Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

‘Go Back To Your Third-World Armpit’!!!!

Pema_Jampa
Yesterday at 2:32 PM
Django Reinhardt e Josette Dayde - Coucou

Django Reinhardt e Josette Dayde

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:42 PM
  • 7 Replies

VIDEO: SB 1070 Supporters Break Out The Hate In Front Of The Supreme Court: ‘Go Back To Your Third-World Armpit’

SB 1070 supporters outside the Supreme Court

WASHINGTON, DC — As the Supreme Court heard oral arguments today on the constitutionality of Arizona’s “papers, please!” immigration law, supporters rallied outside with hate-filled jabs at Latinos and immigrants in general.

Though outnumbered by opponents of SB 1070 at least 20-to-1, supporters made up for their timid numbers with unabashed hate and racism. Among the things SB 1070 proponents said that were overheard by ThinkProgress:

• “Go back to your third-world armpit if you don’t like it!”
  • SB 1070 supporter, pointing to SB 1070 opponents, many of whom are Latino: “We can read, unlike some of the people over there”
  • Select lyrics from a song called “God Save Arizona” that compared Attorney General Eric Holder to Japanese bombers at Pearl Harbor: “On a clear Sunday morning 1941…they sank the Arizona in a cloud of fire and smoke…And years later in 2010, Arizona is a target once again…Attacked by drug lords, terrorists, and our own Attorney General”
  • button that read, “Don’t Blame me… I voted for the American.”
  • “Mexico doesn’t even want them.”
  • SB 1070 supporter to a nearby opponent: “Why don’t you put that sign in Spanish?”
  • SB 1070 supporter, pointing to SB 1070 opponents, many of whom are Latino: “Those people over there are trespassing!”
  • “Obama can’t even come up with a decent birth certificate.”

Watch a few of the remarks:

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:47 PM
2 moms liked this

...... whatever I want to say with violate TOS... 

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:54 PM

:)

Quoting Sekirei:

...... whatever I want to say with violate TOS... 

Wife2AGeek
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:54 PM
2 moms liked this

These people need to look at our current system all over.  We are becoming a "third world armpit" and it has very little to do with illegals.

stormcris
by Christy on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:58 PM

I read the title and immediately thought about Albany GA....gah. It is called the armpit of GA. These people make me scratch my head and wonder how they can feel superior with such rhetoric.

Happymamax2
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:12 PM
Those hateful phrases speak volumes about the quality of people that they are... It sickens me. It really does. Sometimes words are not enough....
desertlvn
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Why oh why are the crazies soooo vocal?? Seriously, it seems like the crazies are finding out that the louder they get the more they get accomplished.

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:27 PM

After some 40 years, the flow of Mexicans southward into the US has come to a standstill and may even have reversed, according to a new report from the nonpartisan Pew Hispanic Institute.

“More people are going back to Mexico from the United States than coming here from Mexico,” says D’Vera Cohn, a senior writer at the institute and one of the report's authors. “This seems to be the first decrease since the Mexican immigration wave started in the 1970s.”

The Mexican population in the United States peaked at a net 12.6 million in 2007. By 2011, it had fallen to 12 million.

The report analyzed data from five Mexican government sources and four US government sources, including census records and community and population surveys from both countries. Its finding: The net decline in the Mexican immigrant population is almost entirely driven by a decline in the number of illegal immigrants entering the US. The number of legal immigrants from Mexico has stayed the same.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/2012/0424/40-year-wave-of-Mexican-migration-recedes-as-illegal-immigration-ebbs-video

Why are they getting so hysterical about a problem that isn't even a problem anymore?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)