Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

(POLL) SAHMs who use public assistance of any kind (foodstamps, welfare, section 8, WIC, medicaid, etc.) would you get a job if daycare was free?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: SAHMs who use public assistance of any kind (foodstamps, welfare, section 8, WIC, medicaid, etc.) would you get a job if daycare was free?

Options:

yes

no

I am on pa but I work

not on pa

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 160

View Results

This is NOT including disabled people.

This is a spin off from the post asking if mothers who are on pa should have to work or not.

edited to add:

This is a sentiment shared by many:

Quote:

Crandi:

Yes, my taxes pay for the elderly, the mentally & physically disabled and those that are temporarily displaced from their jobs, etc. and I have no problem with that whatsoever.   What I DO have a problem with is perfectly healthly individuals using the system as a way of life and rearing their children to follow in their footsteps. 

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:27 PM
Replies (51-60):
Tanya93
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:12 AM
2 moms liked this

Good for you.
My son has the world in front of him because we did things to offer it.

I am just glad that I don't have to live off other people because I am a responsible adult.   Too bad you can't be the same way.   You need other people to care for you and your children because you are lazy and pointless.

Truly, I am glad that you at least admit what a sad mooch you are.   You expect other people to pay for the crap you do.

Yep, my taxes to do pay for your stuff.  Know what?   My family still has a better life than anything you get from the government because we actually care enough about our child to give him the best life possible.

Enjoy our taxes paying for you.   I like having choices.

Quoting PortiaRose:

Oh, I live how I want, don't get it twisted. The govt pays for my bills and I pay for my play time and the things that are "not" necessities.

Its america. Land of hopes and dreams. Where there is a will there is a way, and no amount of pa posts are gonna stop me from takin money out of your paycheck.

Also, my son will never step foot in a daycare.

Quoting Tanya93:

Why bother?   You know that you are a mooch.  It's what you stated.  You don't actually care about anyone other than you when you say you will stay on it until they kick you off.

I am just glad I can do things without wondering if the government will pay for it. 

Quoting PortiaRose:

Hey, check this out:

I got pregnant and had my child because I knew I would get enough from the govt to support us.

I'm still on govt aid and will be until they boot me.

Pick on me. But you won't cuz you know I don't give a fuck..

Quoting Tanya93:

Actually, I have no problem saying don't have sex if you can't support a child or are not willing to give it up because you cannot afford it.

WIC is welfare.  You are using the government to feed your kids because you had kids before you could actually support them and take care of them.   Period.   It is welfare.   The government gives you vouchers to feed your children because you cannot make the money to feed them.

The OP asked if people would work if if child care was free.  Would you?

You stated in a different thread you would not because you want to be home with the kids.   Not being able to feed them without the help of the government is PA.   You just don't want to admit it

Quoting Citygirlk:

So what no people cant have sex even if they take measure not to become pregnant, just because there is still a small risk they will get pregnant? You sound like rick santourm.

Wic is not welfare they dobt give me money to do whatever I please they give me food for my kids. And yes I plan to stay home with my kids for a while but I will not be using wic forever only for a few more months. And trust me I dont want to be on pa but if it means my babies are eating well so be it.

Quoting Tanya93:

Ah yes.....

The" I accidentally got pregnant because I was having sex when I couldn't afford the result of kids" discussion.

Typical of so many on here.  WIC is welfare.   You can't care for your children, so you expect other people to do that.   That is welfare.  And yet, you say you wouldn't work if child care was free because you want to spend these early years with them.   I agree spending that time with them is awesome.   I just never expected anyone else to pay for me to stay home with my child.   That is the difference.   You do.

Quoting Citygirlk:

Sweet heart life doesnt always work that way ok I was very careful but got pregnant anyway at 18 had my biys at 19, im not on welfare just wic only because formula is to damn expencive and it would of us in the poor house. And you know what for a teenage mother I think im doing pretty damn good for myself cause thing could be a hell of a lot worse. And ill be off wic before fall. I dont know what your problem is with people on pa, but let me tell you one thing we dont want to be on it and since my babies needed to eat and we couldnt provide for them the way we needed to this was our last resort.

Quoting Tanya93:

You work and save and wait to have kids so you can afford a good daycare if you choose to work instead of using the government and taxpayers to support you.

Quoting Citygirlk:

I feel the same way thats why I might not put my kids in pre school intil they are 3. I dont know how moms do it when they have infants, they must pay out the ass for daycare cause I know I wouldnt trust just any old daycare.

Quoting fatcat0908:

It would have to be the most desperate of desperate situations before I ever considered putting my non verbal child into a daycare. I just have a problem leaving my child incapable of verbal communication with someone I don't trust 110%. I don't judge others who do, it's just not something that is a consideration for me at all.

Mrs.Velasquez
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:14 AM
No. My husbands makes more then enough to give me the awesome chance of staying home with my girls. Maybe once Lexy is 2-3yrs old. She's only 15wks old now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PortiaRose
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:15 AM
2 moms liked this
Tell me something. Why do poor women not have the right to raise their very young children?

Quoting Mommy2ZOEBETH:

This is why people stay on welfare. For most, being away from your children all day is not worth the $2.50 per hour you would be bringing home when you can get that much money in foodstamps every month with no work inviolved.

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Quoting Tanya93:

so you would make money, but it isn't worth it to get a job 

okay.....

Quoting jamie2386:

absolutely! If i were to work, right now, after daycare and gas, i would make less than a $100 a week, not even enough for a weeks worth of groceries....trust me, i did the math, and it sucks that it is that way too, man i would love to get out of this house sometimes!!

.... and this is why illegals come to this country because they will work for any amount of money.

Americans have no right to complain that they are "taking away their jobs".

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tanya93
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:16 AM

I don't care why you stay home if you can afford.   As someone paying taxes, I do care if you think you should stay home with your kids and have us support you because you made choices that cannot care for your kids.

Quoting rayroe2:

what is it your business why I stay home? you don't know why I HAVE TO stay home and wont so really take your pride full snob ass on somewhere! because yes you have your opinion but really it is just hateful because you don't know why people need help. you are pretty much saying that sahm on PA are lazy and selfish when I can say you are  lazy and selfish for working so really this is a never ending debt when really it is no ones business why people do what they do with there life's, how does this effect you!? it doesnt if you still providing for your kids and living nice leave others alone with there money problems! you don't know if someone mom died and they had to pay for a feural(sp?) and now have no money to feed there kids! and you sitting her calling them lazy when they wanted to barrie their mother!

Quoting Tanya93:

if you aren't on PA, no problem.

If you are, why should other people pay for you to stay home? 

Quoting rayroe2:

I don't want a daycare watching my kid or teaching them things! I am going to get a job once my kids are in school.

Tanya93
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:17 AM
2 moms liked this

They have every right.   Why should we pay for the fact you had children you cannot actually support? 

Quoting PortiaRose:

Tell me something. Why do poor women not have the right to raise their very young children?

Quoting Mommy2ZOEBETH:

This is why people stay on welfare. For most, being away from your children all day is not worth the $2.50 per hour you would be bringing home when you can get that much money in foodstamps every month with no work inviolved.

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Quoting Tanya93:

okay.....

Quoting jamie2386:

absolutely! If i were to work, right now, after daycare and gas, i would make less than a $100 a week, not even enough for a weeks worth of groceries....trust me, i did the math, and it sucks that it is that way too, man i would love to get out of this house sometimes!!

.... and this is why illegals come to this country because they will work for any amount of money.

PortiaRose
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:20 AM
2 moms liked this
My child has every opportunity. America is good at equalizing things, that way. That's what pissed people off: my son will be looked at and treated the same, because of his economic status. America is great to kids, in that way. The rich kids had to help the poor kids get uniforms for sports in school. No one went without.

So suck it. Lol you're wrong.

Quoting Tanya93:

Good for you.

I am just glad that I don't have to live off other people because I am a responsible adult.   Too bad you can't be the same way.   You need other people to care for you and your children because you are lazy and pointless.

Truly, I am glad that you at least admit what a sad mooch you are.   You expect other people to pay for the crap you do.

Yep, my taxes to do pay for your stuff.  Know what?   My family still has a better life than anything you get from the government because we actually care enough about our child to give him the best life possible.

Quoting PortiaRose:

Oh, I live how I want, don't get it twisted. The govt pays for my bills and I pay for my play time and the things that are "not" necessities.

Its america. Land of hopes and dreams. Where there is a will there is a way, and no amount of pa posts are gonna stop me from takin money out of your paycheck.

Quoting Tanya93:

Why bother?   You know that you are a mooch.  It's what you stated.  You don't actually care about anyone other than you when you say you will stay on it until they kick you off.

I am just glad I can do things without wondering if the government will pay for it. 

Quoting PortiaRose:

Hey, check this out:

I got pregnant and had my child because I knew I would get enough from the govt to support us.

Quoting Tanya93:

Actually, I have no problem saying don't have sex if you can't support a child or are not willing to give it up because you cannot afford it.

WIC is welfare.  You are using the government to feed your kids because you had kids before you could actually support them and take care of them.   Period.   It is welfare.   The government gives you vouchers to feed your children because you cannot make the money to feed them.

You stated in a different thread you would not because you want to be home with the kids.   Not being able to feed them without the help of the government is PA.   You just don't want to admit it

Quoting Citygirlk:

So what no people cant have sex even if they take measure not to become pregnant, just because there is still a small risk they will get pregnant? You sound like rick santourm.

Wic is not welfare they dobt give me money to do whatever I please they give me food for my kids. And yes I plan to stay home with my kids for a while but I will not be using wic forever only for a few more months. And trust me I dont want to be on pa but if it means my babies are eating well so be it.

Quoting Tanya93:

Ah yes.....

The" I accidentally got pregnant because I was having sex when I couldn't afford the result of kids" discussion.

Typical of so many on here.  WIC is welfare.   You can't care for your children, so you expect other people to do that.   That is welfare.  And yet, you say you wouldn't work if child care was free because you want to spend these early years with them.   I agree spending that time with them is awesome.   I just never expected anyone else to pay for me to stay home with my child.   That is the difference.   You do.

Quoting Citygirlk:

Sweet heart life doesnt always work that way ok I was very careful but got pregnant anyway at 18 had my biys at 19, im not on welfare just wic only because formula is to damn expencive and it would of us in the poor house. And you know what for a teenage mother I think im doing pretty damn good for myself cause thing could be a hell of a lot worse. And ill be off wic before fall. I dont know what your problem is with people on pa, but let me tell you one thing we dont want to be on it and since my babies needed to eat and we couldnt provide for them the way we needed to this was our last resort.

Quoting Tanya93:

You work and save and wait to have kids so you can afford a good daycare if you choose to work instead of using the government and taxpayers to support you.

Quoting Citygirlk:

I feel the same way thats why I might not put my kids in pre school intil they are 3. I dont know how moms do it when they have infants, they must pay out the ass for daycare cause I know I wouldnt trust just any old daycare.

Quoting fatcat0908:

It would have to be the most desperate of desperate situations before I ever considered putting my non verbal child into a daycare. I just have a problem leaving my child incapable of verbal communication with someone I don't trust 110%. I don't judge others who do, it's just not something that is a consideration for me at all.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rayroe2
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:21 AM
3 moms liked this

NO ITS NOT, if my dh works WE still pay taxes so really you have no point what so ever! if you better off in your life and don't believe that people need help you are a demon of a soul because really like I pp THE GOVERMENT IS STILL GONNA TAKE MONEY FROM YOUR ASS REGAURDLESS IF PEOPLE ARE ON PA OR NOT!! lol the government is just a big unit of fraud you really think your tax dollars pay for are $50 of wic?! sorry but no the government uses that money to build secret rail roads and other shit, then put there own money back in the pot so you are just making yourself look so dumb right now! 

Quoting Tanya93:

I don't care why you stay home if you can afford.   As someone paying taxes, I do care if you think you should stay home with your kids and have us support you because you made choices that cannot care for your kids.

Quoting rayroe2:

what is it your business why I stay home? you don't know why I HAVE TO stay home and wont so really take your pride full snob ass on somewhere! because yes you have your opinion but really it is just hateful because you don't know why people need help. you are pretty much saying that sahm on PA are lazy and selfish when I can say you are  lazy and selfish for working so really this is a never ending debt when really it is no ones business why people do what they do with there life's, how does this effect you!? it doesnt if you still providing for your kids and living nice leave others alone with there money problems! you don't know if someone mom died and they had to pay for a feural(sp?) and now have no money to feed there kids! and you sitting her calling them lazy when they wanted to barrie their mother!

Quoting Tanya93:

if you aren't on PA, no problem.

If you are, why should other people pay for you to stay home? 

Quoting rayroe2:

I don't want a daycare watching my kid or teaching them things! I am going to get a job once my kids are in school.

PortiaRose
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:22 AM
Someone can have the capability to work and support their child monotarily, just as the govt has the capability of supporting a mother financially so she can support her family, physically.

Quoting Tanya93:

They have every right.   Why should we pay for the fact you had children you cannot actually support? 

Quoting PortiaRose:

Quoting Mommy2ZOEBETH:

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Quoting Tanya93:

okay.....

Quoting jamie2386:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tanya93
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Not wrong at all.  There is simply a different world when you don't live off the taxpayers.

I get it.  You brag you use other people to care for your kid, so you need to make sure we know he is living in the same world. 

As much as people say SES doesn't matter, it does.  You would be better off finding care and getting an education and experience so your child doesn't suffer from the "non-working because I am on welfare choices you have currently made."

It's ugly, rude, and mean.   It's also the real world

Quoting PortiaRose:

My child has every opportunity. America is good at equalizing things, that way. That's what pissed people off: my son will be looked at and treated the same, because of his economic status. America is great to kids, in that way. The rich kids had to help the poor kids get uniforms for sports in school. No one went without.

So suck it. Lol you're wrong.

Quoting Tanya93:

Good for you.

Quoting PortiaRose:

Quoting Tanya93:

Quoting PortiaRose:

Hey, check this out:

Quoting Tanya93:

Quoting Citygirlk:

Quoting Tanya93:

Ah yes.....

Quoting Citygirlk:

Quoting Tanya93:

Quoting Citygirlk:

Quoting fatcat0908:

cav629
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:27 AM
There is a difference between sham on pa and not. Its not the right thing to do. It's not a good example for your kids, taking the easy way out instead of working hard to make ends meet. I also work so I can provide a better life. If I lived off pa for my kids life what do I have to offer them aside from the bare minimum? If I didn't have a job I wouldn't be able to save for college or enroll him in sports because they are expensive. If you are able to work you should, the level at which you can receive pa I know it differs by state but even if you work you may be able to still receive some pa.

Quoting Tanya93:

Quoting Citygirlk:

Quoting fatcat0908:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN