Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
So sitting in McDonald's today before going to work. Across from me is a lady with two boys. Different ages ranging from4-8. She is screaming and threatening these boys. All because the one wanted ketchup and then didn't. (typical kid). So then she proceeds to throw away her food and leave the restaurant. Her two kids are still sitting there. They pack there food up and follow her out minutes later... So I'm sitting here wondering if that's how she is in public... What do those poor kids go thru at home?! Now for those people who are totally against abortion.. Can I hear yor thoughts of this please? Is aborting that child really worse than then living in this senario in which they'll never really have a chance of life or a life of love at that? Yeah theres a slim percent that they will break away and be a normal person. But most the time the kids growing up in this behavior learn to live that wAy or end up with anger issues, drug problems, .. Etc. how would you personally handle this? And how can u not believe that the women should have aborted? Cause obviously she didn't abopt.. Really just curious on anti abortion thought.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Replies (121-124):
Gusandruca
by New Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:08 PM
Are you really suggesting that these innocent, precious children should have been "terminated" and not given a chance at life all because they have a shithead mother?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Apr. 17, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Pro-choice advocates often don't support choice in many other issues... such as school choice, seatbelts, gun rights, insurance, etc... and getting more in depth, governmental regulations on businesses.    So, the "pro-choice" term isn't really "correct" either... they're pro-choice when it comes to this one issue: whether or not abortion should be legal.    Everything else will vary from person to person... just as with Pro-life advocates, their views on the death penalty, war, etc... will vary.  

Also, I think it's very incorrect to say that pro-choice advocates are the ONLY ones working to help the issue is other ways.   Both sides have their share of loud, opinionated advocates, sit on the sidelines and complain advocates and active in the community to make a difference advocates.  

So, I don't think that "anti-abortion" is more "correct" than "pro-abortion".   It's about the legality of abortion, and if you're in favor of it being legal, you are pro-abortion.   I suppose you can be pro-choice, as well as pro-abortion.   Goodness know I'm pro-choice... I certainly don't think women should be forced to become pregnant or to terminate a pregnancy, I think it should 100% be their choice.   I just think that choice needs to occur BEFORE conception, not after.    So, pro-choice, anti-abortion.    In the end, we're all in favor of choice AND life... we just have different views on what the definitions of those terms are. 

Quoting LindaClement:

I had fun with a pro-life display at a trade show once. Apropos of nothing at all, I pointed out a fruit fly on the table. The woman I pointed it out to squished it with her finger. I said 'so you're not pro ALL life?'

And walked away laughing.

You're right: pro-life folks are not lobbying to ban antibiotics, or to stop cancer treatment. They make no comment on outlawing the death penalty, nor of gun control (or any other measure that might succeed in lowering the US's astonishingly high murder rate)... so their chosen terminology is not more accurate. It is, in fact, simply accurate that they are anti-abortion, and their activism most often stops right there. As long as the fetus is left to develop, they don't seem to much care what happens after --or to whom. 

Pro-choice activists have a broader view of the issue, being active in promoting access to birth control, accurate medical and scientific sex education, women's rights and freedoms (outlawing things like congigal rape) AND access to safe, sterile abortion when a woman chooses that (for whatever reasons she chooses it). So 'pro-abortion' isn't an accurate term, in the context.

I can't speak to why none of the myriad people replying didn't comment on that.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
LoveMyDog
by Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Did you ever think that the overwhelming disrespect for women and children allows this situation to exist?  Maybe this mom is thinking if I hadn't given up my career to spend my days with these ungrateful little shits then I would be somewhere by now? 

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Apr. 17, 2012 at 7:35 PM

I don't agree about the 'before conception' part for two reasons:

~ incest victims, sexual abuse victims and rape victims have no choice in the matter (and they should not be further assaulted or abused by a system that stands in the way of easy access, and by that I mean they should have free and easy access to abortion services if they want them, without having to prove anything to anyone under any circumstances. They have suffered sufficiently, period.)

~ pregnancy remains a seriously life-threatening proposition and not all women that is true for will know until after they become pregnant. Anything that endangers their lives, especially for something so irrelevant as someone else's opinion, is completely wrong.

Beyond that: I believe it is the woman's body first. She is not a uterus on legs, and her primary reason for existence is not to populate the species. When the 'unexpected' happens (and it happens for a LOT of reasons, many that have nothing at all to do with being stupid, slutty or cavalier about other people's lives), none of that is reversed. She remains a woman first whose primary purpose of existence is not to populate the species.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Pro-choice advocates often don't support choice in many other issues... such as school choice, seatbelts, gun rights, insurance, etc... and getting more in depth, governmental regulations on businesses.    So, the "pro-choice" term isn't really "correct" either... they're pro-choice when it comes to this one issue: whether or not abortion should be legal.    Everything else will vary from person to person... just as with Pro-life advocates, their views on the death penalty, war, etc... will vary.  

Also, I think it's very incorrect to say that pro-choice advocates are the ONLY ones working to help the issue is other ways.   Both sides have their share of loud, opinionated advocates, sit on the sidelines and complain advocates and active in the community to make a difference advocates.  

So, I don't think that "anti-abortion" is more "correct" than "pro-abortion".   It's about the legality of abortion, and if you're in favor of it being legal, you are pro-abortion.   I suppose you can be pro-choice, as well as pro-abortion.   Goodness know I'm pro-choice... I certainly don't think women should be forced to become pregnant or to terminate a pregnancy, I think it should 100% be their choice.   I just think that choice needs to occur BEFORE conception, not after.    So, pro-choice, anti-abortion.    In the end, we're all in favor of choice AND life... we just have different views on what the definitions of those terms are. 

Quoting LindaClement:

I had fun with a pro-life display at a trade show once. Apropos of nothing at all, I pointed out a fruit fly on the table. The woman I pointed it out to squished it with her finger. I said 'so you're not pro ALL life?'

And walked away laughing.

You're right: pro-life folks are not lobbying to ban antibiotics, or to stop cancer treatment. They make no comment on outlawing the death penalty, nor of gun control (or any other measure that might succeed in lowering the US's astonishingly high murder rate)... so their chosen terminology is not more accurate. It is, in fact, simply accurate that they are anti-abortion, and their activism most often stops right there. As long as the fetus is left to develop, they don't seem to much care what happens after --or to whom. 

Pro-choice activists have a broader view of the issue, being active in promoting access to birth control, accurate medical and scientific sex education, women's rights and freedoms (outlawing things like congigal rape) AND access to safe, sterile abortion when a woman chooses that (for whatever reasons she chooses it). So 'pro-abortion' isn't an accurate term, in the context.

I can't speak to why none of the myriad people replying didn't comment on that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN