Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I may not agree with President Obama on most things, but I have to give him credit for.....

Posted by   + Show Post

He's gone after the terrorists with drones.

He got (gave the order to get) Osama Bin Laden

He helped get rid of Muammar Qaddafi in Libya.

If you are not Pres Obama's biggest fan, can you find something he's done that you  agree with?

Erika..

Children are a blessing and are never inconvenient.............

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Replies (21-23):
TigOlBitties
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:26 PM
2 moms liked this
It is easy to find things I like about Obama, I'm a fan. I won't get into all the details, but I appreciate and support his vision for our country and I am proud that he still carries and believes in his vision among so much opposition/obstruction. I believe if he had more cooperation and people willing to compromise (meet in the middle instead of my way or the highway) then our country would be a lot better off than it is. Hopefully the next 4 years we can continue upwards.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Citygirlk
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:29 PM
I wonder that too sometimes, just how much worse would things have been in this country if he hadnt did what he did. Would we have slipped into a depression, or something worse? Im just happy we can wonder what could of happened instead of living it and thats part of the reason why he might get my vote in november.

Quoting erika9009:

I really question how much of a disaster was really going to happen.  My dad is friends with a guy who's company would have gone after these troubled companies and bought the good parts.  Sure they would not have been the same company, but if they failed, why should they have been?

I really, really, really, wonder how much of a crisis there would have been.  How much worse would it have been? 

One of the other bailouts was GM.  In this bailout, they closed Saturn.  It was the only GM brand that had promise to stand on it's own.  Yet, they closed it.  I have to wonder if it was because they were a non union shop. 

Quoting romalove:

Interesting question.

Can I give him half-credit for some of the bailouts to try and right the tanking financial system? 

I want to give him half-credit because I think there should have been requirements for some of the money given to the banks that weren't in place.  On the other hand, I think we had to step in because there was such a disaster at hand.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HouseKatof2
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting erika9009:

Agreed, but someone needs to point that out to the politicians. It's a state issue if it's not in the constitution that the Fed takes care of it.  I think many people and politicians needs  a constitutional refresher course.

Quoting Peanutx3:

It is a power not given to the Federal Government by the Constitution.

Quoting erika9009:

I too would like to see the Fed gov out of education entirely.  It's a power they don't need. 

Quoting katzmeow726:

Taking the first steps against NCLB

However, I have to wonder if he is truly interested in the states being in control of education or he just wants to grab more control and strengthen the God awful teachers unions.

I agree to a point. We have to recognize, however, that with us allowing education to be strictly a state by state issue we will end up with a lot of inconsistency in our education system. What one state may require for children to advance and/or graduate another state may require much more/less causing a lot of difficulty when all of those children become adults and start learning that the education they received in Mississippi (just as an example) is not up to par for them to go to college, live and/or work in Chicago (just another example).   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN