Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

How can men be held more accountable for the children they father?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:54 AM
  • 377 Replies

In many threads regarding subjects such as mothers on pa, for example, inevitably some posters will ask a question such as this one:

Quote:

This may sound like Im a man hater but where is the outrage at the men who should be providing for their women and children?
So here it is.  Here is a thread dedicated solely to this question.
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
futureshock
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Men are already supposed to be held financially responsible for the children they father, so I am not sure in what other ways women would like to see men held accountable.

candlegal
by Judy on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:00 AM
7 moms liked this

How many women actually live with these men and won't marry them because they don't want their entitlements to stop?  It isn't always about the man being held financially responsible.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:02 AM
11 moms liked this

Marry them before having sex or getting pregnant.

ms.sophsmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:03 AM
4 moms liked this
I think society would have to do a total flip to have anyone see that men are hurting their kids by being irresponsible. Regardless of whether the parents were married and women aren't perfect.. men are hardly held accountable it seems.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
futureshock
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting candlegal:

How many women actually live with these men and won't marry them because they don't want their entitlements to stop?  It isn't always about the man being held financially responsible.

More than I thought.  I did a poll a while ago about this and I was surprised at the number of women who do this.

mandaday
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:04 AM
2 moms liked this

When a father makes the choice not to be involved with his children, financially is really the only way that can be enforced. So to be honest, I've got nothing. But ideally a child should have both parents taking an active role in the upbringing. It does get a little irksome when the ills of the world are put on the shoulders of the single moms, but little is said about the half that isn't there.

candlegal
by Judy on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Somehow I am not surprised and that is sad.  This has been going on for way too many years.

Quoting futureshock:

Quoting candlegal:

More than I thought.  I did a poll a while ago about this and I was surprised at the number of women who do this.

PurdueMom
by Sherri on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

There are many women in here who believe men should not be held financially responsible for the children they father.  I'm not surprised by the lack of outrage.

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Quoting candlegal:

great point!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN