Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Me and my Sil are having a p*ssing contest in the refrigerator...Omg she put a lock it!

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Have you felt the need to write your name on food when living with family? Like milk, juice, bread, cheese, ect

Options:

No...family shares their food.

Yep. If I bought it, it's mine.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 141

View Results

Update: I can't believe she took it this far. She put a freaking lock on the fridge because "most of her stuff is in it" Really? Really? Who does that?? I don't know whether to be furious or burst out laughing.

Btw I took a pic of it on my phone but I don't know how to get it on the computer. So if anyone knows how I'll gladly text it to you so it can be posted here.

I really don't know what her problem is but she is slowly driving me nuts...

It started with my 2 gallons of milk finding their way into my sil's dd's bottles in a day and a half. I asked nicely if she could ease up a bit on the milk because that's all we have for the week. She responded with buying her own milk and tagging her name all over it. A bit childish but okay, whatever works.

Then a couple days ago my 5yo dd comes crying saying that Auntie said she can't get a drink. I go to the fridge to get her one myself when I see "Auntie's" name all over the juice bottles. Wth? I ask sil what that's all about and she say's it's her juice that she bought with Wic and it's only for HER daughter. Fair enough two can play at this game. So I go in there and write my kid's name on all of our stuff.

Now it's a full out war,lol! On the plus side now my kids know what they're allowed to eat :-)

by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:03 PM
Replies (31-40):
sheramom4
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:56 PM

We had a friend stay with us for awhile after she was evicted and this was something about her that drove me nuts. If I went grocery shopping her kids would just go through the food and eat and drnink whatever they wanted. She would go and there would be "rules" about certain things being for her kids and her kids only. Right before she moved out I asked her 5 year old twins to please not drink my teenaged son's gatorade and she flipped out, ranting and raving about her kids needed a drink. Mind you these are kids that were NEVER without a sippy cup (yes at 5) full of juice, soda, gatorade etc. I said "fine, give them water." LOL, it was an uncomfortable couple of days until she moved. But at the same time, in the grand scheme of things she did that drove me nuts, this was a minor one. Which tells you how bad she could be....

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:58 PM

It's a good thing ;-)

I try to be more like her but I inherited my dad's fiery Cuban temper ha ha ha

Quoting LindaClement:

I don't know if that's good or bad... wink

Quoting paganbaby:

You sound a lot like my mom,lol.

Quoting LindaClement:

I don't have 'rules' --I have limits. There are things I will put up with, and things I won't.

I'm super easy going, totally laid back and genuinely generous. 

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting LindaClement:

Totally different than how I'd have handled that. In a different, but similar, iteration of an at home pissing contest:

"I will not share sleeping space with someone who behaves this way."

I expect people I live with to be generous, kind, cooperative, trustworthy and ethical people. Whenever there is a question of that kind, I get very quiet and thin-lipped and intense.

I'd have thrown it out. I have absolutely no patience for that kind of behaviour.

I think there would have been a major war if I threw it out,lol. As for the rest, she's proven that she can't follow those rules. That among many other reasons is why we're moving.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Apr. 21, 2012 at 12:00 AM

You know, I've had lots of roommates before too and we're never had this issue. You'd think it would be easier because it's family. Not!

That's funny about the icecream though,lol.

Quoting survivorinohio:

I have never had those issues and I have had a lot of people in my house over the yrs.

I confess that I will eat stuff left too long, like a cream puff my room mate bought herself once that sat for several days, I just couldnt help myself.  This is what she expected from me though and she told me ,when I had confessed to her, that she had left it for me lol They know me...

Seriously though, I hope you find a place soon.  This kind of behavior is not good for any of the kids:(

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Apr. 21, 2012 at 12:01 AM

It's not :-(

Quoting Euphoric:

Ugh no fun.

Jenniy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 12:03 AM
There are things I get for only me, and everyone knows the Greek yougert is my youngest's bc he can't each much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lilbits_Mama
by New Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 12:04 AM

my sister used to do that crap too. I had to label our milk or she would use all my milk fist and my son wouldn't have any. It wouldn't have been a big deal, but my son has a lactose sensitivity and couldn't drink the whole milk her kids drank.

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Apr. 21, 2012 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Whew! :D

Quoting paganbaby:

It's a good thing ;-)

I try to be more like her but I inherited my dad's fiery Cuban temper ha ha ha

Quoting LindaClement:

I don't know if that's good or bad... wink

Quoting paganbaby:

You sound a lot like my mom,lol.

Quoting LindaClement:

I don't have 'rules' --I have limits. There are things I will put up with, and things I won't.

I'm super easy going, totally laid back and genuinely generous. 

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting LindaClement:

Totally different than how I'd have handled that. In a different, but similar, iteration of an at home pissing contest:

"I will not share sleeping space with someone who behaves this way."

I expect people I live with to be generous, kind, cooperative, trustworthy and ethical people. Whenever there is a question of that kind, I get very quiet and thin-lipped and intense.

I'd have thrown it out. I have absolutely no patience for that kind of behaviour.

I think there would have been a major war if I threw it out,lol. As for the rest, she's proven that she can't follow those rules. That among many other reasons is why we're moving.

manifer_momma
by Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 12:14 AM
Damn. That's why I couldn't live with anyone else. Hope you get outta there ASAP!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
manifer_momma
by Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 12:18 AM
Hell no! Family is the worse!
My sister and I pretty much hated each other when we lived together. No issues with food but she constantly accused my kids of making a mess, which was SOOOO not true. Other things too but that was what got on my nerves the most. Now that we're living apart, we're bff's lmao

Quoting paganbaby:

You know, I've had lots of roommates before too and we're never had this issue. You'd think it would be easier because it's family. Not!

That's funny about the icecream though,lol.

Quoting survivorinohio:

I have never had those issues and I have had a lot of people in my house over the yrs.

I confess that I will eat stuff left too long, like a cream puff my room mate bought herself once that sat for several days, I just couldnt help myself.  This is what she expected from me though and she told me ,when I had confessed to her, that she had left it for me lol They know me...

Seriously though, I hope you find a place soon.  This kind of behavior is not good for any of the kids:(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
opal10161973
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Oh do I have a story for you!  I have allowed my brother to live with me for most of the last 3+ years after he was homeless due to an abusive relationship he had.  He left everything and had a bag of clothes when I picked him up from the Greyhound station that a shelter paid the ticket for.  That's how bad it was for him. 

At first, he was SO thankful.  He had to bunk in the kid's room, but there was a bed for him, so he was happy because he would have to sleep upright against a wall on the floor at the shelter in NY.  He would ask if this or that was OK.

Then, he left and stayed with a friend for a couple of months, but it was literally only a few blocks away, so we still talked.  It didn't work out.  He came back.

We all, including DF, decided to move to a larger place, after my car got shot and the neighborhood went downhill within a few months.  We found a place with a 3/1 main house and 1/1 MIL or BIL rather quarters connected by a lanai.  He had a job and was going to college and getting loans on top of his pay and promised to pay $400/month for rent.  A month after we moved in, he quit/got fired and had no income and hasn't had any in over a year.  Most of the time, he kept saying he was going to get a job and he was going to fix his school, which he failed and they refused to give him any more $ for.  So, essentially, he's been living for free, in his own 1/1, for more than a year.  He JUST got FS 6 months ago.  Until that time, he would sneak into our house and steal food.  Not the cheap stuff.  Oh NO!  That wasn't good enough for him!  He always managed to grab the high end stuff I got on sale as a special treat or the peanut oil mix we bought specifically for the deep fryer that we barely use.  Yeah, it's almost $30 for the container we bought, he used most of it for regular baking and cooking needs because it was in a lower cabinet due to the size of the container, easier to hide his theft.  That amount would have lasted us over a year.  He used it, for ONE person, in less than 3 months. 

We also get Schwan's food delivered sometimes, but only if it's a good deal or with coupons, because it's really expensive.  To us, it's a major treat.  He would go through, after I specifically told him to stay away from the bags/boxes of it and would take as much as he could and eat it.  We're talking special food that was for us AND the kids, he would just take it to his apt and eat it all, in one sitting. 

He also likes to keep his window shaker on 62 degrees, while we have to have ours on NO lower than 75, because the electric bill goes over $400 in the summer and we cannot afford it going ANY higher.  Our home is actually hot in some rooms, like 85 degrees.  He also has air purifiers and battery backup for his laptop.  Yeah, laptops already HAVE battery backup! 

Oh, I almost forgot the BEST part!  He watches the kids MAYBE 5 hours a week and tells all of the family that we make him work all the time watching the kids, like 40-50 hours! 

He's so lucky he yet breathes.  He really has no idea.

We told him when we move, he has to find somewhere else to live.

OMG.  I need to move so bad. 

I am so tired of wiping my 33 yo brother's a$$.

EDIT:  I just realised it wasn't one year, it was two.  It's all running together.  AHHHH!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN