Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So my kids are locked in their bedroom...

Posted by   + Show Post

How long to I get to leave them there before it's considered abusive?

My kids have accidentally locked their bedroom door and can't open it.  I keep saying "I'm coming" but I am actually siting here on CM and relaxing.  What kind of evil things do you do?

by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 8:17 PM
Replies (41-50):
heidimoose134
by Momma Moose on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this

What evil things do I do?

I tell my son no. His world always comes crashing down on him. I'm like, the worst mom ever. :-P

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:29 PM

lol I love it.

Quoting SEEKEROFSHELLS:

After they reach the legal age, that would be pushing it! Until then........

wickedfiress
by Kellie on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting stacymomof2:

I told my 6 year old once that she was now in charge of all the mama duties, and I was going to be the kid.  (She was being unappreciative of my hard work and being bossy!) So I told her to get cleaning and then a laid on the floor playing legos and asking her to get me random stuff.  "Can I have a glass of water, can I have a banana, I'm cold, I'm bored," etc etc.  She said I was being really annoying and I told her to consider her own behavior to me!  

I've done pretty much the same thing when my daughter decided she got to boss her brother around, and when he didn't listen to what she said, she gave him a spanking. (he was 2 and she was 5 at the time)  I made her do the dishes, clean the toilet, do laundry, pretty much any house chore I could think of for the rest of that day, including 'cooking' dinner.  

I've only had to ask "would you like to be the mother again?" since and she knocks it off.  

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:30 PM

I bet they wil remember that lesson!

Quoting WesAndNicksMom:

Once on Christmas we handed each of the boys a wal-mart bag with dirty laundry in it because they're always complaining about how they never get anything good for Christmas (I wasn't aware that nintendo ds's were junk lol). They had a small melt-down before they got their gifts (and a reminder to be grateful)

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank goodness for kids being resiliant.  My younger one fell off the bed when she was a baby, but she was a good solid (and I mean solid! like 22 lbs!) 6 month old and didn't even cry.  She just startled and then continued to play with her toy.  

Quoting _Bama_:

I think Dalt was about 2 months old and I pushed him out of our bed when he was little... He just rolled on out the bed...  Mama told me he will live now....lol They have to roll off the bed at least once or twice... He did a couple of times...lol

One time he was a hollering and hollering..... I finally went back to check on him and he had shut the closet door and locked himself in there....

Ive made my share of mistakes... but hes lived through them....lol

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Excellent!  It's a good lesson.  My 6yo tries to mother her little sister.  I always hate it when she raises her voice and yells at her...sounds just like me.  :(  It always reminds me that not only is she NOT the mom, but to pay attention to how I talk because I AM the mom.

Quoting wickedfiress:

Quoting stacymomof2:

I told my 6 year old once that she was now in charge of all the mama duties, and I was going to be the kid.  (She was being unappreciative of my hard work and being bossy!) So I told her to get cleaning and then a laid on the floor playing legos and asking her to get me random stuff.  "Can I have a glass of water, can I have a banana, I'm cold, I'm bored," etc etc.  She said I was being really annoying and I told her to consider her own behavior to me!  

I've done pretty much the same thing when my daughter decided she got to boss her brother around, and when he didn't listen to what she said, she gave him a spanking. (he was 2 and she was 5 at the time)  I made her do the dishes, clean the toilet, do laundry, pretty much any house chore I could think of for the rest of that day, including 'cooking' dinner.  

I've only had to ask "would you like to be the mother again?" since and she knocks it off.  

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting _Bama_:

I think Dalt was about 2 months old and I pushed him out of our bed when he was little... He just rolled on out the bed...  Mama told me he will live now....lol They have to roll off the bed at least once or twice... He did a couple of times...lol

One time he was a hollering and hollering..... I finally went back to check on him and he had shut the closet door and locked himself in there....

Ive made my share of mistakes... but hes lived through them....lol

I dropped my son on the floor the day I brought him home from the hospital. 

The worst part? I am a Nicu nurse......THANKFULLY, I have never dropped a baby other than my own.

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Well you can expand into other types of evil as he gets older.  It's super fun when you can really mess with their heads!  lol

Quoting heidimoose134:

What evil things do I do?

I tell my son no. His world always comes crashing down on him. I'm like, the worst mom ever. :-P

darrensmom11
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:40 PM
Haha. Lol! I'm laughing so hard! Lol. Haha. But yes. . The bearfish is mean. Haha.

Quoting stacymomof2:

I also scare them when they see a spider or a bug, I always (ALWAYS!) yell "OMG here it comes!" when they get their faces really close to it.  I also made up a story about "bearfish" to freak them out when they are swimming in a lake.  Hahahaha!  Is it mean?  They are 4 and 6.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raegan1221
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 9:42 PM

hahaha that's funny. One time, bf and I were sitting on the couch and my son-6 and his daughter-9 were in a camp out in his bedroom in his tent...well somehow they managed to zip themselves up in the tent from the inside lol and it got stuck! they couldn't get out...we let them try and figure it out for awhile until the tent started moving down the hall then we're like ah crap haha...they weren't upset or anything...actually they were laughing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured