Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Titanic Week....

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 5 Replies
Most of us saw the blockbuster hit with Kate Winslet and Leanardo Dicaprio back in 1996. Some of us were grown with children and some of us were not.

Well with the re release of Titanic in 3D the tv channels are FLOODED with everything Titanic. Hard to turn away from it. Rightfully so too. Yesterday was the anniversary of the "Unsinkable" ship, demise.

Well tonight as I'm waiting for my Sunday night line up of shows, missing Desperate Housewives of course since its on a break, and randomly decideing to watch the hour long Titanic part 4 story while I wait for GCB to start, I found myself disturbed more than anything.

In 1996 I was a teenager. The world ahead of me. Titanic took me by storm, mostly because I was still desperately crushing on one, Mr. Leonardo Dicaprio.

Today in 2012 I am almost 30, with a 2 year old and due in 2 weeks with my second child. A scene during the sinking of a women with her child struck a little too close to home.

Don't get me wrong I knew that men, women and children of all classes and ages died in that horrific accident. I knew that when we first learned about the famed Titanic in grade school, and again in 1996 when the movie came out, just as I'm dreadfully aware of it today.

But it hit me more tonight, more than it ever had in the past. I could never imagine dying next to my child in such a dreadful way. I could never imagine not being able to sooth and protect my child. I cried because the shear thought of it all with me and my child in their place terrified me to the core. I had to actually turn the channel to the news. I went into my sleeping sons room and just watched him sleep peacefully for about 10 mins. I then swept some hair from his forehead and kissed him gently.

Makes you keep hold of what truly matters in life. Not all the glamour in the world, or things that dazzle and sparkle. But the peaceful breathing of your sleeping toddler. The twilight in their eyes when they wake up in the morning with their big bright smiling faces. Knowing you will take care of their every need and keep them safe and happy. What matters is the love of your child, and not some "unsinkable" ship.

I hope I never have to experience suc an event as the Titanic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
momtimesx4
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Titanic mini-series was in 1996.
Titanic with Leo and gang was in 1997

Hoevegirl1986
by Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:03 AM
:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:03 AM

I couldn't imagine how those people felt.

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Life is too short.  Always remember to tell those you love how much you love them.  Never let a day go by.

ExquisiteMomof2
by April on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:07 AM
Thanks. This old noggin doesn't recall somethings as easy as it use to.

Quoting momtimesx4:

Titanic mini-series was in 1996.
Titanic with Leo and gang was in 1997

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN