• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is Ted Nugent an American Patriot?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:06 AM
  • 60 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you consider Nugent a patriot?

Options:

Yes

No

Other (explain)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 51

View Results

John Raese Calls Ted Nugent A Patriot After Obama Threat (VIDEO)

Posted: 04/24/2012 11:20 pm Updated: 04/24/2012 11:23 pm

John Raese Ted Nugent Obama

Republican West Virginia Senate candidate John Raese came to Ted Nugent's defense at a campaign event, calling the rocker a "patriot" and saying that "it's a concern" that the Secret Service investigated after Nugent's inflammatory speech threatening President Barack Obama.

Nugent, said Raese, according to video of the candidate's recent speech, argued that Nugent's words were merely "a figure of speech."

It was an unusually specific figure of speech, if that was the case. At the National Rifle Association convention, Nugent told fellow gun enthusiasts that "if Barack Obama becomes the president in November again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year."

"Government can't control the economy without controlling the people, can it?" Raese asked during his talk, delivered over the weekend to the Harrison County Republican Party. "And that's what's going on in this administration. How many of you remember Ted Nugent? I do. Ted Nugent came to West Virginia to help me in 2010. He came along with Sarah Palin and we had a wonderful event."

Raese went on to compare Nugent's comment to a football coach using a figure of speech, adding that investigating Nugent is a means of "controlling the people."

If West Virginia basketball coach "Bob Huggins came in and told you that we are in a vicious game against Penn State and we're gonna go right on that court and we're gonna kill 'em, would the FBI want to investigate Bob Huggins? I don't think so. That's called a figure of speech. Controlling the people -- remember that -- controlling the people. Ted Nugent is a patriot. Ted Nugent is somebody that is firm in this country and when you see scenarios that break down like that scenario, it's a concern, isn't it? It's a concern."

Raese is running against incumbent Senate Democrat Joe Manchin, who famously won his seat thanks in part to a commercial in which he literally shot a hole in a Democratic cap and trade bill.

The Ted Nugent Draft Dodger Story
Was he telling the truth in 1977? If not, why did he lie? And how can you ever trust anything else he says?

***Warning: This article will contain some pretty ugly language and evoke some disquieting images***

Ted Nugent endorsed Mitt Romney. Mitt Romney's oldest son, Tagg, got very excited about this and posted the following via Twitter: "Ted Nugent endorsed my Dad today. Ted Nugent? How cool is that?! He joins Kid Rock as great Detroit musicians on team Mitt!"

Nugent has, of course, been the center of quite a bit of attention recently for what he said about Barack Obama and Democrats at the recent NRA convention. This has been well publicized and I won't repeat that story here.

Before Nugent's eruption at the NRA convention, candidate Mitt Romney had this to say: "It's been fun getting to know Ted Nugent."

All Mitt Romney could say when told what Nugent had said at the NRA convention was this: "Divisive language is offensive no matter what side of the political aisle it comes from. Mitt Romney believes everyone needs to be civil." How weak! How Romneyesque!

But what's interesting is that Mitt Romney sought Ted Nugent's endorsement even before the NRA convention craziness. After all, Ted Nugent is a self-confessed draft dodger. Oh, sure, he denied that he was telling the truth back in 1977 when interviewed by High Times. But his Selective Service records are consistent with what Nugent said himself.

Here is the relevant portion of the interview from the October, 1977, edition of High Times as provided by a reporter who still had a copy in his archives:

"High Times: How did you get out of the draft?

Ted Nugent: Ted was a young boy, appearing to be a hippie but quite opposite in fact, working hard and playing hard, playing rock and roll like a deviant. People would question my sanity, I played so much. So I got my notice to be in the draft. Do you think I was gonna lay down my guitar and go play army? Give me a break! I was busy doin' it to it. I had a career Jack. If I was walkin' around, hippying down, getting' loaded and pickin' my ass like your common curs, I'd say "Hey yeah, go in the army. Beats the poop out of scuffin' around in the gutters." But I wasn't a gutter dog. I was a hard workin', motherf***n' rock and roll musician.

I got my physical notice 30 days prior to. Well, on that day I ceased cleansing my body. No more brushing my teeth, no more washing my hair, no baths, no soap, no water. Thirty days of debris build. I stopped shavin' and I was 18, had a little scraggly beard, really looked like a hippie. I had long hair, and it started gettin' kinky, matted up. Then two weeks before, I stopped eating any food with nutritional value. I just had chips, Pepsi, beer-stuff I never touched-buttered poop, little jars of Polish sausages, and I'd drink the syrup, I was this side of death, Then a week before, I stopped going to the bathroom. I did it in my pants. poop, pi** the whole shot. My pants got crusted up.

See, I approached the whole thing like, Ted Nugent, cool hard-workin' dude, is gonna wreak havoc on these imbeciles in the armed forces. I'm gonna play their own game, and I'm gonna destroy ‘em. Now my whole body is crusted in poop and pi**. I was ill. And three or four days before, I started stayin' awake. I was close to death, but I was in control. I was extremely antidrug as I've always been, but I snorted some crystal methedrine. Talk about one wounded motherf****r. A guy put up four lines, and it was for all four of us, but I didn't know and I'm vacuuming that poop right up. I was a walking, talking hunk of human poop. I was six-foot-three of sin. So the guys took me down to the physical, and my nerves, my emotions were distraught. I was not a good person. I was wounded. But as painful and nauseous as it was - ‘cause I was really into bein' clean and on the ball - I made gutter swine hippies look like football players. I was deviano.

So I went in, and those guys in uniform couldn't believe the smell. They were ridiculin' me and pushin' me around and I was cryin', but all the time I was laughin' to myself. When they stuck the needle in my arm for the blood test I passed out, and when I came to they were kicking me into the wall. Then they made everybody take off their pants, and I did, and this sergeant says, "Oh my God, put those back on! You f*****g swine you!" Then they had a urine test and I couldn't pi**, but my poop was just like ooze, man, so I poop in the cup and put it on the counter. I had poop on my hand and my arm. The guy almost puked. I was so proud. I knew I had these chumps beat. The last thing I remember was wakin' up in the ear test booth and they were sweepin' up. So I went home and cleaned up.

They took a putty knife to me. I got the street rats out of my hair, ate some good steaks, beans, potatoes, cottage cheese, milk. A couple of days and I was ready to kick ass. And in the mail I got this big juicy 4-F. They'd call dead people before they'd call my ass. But you know the funny thing about it? I'd make an incredible army man. I'd be a colonel before you knew what hit you, and I'd have the baddest bunch of motherf****n' killers you'd ever seen in my platoon. But I just wasn't into it. I was too busy doin' my own thing, you know."

That's the man the likely GOP nominee for president sought out for an endorsement. That's the man whose endorsement of said candidate put said candidate's oddly-named son into a public swoon. That's the man who says ugly things about people he does not agree with politically. That's the man who, when his country called, just "wasn't into it."

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:09 AM
3 moms liked this

Only a real man craps his pants and sits in it for days!

GLWerth
by Gina on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:12 AM
6 moms liked this

Nope. He's a guy with a big mouth and nothing to back it up.

He's also a chicken hawk, all excited about war until he's the one who needs to go.

survivorinohio
by René on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:28 AM
4 moms liked this

No. No patriot there.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

MeTaL_MoMmA_08
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:32 AM
4 moms liked this
Ted Nugent is an idiot who will say anything to stay in the spotlight & be socially relevant.

Patroits don't draft-dodge. Especially not the disgusting way he went about it.
musical_chic04
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:42 AM
Don't see how it's any different than Clinton dodging the draft. And I really can't blame them...the Vietnam War was the biggest waste of money and lives...it didn't accomplish anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlelimom
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:43 AM

No, he isn't. He would be the last person I'd want endorsing my campaign.

celestegood
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

He's a big mouth moron who is too much of a wuss to stand up for what he says he believes in.  A so called patriot does not do what he did. 

rfurlongg
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this
No. He is just a nut with a big mouth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motherslove82
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this
There is more evidence that Clinton dodged the draft, and he was elected president. As far as what he said, he has a right to say what he feels. His first comment could be interpreted as him feeling that Obama, or his administration, is a threat to him. The second sounds like a Ted Nugent spin on ______ can suck my d*%#k! He was saying machine gun as a reference to Obama's stance on gun rights. I'll admit it wasn't the best phrase to use, but I don't really see either of those as a threat. As far as being a patriot, I think Nugent really feels that Obama is a threat to the freedoms of the American people as a whole. On that, I agree with him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katy_kay08
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:08 AM
3 moms liked this

Nah, he is just another idiot exercising his right to be in an idiot in public.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)