Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

MOTHER ARRESTED AFTER HOLDING BABY UNDER SCALDING HOT WATER FOR CRYING

Posted by   + Show Post

Port Richey, FL, mom Chekayla Dampier has been arrested on charges of aggravated child abuse after she put her 7-week-old baby under scalding hot water to punish him for crying excessively.

A spokesman from Pasco Sheriff’s Office said Chekayla allegedly ran the hot water from the tap in her bathroom and held the baby under for two to three minutes. Afterward she brought the baby to a local clinic to be treated for burns, but the extent of the injuries was so severe that the baby was transported by helicopter to Tampa General Pediatric Burn Unit.

A complaint obtained by FoxNews.com noted the baby suffered burns to the eyes, ears, head, chest and arms, and the full extent of the damage hasn’t been determined as the baby remains in critical condition, authorities said.

Although Chekayla initially claimed someone else burned the child, she ended up admitting to placing the baby in an infant wash tub and running the water. She even demonstrated placing the baby’s head directly under the spout and turning on the hot water, the complaint stated. She also admitted that when she dried the baby, his skin was coming off and other parts of his skin were bubbling. When Sheriff’s forensics took the temperature of the hot water it registered at 142 degrees

The 18-year-old mother is currently being held on a $150,000 bond.  Some people just don't deserve to have babies at all, SMH!

by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 6:40 PM
Replies (41-50):
jllcali
by Jane on Apr. 21, 2012 at 7:53 PM
2 moms liked this
Fucking piece of shit.

I would love to strangle her while holding her face under scalding hot water.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmom2be08
by Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 7:55 PM

That is so wrong...so very wrong.   :(

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Absolutely!!

Quoting SEEKEROFSHELLS:

That's a novel approach. Can we hold her in a tub of scalding water while it's done?

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Rip her uterus out with scalding hot tongs. What a bitch!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heidimoose134
by Momma Moose on Apr. 21, 2012 at 7:59 PM
2 moms liked this

Why is the world so full of stupid?

Seriously, is it that hard to learn about how babies operate before they are born? You can NOT punish a 7-week old. They don't understand the concept of punishment. They cry because they NEED something. I wonder if she did anything at all to try and make sure the baby's needs were met before she resorted to this. Checked his diaper, try to feed him, swaddling.. Ugh.. anything! 

I'm going to give my son a huge hug... 

myhandsomelove
by Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 8:02 PM

wtf, really the poor thing is 7 wks old, thats what they do they cry, as a mother your supposed to comfort them not punish them. stupid ignorant people should not have the honor of being blessed with having a baby........this is sad, i hope the baby makes it and gets better, and that evil woman rots in prison.......

norahsmommy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 8:05 PM
This makes me sick!!!! How could anyone do such a thing! It's horrible just to think about!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SEEKEROFSHELLS
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 8:05 PM
2 moms liked this

Dipping the feet of crying infants was not that unusual? Wow. I salute you for caring for those with burns. I can hardly read the story, yet you cared for them. That's great! Hugs to you!

Quoting Sisteract:

Many of the children I cared for in the Shriner's burn PICU were victims of abuse from their parents. Dipping of the feet of crying infants was not at all unusual-

Nothing quiets a crying baby like scalding hot water... criminal moron.

mommy12711
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 8:10 PM

this is the 3rd story ive heard of parents doing this! in the past month!! the one that lives in my are was a foster dad..

what the fuck is wromg with people ..

they shouldnt even be called parents their fucking disgusting humans who dont deserve to live.

i dont understand how someone can hurt a child like this or at all. it makes my blood boil!!!!devil

crispysmom
by Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 8:13 PM
What a piece of shit!!!! Someone should hold her under burning hot water! People like this make me so freaking sick!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TashaStar81
by New Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 8:16 PM

That's so sad and I hope your baby is okay. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)