Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Obama Calls Kanye West 'Jackass' Again

Posted: 04/12/2012 10:33 am Updated: 04/12/2012 2:00 pm

Obamakanye

More than two years after President Obama skewered Kanye West for stealing Taylor Swift's thunder, he's still calling the rapper a "jackass."

In the May issue of The Atlantic, the president says he prefers Jay-Z over Kanye:

“Although I like Kanye,” Obama continues, with an easy smile. “He’s a Chicago guy. Smart. He’s very talented.” He is displaying his larger awareness of the question, looking relaxed, cerebral but friendly, alive to the moment, waiting for me to get to the heart of the matter.

“Even though you called him a jackass?,” I ask.

“He is a jackass,” Obama says, in his likable and perfectly balanced modern-professorial voice. “But he’s talented.”

When Kanye interrupted Swift's acceptance speech at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards, Obama called him a "jackass" in a CNBC interview.

"I thought that was really inappropriate. You know it was like she's getting an award -- why are you butting in?" he said. "The young lady seems like a perfectly nice person. She's getting her award. What's he doing up there? He's a jackass."

by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 4:58 PM
Replies (51-60):
survivorinohio
by René on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Your wish is my command :)

Quoting punky3175:

Ok - I wish I'd seen him get Punkd. He is talented but he's not as talented as he thinks he is.

Quoting survivorinohio:

I agree with the President.  Kanye is a talented Jack ass.

I watched him get Punkd and he was a Jackass then too.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

singlemom1208
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:42 AM
Why is the president commenting on our entertainers. I understand he's human and all, but sheesh, we have bigger problems.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singlemom1208
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:44 AM
He's such a tool bag.

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting punky3175:

Ok - I wish I'd seen him get Punkd. He is talented but he's not as talented as he thinks he is.

Quoting survivorinohio:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
manifer_momma
by Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:45 AM
I agree with our president:b
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tanya93
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:04 AM

And I had never heard of him until that event was on the news.

You are quite blind to another segment of society if you think she wasn't famous before this.

Quoting Citygirlk:

yeah huh lol. i can name at least 10 people who had no clue who she was until that incident. anyways im not justifying what he did and he is a jackass like the president said but a talented jackass.

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

Quoting Citygirlk:

hes an idiot but hey he did make her famous lol. 

Quoting Woodbabe:

And the Jackass in him just couldn't wait till a more appropriate time to say it out loud.....

Quoting Citygirlk:

i like that too it makes him more real. and the only reason i think he went off on taylor swift is cause his mom just died and was drunk ( not making any accuses for him) but come on werent we all thinking the same thing when she won that award, he just had the guts to say it out loud lol.

Quoting rliperote2:

I like how he says what he thinks doesn't hide behInd a publicist

He didn't make her famous, she accomplished that on her own.

punky3175
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks for finding that. Looks like he wasn't an ass about getting Punkd - he was an ass when he thought it was real and has no respect for authority.

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting punky3175:

Quoting survivorinohio:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
survivorinohio
by René on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Pretty much.

Quoting punky3175:

Thanks for finding that. Looks like he wasn't an ass about getting Punkd - he was an ass when he thought it was real and has no respect for authority.

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting punky3175:

Quoting survivorinohio:

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

momma2bubbas
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 11:08 AM

lol . love it and it is true.

xo.MommyW.xo
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Well its true. Hes a talented arrogant jackass lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xo.MommyW.xo
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 11:12 AM
I agree she was already very sucessful in her genre... He just exposed her to his genre... In turn finding her more fans!

Quoting Tanya93:

And I had never heard of him until that event was on the news.

You are quite blind to another segment of society if you think she wasn't famous before this.

Quoting Citygirlk:

yeah huh lol. i can name at least 10 people who had no clue who she was until that incident. anyways im not justifying what he did and he is a jackass like the president said but a talented jackass.

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

Quoting Citygirlk:

hes an idiot but hey he did make her famous lol. 

Quoting Woodbabe:

And the Jackass in him just couldn't wait till a more appropriate time to say it out loud.....

Quoting Citygirlk:

i like that too it makes him more real. and the only reason i think he went off on taylor swift is cause his mom just died and was drunk ( not making any accuses for him) but come on werent we all thinking the same thing when she won that award, he just had the guts to say it out loud lol.

Quoting rliperote2:

I like how he says what he thinks doesn't hide behInd a publicist

He didn't make her famous, she accomplished that on her own.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN