Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

EXCELLENT EXAMPLE OF BLACK RACISM!

Posted by   + Show Post

A friend sent a video to me that she thought I'd be interested in, and to say the least I am!

This I heard about it before and am appalled. There's no justification and should never be acceptable in our society. Call it  fair and equal down the line,I don't shy away nor support these actions! I want to clarify somethings. You people(in general, and some who know who they are) I posted after it was sent to me to prove a few things. Everybody has their own perspective and what happened in this video will be interpreted a million ways. The Title is to draw attention to the repliers. I know that every race has racists, and crime happens all the time. People have boo hoo'd since some much was made of the death of an unarmed teen. Unfortunately, people saw his color and tried to make his death justified. People made the statement more then once that black people don't care if a victim is white. This post and Title is to shed light. Crime is all around, and we, I do care and if it's a hate crime that's worse. But as I figured in this video many saw color, not a helpless,innocent victim just color! IMO, this is a pack attack,these cowards find themselves in situations like the one in the video,and like a pack they attacked, not because he's white,because he was alone and out of his element. People like the pack in this video have this MO, whether your white, black, purple or orange if they think it, they will do it. Again I don't condone any action that these clowns did. But I've seen it enough to know they will victimize anyone at the right time or right place, anyone. If your outraged, good I am outraged and ashamed of the human race, and I care! Period

In my Opininon No Disrespect

by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:43 AM
Replies (161-170):
survivorinohio
by René on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Crandi:

"Your choice of words is my issue. I will defer to what Charley said.

And, noone is defending anyone."

If it's my "choice of words" you have an issue with, seems to me that would be your problem, not mine. 

As long as you feel entitled to use whatever words pop into your head without considering how they will impact others then I guess I revert to my first statement to you.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

Crandi
by Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:30 AM

As long as you feel entitled to use whatever words pop into your head without considering how they will impact others then I guess I revert to my first statement to you

Of course I feel entitled to use whatever words pop into my head.  I live in America, thank God.  If overly sensitive people feel my words have an impact on them, I would say they need to examine what is going in their own lives and why other people's views or choice of words have such an effect on them.  

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:33 AM

According to you. Like I said at the beginning, I don't need a following. Discussions are meant to shed light on different perceptions and offer other views. If a person is happy that a incident occurred by black people on a white person because it verified their bias views then NO THEY DO CARE ABOUT SAID VICTIM,JUST THE PULPIT! While your reading bits and pieces of what I posted, 1, I posted this because I wanted to prove my words in every race related post. That every race has good, bad and ugly! And not be a hypocrite in believing my race is the only one that suffered, or not posting  this or waiting for those bias Moms to post it!2 However as I looked,it turn out to be a very pedestrian action, a horrible one, but hardly the first or last. 3 If they were motivated by race, it clearly isn't a hatred, it's a weakness perceived by blacks, the same perspective you get when your followed around a store, or some one of a different color crosses the street to avoid a black person. If they beat him because he was white, white folks reinforce almost daily their "fright" of "thugs" ! 4 Also, I am not the only one seeing it as a pack, and wasn't the first to say it. I give my opinion I don't force it, no matter what you say! 5, The one Mom I said was ignorant, it was because she felt people were ganging her and assumed no one was listening! For the last time, this can be interpreted a million ways, I said and maintain, if you are only interested in the victim's plight to point a finger to say hey your racist too, not just us, or your more racist, that's not thinking of him at all! While you point fingers, I apologized to her as well! Every thing I said Is my opinion!

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Precisely, hun, you deemed people who don't share your view of the sitation to be "less concerned" than you about the violence just because they happen to also see race.  But anybody who said race wasn't involved in the Martin tragedy, again counter to your views, you deemed to be less concerned than you about the injustice, as well.  So anybody who doesn't share your views on a violent situation can't possibly be as concerned as you are about the violence, itself, according to you. 

Quoting charleyd68:

I didn't call anybody on this thread a racist!  I said why some one's motives maybe less the a concern about how violence is participated in this case and every case! I said if many times, and I still assert that everyone and anyone has a right to their opinions and a right to express them, your issue? If you look on the first page of this thread, or the mom that talked of bullying, then you'll learn something!

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

And you dont know that they didnt go after him because of his race. Again, my issue with the thread is your attempt to cast anyone who thinks they did as being racist and not caring about rhe victim.

Quoting charleyd68:

I said see through others eyes, and I see how it is a black on white crime, I see how it is racists. However, More then anything else, I know this and worse happens everyday. I am merely speculating on what was the motive. What do you see when you see this from start to finish?  I said if you see color, you look at it and point and say see, savages,that's how they are, that, that is vindication of the stereotypes. I am not changing any body's opinion, nor am I pushing anyone to agree with me. The one Mom that I reference ignorance to, was not her opinion, it was that she felt she was picked on and refused to listen to a different perspective. I listen and comment and let the chips fall. One mom is right, take race out, then what do you see. There is , whether agreed upon or not,a difference between seeing a easy mark and seeing a criminal because of their clothes and mannerism!

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

*BLINK* you are essentially saying through this thread that anybody who doesn't share you assessment is wrong and doesnt care about the victims of they perceive race as a possible motive for the crime.. how is that you being open and seeing through others eyes?

Quoting charleyd68:

I only made you to be a Mom I was conversing with, I am not saying  anything in a adversarial way. If I  offended you, I am sorry. Ignorant is a state of mind,on this subject,you were closed off,that's what that translates to. As I said You have a right to your opinion and expressing it. I thought we were discussing the video, which I stated  and a explanation in the revised OP. Anyone set in their ways and wont look through another's eyes, figuratively is unwilling to learn. Again I apologize, offending you wasn't my intent!

Quoting tydyco:

No matter what I say, you're goin to make me out to be racist bx I do not have the same opinion as you do. Good day!

Quoting charleyd68:

Ignorance and a unwillingness to listen and or learn make you wrong. Not with your opinion,with your assumption.  A discussion of race is the issue so Trayvon does pertain. That statement, that had the victim been black etc, is wrong if you see color at all,how can you help that victim or future ones? He was targeted, rather spur of the moment, not profiled. Jackals took his tipsy look and behaviour for weakness and did what violent mobs do. As a Mom pointed out, as did I, he was hit because he didn't want his watch stolen. Pack mentality beats up, embarrass and humiliate! And Like most mob effected situation they didn't care who he was, who saw them or that they were committing a crime! I have seen enough to now that when a mob mentality is in effect white, brown, purple and polka dot dont matter, they zero in on the weakest, I seen them turn on each other, and get really funky when drugs and or alcohol is in the mix!

Quoting tydyco:

Trayvon Martin has nothin to do w this story, why is it brought up in every post...? A bunch of people didn't attack that boy while everyone stood by and video taped it. What happened in that case is tragic but has nothing whatsoever to do with this. A case like that does not make a video like this excusable. What I'm saying is that if Trayvon wasn't shot and it was something like this that happened, there would still have been marches and protests and it would have been blamed on race and "profiling". It's ok to disagree w me and my opinions, but it doesnt make me wrong.

Quoting charleyd68:

And that's what the debate is all about! If this is a crime precipitated by race,why is it so hard to see Trayvon Martin was profiled! Also, clearly to you is not clearly to all. You have a right to express and have your opinions! But, I believe it was done because he was out of place and vulnerable. The pack mentality kicked in and a bunch of useless cowards picked on whom they perceived to be weak! And that happens everyday regardless of race!

Quoting tydyco:

If that had been one black man being attacked by a bunch of white people, there would be no question whether it was race or mob mentality...THIS IS CLEARLY A HATE CRIME!! By anyones definition!!!

survivorinohio
by René on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Free speech comes with a lot of responsibility, I am sorry you fail to see that.

Quoting Crandi:

As long as you feel entitled to use whatever words pop into your head without considering how they will impact others then I guess I revert to my first statement to you

Of course I feel entitled to use whatever words pop into my head.  I live in America, thank God.  If overly sensitive people feel my words have an impact on them, I would say they need to examine what is going in their own lives and why other people's views or choice of words have such an effect on them.  

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

ReginaStar
by Gold Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Quoting charleyd68:

That is your impression and you are welcomed to it. I 'm of a different opinion and neither  one takes away from the horrendous actions of a group of cowards. I am sick of a color divide that exist if your talking to like minded people. While you chit-chat about this man's ordeal, and only see black on white, you don't genuinely care about the victim at all!  Just the opportunity to point and say, see this is what THEY ARE LIKE, OR ABOUT OR SAVAGES! I see a man victimize for no reason, there is no good reason for what happened to him, and he is the victim  that I care about. What ever race he is doesn't lesson his pain and terror. Or make it better or worse, regardless of people championing him for their own agendas. As long as it's about race and not fellow humans, we FAIL him and anyone else victimized by crime and cowardly bullies!

Quoting ReginaStar:

I seen this on another site.

I feel it was very racially motivated. I think he was very much target cause he was a white dude among black dudes and no one was around. Although it could have happened to anyone of any color I don't doubt for a sec his skin is what caught the attention of the people around him and left him as a easy target.

Wow Savages really. So just b/c I feel this man was attacked b/c of his race that means I think my husband and children are savages?

Firstly I am a Travon supporter and most certainly see that is not only a case of personal racism but also institutional racism. Thinks for prejudging me based on me seeing the racism in BOTH cases. Denying race had no part in this case is no better then the folks denying race had a part in Travons case. If you can see the racism in either you should be able to see it in both, otherwise IMO your looked through a biased pair of classes.

Jaliyah  My video here

ReginaStar
by Gold Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Quoting charleyd68:

Which wouldn't have been an issue, if anyone around watching had of stepped up to put a end to it! But since it's about color to you, what difference does that make? Had anyone watch that man get embarrassed, you may have seen the typical behaviours of bullies. When the victim went to retrieve his watch, that's when  the bully punched him for the first time, Before that it was ignorant taunts and idiot behaviour! The attacker was emboldened  by jackasses around him that cheered his pathetic behaviour,bully!

Quoting ReginaStar:

OP you said that the "pack" perceived him as week and your right they did. But they saw him as week for one reason. He was white dude in area where their wasn't other white dudes.

You clearly have a biases.

Jaliyah  My video here

Paperfishies
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Every person in that video that puts their hands on him deserves to be executed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charleyd68
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:52 AM

That's funny,hun if the OP is read it is pretty much a lock! If you want to continue to say misrepresenting, go  a head, as you said, people can't read my mind, so I care very little of your misinterpreting my intent, it's right there in the OP. And invitation to discuss race, simple, and different opinion, simple Other then you people have been adult about it,voiced their opinion, read others and debated. If a person only care that this crime proved them right or gave them justification and ugly thoughts toward black folks, you don't care about the victim. There are Titles on posts all the time, to get people to look at the post, and then the message is made clear. I damn sure not apologizing to you or anyone for wanting to discuss the elephant in the room. Some people want to believe it's a thing of the past, or that one race makes it about themselves, a fact to the need to share and discuss! No matter how many times you try to put words in my mouth or change my motives, the answers will remain the same. As long as one person wants to discuss it, it will be there. Don't try to make me into the bias one, read into what you will, that's how communications get jumbled! And Hatred keeps growing!

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

I did read your words, hun, that is how I know you admitted to deliberately using the subject line to get certian people to respond.  The problem you can't seem to understand is that most people read a subject line, watch the video, RESPOND, and then might go back to read the whole thread -- so your misleading title being a misrepresentation of your position isn't going to be caught until they have already responded.  So getting pissy because people read your title and take it at face value is just ridiculous.  YOU misrepresented your position, did so deliberately, so being "tired" of having to explain is your own fault. 

Quoting charleyd68:

But you can for NOT reading the words!

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

You are sick of having to explain that you did not actually mean what you said in your subject line, that you only said it to get people into your thread? Um, too bad, that was your choice, you cant fault others for not reading your mind.

Quoting charleyd68:

That's a bull shit generalization. I invited people to discuss, BTW, I am sick of explaining half my posts to people, I don't care if people agree with me, if you think the motive was race, great How do we fix? If People on here and in world wish to stay divided, so be it. Racism exist in every race, in the year of 2012, we still haven't conquered it. Feeling it was race, to be a fucking martyr makes things worse. Thinking it's race and genuine caring, is one thing, to use what happen to him to justify that racism  comes from blacks is a sick and twisted thing! I am not jumping on anyone, if you bothered to read, I admit that a true racist wouldn't care about a discussion at all, the ones with questions, and perceptions that want to answer are who I tried to reach, so go head with that other mess!

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Yes but your opinion that mob mentality is the motivator does not make it wrong, or racist, for someone else the hold theopinion that it wouldn't have happened if the victim hadn't been white. Some of you seem to think that merely mentioning race somehow diminshes the crime. You deliberately, and admittedly, baited your thread to try to "catch" racists only you define that as being anyone who doesn't share your view that race played no part.

Quoting charleyd68:

I am not trivializing anything. I've seen ugly, drunken ignorant mobs up close and personal, as I Looked at that footage I saw the same thing in every pack group beat down. His race may or may not be the issue, I don't think like these jackasses, I do however believe their is a difference between profiling and targeting! I opened a dialogue with a Title I knew certain Mothers here would gleefully join in. His being white doesn't lesson his vulnerability,they viewed him as weak! The whole crime was hideous!

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

So it is okay for race to be presented as a reason for the Martin tragedy but those presenting race as a reason flr what happened in this video are trivializing the victim? How does that make sense?

Quoting charleyd68:

Because of the tone on CM since Trayvon Martin was murdered,some Ladies here have shown their true colors. I had Heard of this mugging before,then the video was IM'D to me, and because I had a lot of posts about the murder of a 17 year old,I watched this and thought I'd get people talking,  instead of snipping. When I saw It I thought reverse racism, but the more I saw the  more I realized that this was a pack mugging and the victim was targeted because he was perceived as week. Packs like animals try to one up each other and that's what I saw. We all know that this happens a lot and most often it's the same race. But I invited these Ladies to discuss the differences.

Quoting Iconoclast:

Can someone break down the video for me I am not really one to purposely watch ANYONE be attacked and watch humans act like animals.  And if you don't mind how does it figure into the OP.  Is this video "proof" that a certain race can be hateful to another??

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Agreed by a 1000!

Quoting nysa76:

I hope that man can get some justice.  No one deserves that.  And everyone who just stood around and did nothing are just as horrible as those who did the attacking.

ReginaStar
by Gold Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Quoting Iconoclast:

Quoting ReginaStar:

I seen this on another site.

I feel it was very racially motivated. I think he was very much target cause he was a white dude among black dudes and no one was around. Although it could have happened to anyone of any color I don't doubt for a sec his skin is what caught the attention of the people around him and left him as a easy target.

Once again I ask what makes you think that because people share a common complexion they will be spared from the attack by a mob? What makes you think that their actions will take on some Christ-like caring tone because of that skin tone?? Or are you just wishfully thinking so because then it aptly demonizes black people in the way you already see them?

It's not about not being attacked b/c of color it's about being attacked b/c of color. Clear difference. He is not the first nor will he be the last. A white man in a all black setting sets up as being a possible victim just the same a black man in an all white setting sets him up as being a possible victim. We still sadly live in a world where race matters and race makes you a target for hate crimes.

How is you think I see black people? People like my children, my husband, my sister in law and brother in law, some of my best friends, my sistah circle women I visit with quarterly? There is both white and black people who have issues with people of different races aswell as Hispanics and asians. I've been the only white person in all black settings time and time again I had no issues. I am welcomed but I've also found myself experiencing things like having my car kicked for no other reason the practical reason I was white in black neighborhood stopped a stop sign. Race attacks happen everyday by white, black, asian, Hispanic, etc. people. 

Jaliyah  My video here

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN