Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

My Mom & I Haven't had the Best of Relationship..& I Just Found Out...

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:33 PM
  • 41 Replies
Thats when she was diagnosed with Lung Cancer last May. I visited her last June. I constantly kept in touch, sent pkgs. Worried, knowing she was going to die. My sis died of breast cancer at 42, then my dad of lung cancer lived 1yr. Even though my mom & I have never gotten along. She was one of those cold, never saying she loved you type. Well I just found she doesnt have cancer. She's also the type that wouldnt tell you if she didnt have cancer or tell you she did just for attention. Letting you worry. Why would a mother do that? I worried, cried for almost a whole yr.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PurdueMom
by Sherri on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:43 PM

I'm so sorry that happened.  How awful for you!

heidimoose134
by Momma Moose on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:46 PM

So sorry you had to go through that! I can't even imagine... :-(

mm_mom515
by Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:50 PM

wow, I don't know why someone would do that.  Thats sad that she needs to have that kind of attention.

survivorinohio
by René on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:50 PM

My father told me he had cancer at least 3 times.  Unfortunately the last time it was true.  I made him show me his mri results before I believed him.

I'm sorry you are going through this.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

MyJaidon
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:50 PM
My mother says things like that to me and my siblings sometimes to make us feel guilty or for attention. She's suddenly sick everytime we fall out about something :-/. I still love her to pieces though, she is my mom. I feel your pain and I hope y'alls relationship gets better for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:38 AM
Yeah, I was always envious of ppl that had that loving mom. Its wierd my reaction to what I learned today, wasnt that of happiness or relief. This sounds awful, I think I could handle her dying then alive. Not good I know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:38 AM
Quoting Naturewoman4:

Well I just found she doesnt have cancer.

There are some medical conditions where the initial test will only tell you "We think it is 80% certain you have condition X", and you have to wait quite a while to either get confirmation, or to find out that you're lucky and dodged the bullet.

Is it possible this is the situation here, or is it definite that she deliberately deceived you?

mitchiesgirl
by Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:41 AM
Wow. That's awful. My mom and I don't get along but I can't imagine she would ever tell me she had an illness when in fact she was fine. So sorry you had to go through all that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 4:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow...I have no idea.  She deceived you on purpose? 

thehickinhickor
by Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 4:40 AM
because she sick in the head ! my bio mother is like that took me a long time to see what was the truth and what was a lie
my bio mom as a pattern if someone in.the family gets sick or if someone had something good happen to them she'll make herself sick it's really dramatic
my bio mom as bipolar and munchausen by proxy .but the person she use to make sick is no longer a round *me* so she just as munchausen's now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)