Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

MOTHER ARRESTED AFTER HOLDING BABY UNDER SCALDING HOT WATER FOR CRYING

Posted by   + Show Post

Port Richey, FL, mom Chekayla Dampier has been arrested on charges of aggravated child abuse after she put her 7-week-old baby under scalding hot water to punish him for crying excessively.

A spokesman from Pasco Sheriff’s Office said Chekayla allegedly ran the hot water from the tap in her bathroom and held the baby under for two to three minutes. Afterward she brought the baby to a local clinic to be treated for burns, but the extent of the injuries was so severe that the baby was transported by helicopter to Tampa General Pediatric Burn Unit.

A complaint obtained by FoxNews.com noted the baby suffered burns to the eyes, ears, head, chest and arms, and the full extent of the damage hasn’t been determined as the baby remains in critical condition, authorities said.

Although Chekayla initially claimed someone else burned the child, she ended up admitting to placing the baby in an infant wash tub and running the water. She even demonstrated placing the baby’s head directly under the spout and turning on the hot water, the complaint stated. She also admitted that when she dried the baby, his skin was coming off and other parts of his skin were bubbling. When Sheriff’s forensics took the temperature of the hot water it registered at 142 degrees

The 18-year-old mother is currently being held on a $150,000 bond.  Some people just don't deserve to have babies at all, SMH!

by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 6:40 PM
Replies (51-60):
21with2boys
by Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 8:22 PM
this bitch needs to get her ass beat hard and put her in an oven
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CityofRosesMama
by Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Evil lady. She doesn't deserve a baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CityofRosesMama
by Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 8:26 PM
This is why I am thinking about being a foster parent. Someone has to save the poor kids from all the people out there who don't treasure them. We should pray for the baby. I hope he can heal from all the damage she has done to him. I wonder if she will ever get him back?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LOVEiink
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Bitch should be shot...

-_-

MonkeysGrammy
by New Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree. It physically makes me sick to my stomach. And yet you need to have a lisence and a backround check to adopt an animal! WTF!!!

Quoting andiemomo3:

I don't think I can stand any more of these awful baby hurting articles. It's so hard to believe that people suck so bad.

My World...My Life...My Boyz...

Bonez 8/3/91           Big Bear 4/13/94       Stinky 9/26/97

giving dad card                bear with heart             ninja

BlueRay
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Quoting Carpy:

They have her in a straight jacket, it appears.

keen observation, i wouldnt have noticed

Oddy_Knocky
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I would so love to run her over with my truck, Repeatedly. What a disgusting excuse for a human being. 

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Certainly leaves one wondering WTH she was doing to warrent that.

Quoting BlueRay:

Quoting Carpy:

They have her in a straight jacket, it appears.

keen observation, i wouldnt have noticed

melrose79
by Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 8:54 PM
That's horrendous! And that would just make the baby cry more. Babies don't learn lessons. They can't even speak or understand. How about cuddle the baby, feed them, burp them... Something to make them feel better??? Ugh... I'm sad...
JamesMom714
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 9:00 PM
Who could do something so evil to a 7 week old baby. This woman should be held under boiling water. I am ALL for an eye for an eye!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)