Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

GERMANY 1940 ISRAEL 2009 *Graphic* NSFW

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:06 AM
  • 76 Replies

GERMANY 1940               ISRAEL 2009

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tuplamama
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:22 AM
4 moms liked this

The situation in that area is unspeakable.

But to compare it to nazi Germany? As someone who has visited concentration camps I would not do such comparasation.

And similar images like sick treatment of people in Palestine can be found in too many places around the world, none of them I would compare to concentration camps or Russian gulags.

Israel has long way to go before it reaches the same level of actions than Stalin or even Hitler (who btw killed far less people than Stalin). Not that there is competition needed. Palestine, Tibet, indigenous people around the world, religious/ethnic minorities, North Korea, China, Iran...list is sadly long :(

God's not on any one side. God's a force of nature, beyond good and evil. Good and evil, we created those. -Dr.Gaius Baltar-

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:25 AM
3 moms liked this

Considering we know the stories behind the pictures on the left and we do not know the stories behind the propaganda on the right, this is not saying to me what you want it to.

katzmeow726
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:36 AM

This...while I do not diminish the suffering over there, the situation is not unique to our current day.  Opression and violence of that extent happen around our world.  

Quoting tuplamama:

The situation in that area is unspeakable.

But to compare it to nazi Germany? As someone who has visited concentration camps I would not do such comparasation.

And similar images like sick treatment of people in Palestine can be found in too many places around the world, none of them I would compare to concentration camps or Russian gulags.

Israel has long way to go before it reaches the same level of actions than Stalin or even Hitler (who btw killed far less people than Stalin). Not that there is competition needed. Palestine, Tibet, indigenous people around the world, religious/ethnic minorities, North Korea, China, Iran...list is sadly long :(

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
rfurlongg
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:41 AM
5 moms liked this
While I feel what the Israeli's are doing to the Palestinians is horrendous and unjustifiable, comparing it to Nazi German leaves a bad taste it my mouth. Not only does it feel like propaganda, but the situations imo are unique and stem from very different places.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:48 AM
7 moms liked this

I see propaganda is alive and well.  The comparison is nowhere even close.  The suggestion that it is the same is not only a lie, but an offensive lie.

sneffy014
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Quoting yourspecialkid:

I see propaganda is alive and well.  The comparison is nowhere even close.  The suggestion that it is the same is not only a lie, but an offensive lie.

I wholeheartedly agree!

muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:58 AM
7 moms liked this

The pictures sadden me, but, the responses even more so.

RowdyRoxyRainbw
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:07 PM

since the numbers arent as severe, they aren't as important.  Oh yeah I remember why I stopped posting. :)  The little boy who peed his pants really gets me.  I dont know why.

Quoting muslimahpj:

muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:36 PM

The children signing the bombs just broke my heart.

(I have no meebo here.)

Quoting RowdyRoxyRainbw:

since the numbers arent as severe, they aren't as important.  Oh yeah I remember why I stopped posting. :)  The little boy who peed his pants really gets me.  I dont know why.

Quoting muslimahpj:

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

This saddens me.  :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN