Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

What does your household make in a year?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:34 PM
  • 88 Replies

Poll

Question: household income

Options:

20,000 or less

100,000+

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 119

View Results

plus what kinds of bills do you have in your income bracket (to illustrate that those who have higher incomes often have higher bills)

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:40 PM
2 moms liked this

They are higher bills cause they choose them not because they need be. Amount of income only increases one bill without your permission and that is income tax

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:48 PM
2 moms liked this

I make a very comfortable salary for a single mom. I live within my means and my bills do not rise with my income unless I choose to allow them to do so.

JamesMom714
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:53 PM
We make (now) about $150k per year. But for 14 months we were on my salary alone. So we CAN live on $62k.
Bills include rent of $950, one vehicle at $385, an old debt at $100, then regular utilities and such totaling about $500.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma2b2008
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:54 PM
We make enough to pay our bills with enough left over to do want when we want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tanya93
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:56 PM

actually you can have increased expenses as you make more money and get different job titles because you are expected/required/need to join and participate in things as part of that circle.

momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Wow, the levels on this poll have made me feel rich for the first time in my entire life!  We are over your top figure, although we do live in an area that has a high cost of living.  Our bills: mortgage, insurance, utilities, stuff like cable, and pet and health care costs.  Similar to many, I would imagine.  Maintenance costs for when things break or to keep them from breaking. Therapy and other costs associated with my DS's autism that are not covered by insurance, which are substantial.

DS goes to public school. We paid cash for both cars (not luxury brands), we don't carry credit card balances. The rest of our expenses are fully discretionary, and thus able to be cut if need be.  When we get a raise, we don't automatically spend more.   We do our best to make sure that we have a cushion in case of job loss or other catastrophe, of which we have had a few. 

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:57 PM
He brings in a full salary, 125k and I am on a 75k pension.

We are comfortable. The only bills we have are the mortgage, light, oil, cable, trash, alarm system. Landscaping, life insurance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tanya93
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:00 PM

mortgage, car payments, utilities, housekeeper, yard service, preschool, music class, karate class, art class, satellite, cell phone, college fund, retirement fund, vacation fund

this summer he also has swimming and gymnastics.

disneymom2two
by Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:02 PM

We're comfortable.  Bills include water, electric, mortgage, 2 car payments (had just 1 until a jerk decided to drive on the wrong side of the road and totaled my car), student loan, landline, cellphones, internet, gymnastics, dance, and karate.

OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:08 PM

We make enough to be comfortable and it is more than the national average.  We both work full time.  We were able to get by without too much of a problem when my hubby was unemployed for 9 months last year.  I'm sure our bills are similar to most families.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)