Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Democrats' 'One Mission In Life Is To Abort Children'

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:15 PM
  • 147 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you Agree? Democrats' one mission in life is to abort children.

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 85

View Results

Phil Bryant, Mississippi Governor: Democrats' 'One Mission In Life Is To Abort Children'

04/25/2012 5:17 pm Updated: 04/25/2012 5:22 pm

Phil Bryant

Mississippi Governor Phil Bryant (R), in defending his decision to sign a bill that could shut down Mississippi's only abortion clinic, told conservative radio host Tony Perkins on Tuesday that Democrats' "one mission in life is to abortion children."

"Even if you believe in abortion, the hypocrisy of the left that now tried to kill this bill, that says that I should have never signed it, the true hypocrisy is that their one mission in life is to abort children, is to kill children in the womb," he said. "It doesn't really matter, they don't care if the mother's life is in jeopardy, that if something goes wrong that a doctor can't admit them to a local hospital, that he's not even board certified."

"We passed that bill and I think you'll see other states follow, and when that happens, at least these fly-in abortionists are going to be regulated under the state laws of the Medical Procedures Act here in the state of Mississippi as they should be across the nation," he said.

The bill in question, HB 1390, requires that all physicians who perform abortions in Mississippi have admitting privileges at the local hospital and be board certified in obstetrics and gynecology.

While all of the physicians at the one clinic in the state are currently board certified OB-GYNs, only one of them has admitting privileges at a local hospital. The other two physicians can't get privileges because they live out of state, and the owner of the clinic has said it can't operate with only one doctor on staff.

Following Bryant's comments on the bill, Perkins took a dig at the Democrats who opposed it.

"Well, the driving factor is profit for many of them," he said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/25/phil-bryant-mississippi-governor-abortion_n_1453583.html

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:17 PM
10 moms liked this

Well that's my mission in life. I'm trying to get prengant now just so i can have an abortion. Hopefully it's twins then i can count it as a double.

SMH.

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:18 PM
6 moms liked this
I generally don't agree with democrats or liberals. However that is a ridiculous statement.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Yep, that is indeed their mission in life.

SMH

OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:21 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm not a Democrat, but this is such an asinine statement.

kleea1969
by Kristine on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:22 PM
4 moms liked this
More screws loose. Holy cow what is it with pro-lifers and their absolutely nut job thoughts.
ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:23 PM

What idiots.

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Not all prolifers think that way. This is just another stupid dude.

Quoting kleea1969:

More screws loose. Holy cow what is it with pro-lifers and their absolutely nut job thoughts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Arroree
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:28 PM
3 moms liked this

Well look to the source. He's a politician in Mississippi, one of the states with the lowest education rates in the country. He's an illiterate person that was likely voted in by illiterate people *not saying everyone in Mississippi is illiterate just those who voted for this nutjob* Unfortunately there are enough illiterate and just plain stupid people out there that will likely agree with him and just nod along as he says crazy shit like this.

Della529
by Matlock on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm going to run to my nearest fertility clinic, get knocked up with as many fertilized eggs I can, and then next week, I'm going to run straight for the closest abortion office I can find...and I'm not even a DEMOCRAT!!

That idiot is an idiot who needs a bowtie.

jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:33 PM
5 moms liked this
How do they reconcile this with the notion that we want as many people as possible on food stamps?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN