trauma care, broken nose or bashed skull assessment and treatment. No time for a bath or clothing change.

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

They always wanted justice to prevail!

Quoting smalltowngal:

I was just listening to Fox News and they were sounding pretty sympathetic to Martin's family. Repeatedly saying that all Martin's family was for Zimmerman to be arrested and justice to take it's course. I didn't listen to them at all in the beginning but I was expecting them to attack the decision to have him arrested and they didn't.

Happymamax2
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this
My guess is they have plenty to charge him that high. There would be nothing for them to gain, and everything to lose, by charging him and not having a good case. Think Casey Anthony, they dont want an acquittal on their hands.... They think people are up in arms now....
charleyd68
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:45 PM

You know why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoting stacymomof2:

Why in the world would you say something like that?  He DID shoot the kid you know.  Even he admits it. The kid was supposed to be in the neighborhood. he wasn't armed. So why does it seem odd that they brought these charges?  They seem to be accurate.

Quoting DaisyMay9876:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

I am not about to speculate on what they may have, or not have, in regards to the charges.  It appears that they feel they have what is needed.  

No doubt we will all 'try' this case ourselves, more than once, before this is over.  We already have. lol  Numerous times.

The fact that charges have indeed been brought against Zimmerman is the first step in a very long ordeal.  But it is indeed a good, first step.

I don't care for Sharpton but I do agree with what he just said...........public opinion, outcry, etc., did not bring about these charges.  The outcry did, however, bring another look upon the case.

I also agree with what he just said.  This is not a victory, no gloating.  His parents and family are still mourning.  This is, however, a good first step in the direction this needed to go.

How my heart still hurts for that family.

Oh bullcrap!!  They brought charges because they were afraid of riots. Corey is pandering to the masses.  She is not going to be able to prove her case.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN