Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Charles Manson’s ‘son’ wants DNA test

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 8:27 AM
  • 38 Replies

Poll

Question: If Charles Manson was your father, would you want to know?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 67

View Results

I can understand wanting to know where you came from, but I can't say I'd want to know that I was related to Charles Manson. 

Charles Manson's ‘son' wants DNA test

By Eric Pfeiffer

Charles Manson, 77, will likely never step foot outside of prison. But he may have fathered a son before being put behind bars.

Matthew Roberts, 44, says he believes Manson fathered him during a sexual orgy. Roberts was born in Chicago in 1968 and adopted as an infant. He also bears a striking resemblance to the notorious former cult leader. Manson was convicted in 1969 for the murder of seven people, including actress Sharon Tate and her unborn child.

After Roberts tracked down his birth mother in 1998, the woman told Roberts she believes Manson is his biological father.

"It's more than just possible, but probable," Roberts told CNN. Roberts said he's tried to get a DNA test from Manson to put the question to rest but that the obtained sample was contaminated.

Along with his similar physical appearance, Roberts says he shares other character traits with Manson, including practicing a vegetarian diet. He's also an aspiring musician, as was Manson, who recorded several songs before and after being incarcerated. And in perhaps a direct reference to Manson's personality, he told CNN's Miguel Marquez "I know what goes on in my head."

This isn't the first time Roberts has received media attention for his alleged biological connection to the man who is arguably America's most notorious living killer. In a 2010 interview with Details magazine, Roberts said he suffers from disturbing night terrors.

"Sometimes I wake up covered in spiders," he said at the time. "Just hellish stuff. Movie-nightmare stuff. Some of it I won't even tell you, I won't even describe." 

Nonetheless, Roberts tells CNN that if Manson is his father, he'd like to meet him before it's too late.

"If he is my father, then it would be nice to have laid eyes on him and been person to person with him once in my lifetime," Roberts said.  

by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 8:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
_Bama_
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 8:47 AM

I watched that interview yesterday... He is that mans father... Hes a dead ringer...):  I dont think I would want to know that... but thats the chances you take when you start to look into the past. Lots of skeletons can come tumbling out of closets..

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:07 AM

I would rather know for certain than wonder forever.

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:09 AM

tiffyhamm
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:18 AM

I would want to know.  It would bug me not knowing.  

JazzyMommyx3
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

yep.

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

I would rather know for certain than wonder forever.

IhartU
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:18 AM
2 moms liked this

I want to know who his mother is...

littlelimom
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:23 AM

I wouldn't want to know. The article doesn't say, but is Charles Manson refusing the DNA test?

rocketracer
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

andiemomo3
by Andie on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:33 AM
As an adoptee, I always wanted to know who my birth parents were. When you don't know where you came from, sometimes finding out where you came from is extremely important. Just because Manson is his father, doesn't mean he (the son) will have all or even some of the characteristics. Though, chances are, if they share genetics, they would have some similarities. A lot of what we are is how and who we are raised with. Life circumstances.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I would want to know but I highly doubt I would want to meet him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured