Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 cups of coffee helps retain memory?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:52 AM
  • 6 Replies

TRUE!          (how accurate are these studies? A mom informed me she had to stop drinking coffee because it gave her headaches)

In November 2005, Austrian researchers confirmed that consuming caffeine can temporarily sharpen your focus and memory. Volunteers consumed the equivalent of about two cups of coffee, and their brain activity increased in two locations related to memory and attention. A more recent study, conducted by the American Academy of Neurology, found that these effects on memory are longer lasting in women. At the end of a four-year period, researchers found that women 65 and older, who drank more than three cups of coffee per day, showed 33% decreased decline in memory over time than women who drank one cup or less per day. This observation was not found with men, perhaps because men and women metabolize caffeine differently.

Here is the link to where I retained the information:

Click Here

its a boy

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:53 AM

I've recently had to cut back on coffee and caffeine because I've been getting horrible headaches.

te_quiero_05
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:55 AM

And that is the reason why I'm skeptical on this study. How accurate are these studies?

I have heard of coffee causing headaches too. 

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

I've recently had to cut back on coffee and caffeine because I've been getting horrible headaches.

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Quoting te_quiero_05:

And that is the reason why I'm skeptical on this study. How accurate are these studies?

I have heard of coffee causing headaches too. 

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

I've change so much since becoming pregnant. Well I'm getting old, too. The past 4 years has been a whirlwind of physical changes for me. The whole coffee things sucks butt for me. I love coffee.

4music
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:02 PM

♥ my coffee, now where did i leave my cup?

te_quiero_05
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:05 PM

lol!!

right here

drinking

Quoting 4music:

♥ my coffee, now where did i leave my cup?

newmom2be08
by Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:36 PM
I gave up coffee three years ago after I was diagnosed with SVT. Io
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)