Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

This is why water boarding should not be off limits.

Posted by   + Show Post
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 8:36 AM
Replies (21-30):
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Apr. 18, 2012 at 1:39 PM
I have to say I don't typically look at graphic pics but I stumbled across this one yesterday. It is graphic in that there are dead people, but it is not gory with body parts. You can't tell from the pic who is alive or dead. I think it is worth a look, fwiw.

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

I'm not going to look at a graphic picture that exploits tragedy and loss to bolster an argument that has been proven time and again to be flawed beyond repair.

Yuck.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pvtjokerus
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 7:47 PM

There are times when these type of deadly attacks can be prevented.  Not saying that this one could have been stopped one way or another.  But my point is....water up the nose goes a long way in preventing future attacks.

Quoting annas_momma:

And what does any of those pictures have to do with water boarding?

Yes, the picture is very sad but there is no connection at all

pvtjokerus
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 7:48 PM

The dead toddler is heartbreaking.

Quoting LauraKW:

I have to say I don't typically look at graphic pics but I stumbled across this one yesterday. It is graphic in that there are dead people, but it is not gory with body parts. You can't tell from the pic who is alive or dead. I think it is worth a look, fwiw.

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

I'm not going to look at a graphic picture that exploits tragedy and loss to bolster an argument that has been proven time and again to be flawed beyond repair.

Yuck.

survivorinohio
by René on Apr. 18, 2012 at 8:00 PM
2 moms liked this

Except when it doesnt which is most of the time..  I

ts disgusting to think that people are ok with torture.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

There are times when these type of deadly attacks can be prevented.  Not saying that this one could have been stopped one way or another.  But my point is....water up the nose goes a long way in preventing future attacks.

Quoting annas_momma:

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 8:07 PM
4 moms liked this

Torture is wrong and should never happen.  It makes us no better than the enemy.  Foucault (philosopher) wrote a book called, Discipline and Punish.  He talks about Damien's theory and how torturing people does not work.  He uses a lot of evidence to back up his point.  I am appalled by mothers advocating torture.

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Apr. 18, 2012 at 8:12 PM

True... in actuality, it makes the enemy more likely to attack. 

Quoting survivorinohio:

Except when it doesnt which is most of the time..  I

ts disgusting to think that people are ok with torture.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Quoting annas_momma:

_Kissy_
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 8:16 PM
5 moms liked this

Waterboarding didnt capture saddam and it didnt kill osama..its pointless and america is better than that.

Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting pvtjokerus:

water up the nose goes a long way in preventing future attacks.

What odds are you willing to accept of your children being tortured by their own government?

A 1 in 100 chance, that at some point during their lifetime CIA men in mirrorshades will drag them into a small clinical white room, and put them through hell for several days, leaving with permanent PTSD?

A 1 in 1000 chance?

A 1 in 10,000 chance?

Don't tell me that if your children are innocent then it won't happen to them.  That's bull.   There are always miscarriages of justice.

rfurlongg
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Torture under any circumstance should be unacceptable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:46 PM
I chose to see him/her as unconscious (did I spell that right?). You can't tell who is injured and who is lost, so that one is merely sleeping.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

The dead toddler is heartbreaking.

Quoting LauraKW:

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Yuck.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN