Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

So my kids are locked in their bedroom...

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 8:17 PM
  • 139 Replies
3 moms liked this

How long to I get to leave them there before it's considered abusive?

My kids have accidentally locked their bedroom door and can't open it.  I keep saying "I'm coming" but I am actually siting here on CM and relaxing.  What kind of evil things do you do?

by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
punky3175
by Punky on Apr. 18, 2012 at 8:19 PM
2 moms liked this
Despite my member title, I'm really not evil. :-) I like our idea though. Sadly, my kids are old enough to figure out how to get themselves out of their room if they got locked in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I also scare them when they see a spider or a bug, I always (ALWAYS!) yell "OMG here it comes!" when they get their faces really close to it.  I also made up a story about "bearfish" to freak them out when they are swimming in a lake.  Hahahaha!  Is it mean?  They are 4 and 6.

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Apr. 18, 2012 at 8:21 PM

My daughter once locked herself in my bedroom when she was almost two. I was in a complete panic because the hinges were on the inside and I couldn't get the door unlocked. I had to call dh home form work to get her out.   Parenting Fail.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Apr. 18, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Hahahahahaha!

That reminds me of when my brother and I were younger, around 6 and 3ish.  Our bathroom door would lock and could only be opened from the outside.  I was in there when I heard a loud noise out the window.  Then I heard my mother screaming and my brother crying.

Of course I didn't think anything really bad had happened so I was upset that I was locked in and could not get out to see what trouble my brother had gotten in to that time.

Come to find out, the garage door, not the overhead, had fallen off the hinges as he opened it.  It fell directly on him, knocking him directly back on to this back. 

He had two black eyes for the longest time. My mother refused to take him any where for fear of some one thinking she had beat him.

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Apr. 18, 2012 at 8:22 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting stacymomof2:

I also scare them when they see a spider or a bug, I always (ALWAYS!) yell "OMG here it comes!" when they get their faces really close to it.  I also made up a story about "bearfish" to freak them out when they are swimming in a lake.  Hahahaha!  Is it mean?  They are 4 and 6.

LOL. I tell my kids if they pick their nose their brains will fall out. I do not have nose pickers:)

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Apr. 18, 2012 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Quoting stacymomof2:

LOL. I tell my kids if they pick their nose their brains will fall out. I do not have nose pickers:)

If I told CJ that, he'd do it just to see if his brain really would fall out. He's a smartypants like that. And he likes to try to prove me wrong all the time. Just like his daddy.

punky3175
by Punky on Apr. 18, 2012 at 8:27 PM
You have one of those too, huh? my son is 12 and I've had to tell him 'stop arguing with me' on several occasions with the full on mommy look. That gets him to stop.

Quoting cjsbmom:

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Quoting stacymomof2:

If I told CJ that, he'd do it just to see if his brain really would fall out. He's a smartypants like that. And he likes to try to prove me wrong all the time. Just like his daddy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Apr. 18, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Nothing gets mine to stop. It's enough to make me crazy.

Quoting punky3175:

You have one of those too, huh? my son is 12 and I've had to tell him 'stop arguing with me' on several occasions with the full on mommy look. That gets him to stop.

Quoting cjsbmom:

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Quoting stacymomof2:

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

OK I had to get them out, they said the magic words, "I have to go potty!"  So much for relaxing.  

Another thing I like to do when they wake me up at 6:30 on a saturday morning is to tell them seriously and gently that there will be no more breakfast, ever.  I say that it's a waste of time and if they want some coffee aound 10 am with me that's OK, but there will be no more breakfast served. They *almost* believe me every time, even though I have said it at least 5 or 6 times.  My 4 year old looks at me so seriously and says, "Are you kidding, mama?" And I say no.  Hahaha!  Kids are gullible!  lol

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 8:32 PM

lol, always a classic!

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Quoting stacymomof2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)