Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yet Another Race Post

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:12 PM
  • 15 Replies
2 moms liked this

I referred to this guy yesterday when someone in another post said she didn't believe the NAACP would care if her kid got shot and the shooter wasn't arrested.  I've written about this guy in the past but couldn't find more than a couple minutes of video of his amazing physical transformation.

So off I went looking for a story I saw about how he turned to the NAACP for help removing the tatooes and how the NAACP hooked him up with the southern law center when I lucked into some serendipity and found 12 whole minutes of this guy's story. 

He and his wife are pretty cool and though this guy left school and home at a young age, he's extremely intelligent and so is his wife and that's why they had the wherewithal to leave the skinheads. That, and they became parents who wanted the best they can manage for their children and knew the skinheads aren't the "best" for their children.

If someone hasn't done a movie about this guy, they should.

Bryan now has a good-paying job.

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JakeandEmmasMom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:18 PM
I remember reading about this guy. Very cool story!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I looked him up, they did a documentary about the removal of the extensive tattoos on his face.  He was so committed to leaving that life behind him that he underwent 25 extremely painful plastic surgeries over the course of a year and a half.  It was paid for by a donor found by the NAACP and the Southern Poverty Law Center.  Apparently he feared for his life after leaving his white supremacist group.

GotSomeKids
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Thank you for sharing. 

I may have to refer my SIL to the NAACP.  She has some questionable tattoos she wants removed, but hasn't found anyone to help her.  If nothing else, perhaps they can direct her to the right organization.

singlemom1208
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:52 PM
Very interesting!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GotSomeKids
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I think the founders of the NAACP would probably cringe to know that people felt this way.

Quoting JonJon:

I referred to this guy yesterday when someone in another post said she didn't believe the NAACP would care if her kid got shot and the shooter wasn't arrested.  I've written about this guy in the past but couldn't find more than a couple minutes of video of his amazing physical transformation.

emily378
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Kool story.  Thanks for posting.  This should be a wake-up call to all the racists, who hate for no reason.  Or the main reason they hate is because They Hate Themselves.  There could be abuse, alcohol/substance abuse,in the family.  The guy in this video family told him he was Worthless.  He blamed others, but he KNEW, he was Lying to Himself.  He knew He felt like a piece of shit because He was (to himself).  Glad he removed the Tattoos, and turned his life around.  Before, he was a outcast to his own race, with the hateful tattoos., he couldn't get No Job.  And when he left the white  group, He feared for his life.  In reality, this extreme group didn't give a SHIT about him either.  They scared him with Death Threats.  And At the ENd of the Day  --You have to live in another person's shoes to understand their sufferings.

TCgirlatheart
by TC on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:12 PM

What an incredible story!  Thank you for sharing it.  

~I ain't happy but, I'm feeling glad I got sunshine, in a bag I'm useless, but not for long The future is coming on~

BlueRay
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Great story!

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:46 PM

I love this!

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:47 PM
3 moms liked this

OMG I just went Platinum!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)