Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does noise bother you?

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:43 AM
  • 65 Replies
2 moms liked this

Right now there is hubby watching Dick Van Dyke, the kids watching funniest home videos on netflix, the chatter, the little one singing to himself and playing with blocks and the damn oxygen concentrator! 

Calgon!!!!!

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizmarie1975
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:46 AM
2 moms liked this

Towards the end of the evening, it does. Each of the kids is doing their thing and they make noise (they're 6, 2 and 8 months) and DH feels the need to turn the tv up so he can drown them out completely. Ugh. After the kids go to bed, it would be my preference to turn the tv volume down to something lik 7 but apparently DH cannot hear it unless it's on 10 or above.

If I truly cannot take it anymore I call quits to our watching the DVRed programs and send him down to his mancave so I can get some silence.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Noise does not bother me unless I'm tired

katzmeow726
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Depends on what the noise is, when it is" and how I am feeling lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Lol! Most of the time, no. But, there DOES come a time, I just have to disappear in the bathroom after DH gets home! Dick Van Dyke! Good show! : )

survivorinohio
by René on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Noise does not bother me unless I'm tired

Yes, contributing factors..  Stress, fatigue, pain level, how clean the house is, all these things matter to me lol.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

ReginaStar
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm use to it. I tune it out.

jshalas89
by Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes I get anxiety
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
survivorinohio
by René on Apr. 12, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Towards the end of the evening, it does. Each of the kids is doing their thing and they make noise (they're 6, 2 and 8 months) and DH feels the need to turn the tv up so he can drown them out completely. Ugh. After the kids go to bed, it would be my preference to turn the tv volume down to something lik 7 but apparently DH cannot hear it unless it's on 10 or above.

If I truly cannot take it anymore I call quits to our watching the DVRed programs and send him down to his mancave so I can get some silence.

My hubby also likes it loud.

muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Depends. Sometimes Im ok with it, other times I am not. Depends on how tired I am, etc.

eema.gray
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:09 AM

That much noise would drive me MAD.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured