Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Madeleine McCann Could Still Be Alive -- According to SOME Investigators (VIDEO) Do you think Madeleine McCann is still alive?

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:30 AM
  • 5 Replies

Madeleine McCann Could Still Be Alive -- According to SOME Investigators (VIDEO)

Posted by Jacqueline Burt on April 25, 2012

madeine mccannAs a mom, I can't help but hope that the announcement made by London's Metropolitan Police on Wednesday is a good sign: Madeleine McCann, who was almost 4 years old when she disappeared in 2007 while on vacation with her family in Portugal, might still be alive.

According to a police statement: "As a result of evidence uncovered during the review, [investigators] now believe there is a possibility Madeleine is still alive and are appealing for anyone who is able to provide direct information as to her whereabouts to contact the team."

Authorities also released an image showing what Madeleine might look now, just weeks away from her 9th birthday (May 12).

Police didn't share any details, so we have no idea what that "evidence" could possibly be. But authorities did reveal one thing about the investigation that makes me question how all missing children cases are handled ...

Apparently the investigation into Madeleine McCann's disappearance is "split equally down two lines -- one assuming that Madeleine is dead, the other that she is alive."

Hang on a second. Is that usually how these things go? Are missing children investigations always divided? And if so, does this conflict of interest get in the way of actually finding kids who might still be alive?

Most of us tend to think of evidence as being fairly black and white -- as pointing in one direction or another. But clearly evidence is subject to interpretation ... assuming everyone involved in the investigation has access to the same records, etc.

What all of this means for little Madeleine, we may never know. But I hope her parents, who appealed to the public for help as recently as last year (see video below), get some sort of closure soon.

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

Do you think Madeleine McCann is still alive?

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
survivorinohio
by René on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Missing children do turn up years later so its not out of the question.  So sad.  I never understood why they would have left her alone:(

_Bama_
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:43 AM

How awful it is to sit in your home and get hope built up and then nothing... Ive been thinking about that poor lil boy they had on the news all last week after 33 years they are digging up concrete across from where his parents still live... Sigh... just sad.

GOBryan
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:44 AM

I don't know. Anything is possible. It really depends on why they took her. 

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:55 AM

If she is, it breaks my heart to think about what kind of life she possibly is being put through....sex slave trade, etc...

katy_kay08
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:08 AM

No, I think the parents killed her.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN