Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

S/O The Republican Party likes to abort children

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:38 PM
  • 72 Replies
1 mom liked this

I think it's the Republican Party who "likes to abort children."

The Republicans have had the power in recent history to overturn Roe or do whatever else is necessary to make abortion illegal in this country. Sure they've paid some lip service by banning the use of embryonic stem cell research (which was only for CERTAIN embryonic stem cells, not all). But can we really assume that the GOP is interested in making abortion illegal? They've done NOTHING to do it.

The people in the GOP know one thing, that there are prolife voters out there who vote Republican simply because the party platform has the words "prolife" written on it. But their platform has not translated into action. And even though this is true, these single-issue voters don't choose to see it. This is a good thing for the GOP, because this has allowed the GOP to change and mutate into a big government monstrosity without so much as a blink from prolife voters.

Like both major parties, the GOP NEEDS to keep their base of voters. They need to ensure that they have a loyal following no matter what the cost of other policies implemented. The GOP has lost veterans, and gun owners to third parties. They've lost fiscal conservative-social moderates to third parties or even the Democratic party. They are now loosing Constitutionalists .... and many of us prolifers are beginning to see through their lies.

Don't miscontrue this as endorcement of the Democratic party - they've betrayed their base too. But the GOP has NO INTENTION of making abortion illegal in this country, because they are currently hanging by a thread ... and they need your vote.

quotes Eilish likes

“The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and left untried.”

G.K. Chesterton

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
USBrit
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:40 PM

REALLY?

katy_kay08
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:45 PM
3 moms liked this

I would say given the push to make access to birth control more difficult, and limit sex education to inaccurate and outdated programs that push abstinence rather than pregnancy prevention they have created the air of not truly being the party wanting to end abortion.  The policies they appear to support and push only seem to help increase the rates of unintended pregnancies.  

mandaday
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:48 PM
3 moms liked this

Well, one would have to assume that if they really wanted an end to abortion, they would be attacking the problem head on rather than trying to impose morals on others. If an end to abortion was REALLY the goal, one could argue that they should be taking measures to reduce the need. Such as making BC widely available, focusing on education, and making assistance for pregnant women and young mothers/ families in crisis readily available. But since none of that is happening, an arguement that they do not really have the goal to end abortion could be a valid one.

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:49 PM

I agree with both previous posters.

-Eilish-
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Quoting katy_kay08:

I would say given the push to make access to birth control more difficult, and limit sex education to inaccurate and outdated programs that push abstinence rather than pregnancy prevention they have created the air of not truly being the party wanting to end abortion.  The policies they appear to support and push only seem to help increase the rates of unintended pregnancies.  

Wouldn't the push to make birth control unavailable and limit sex education actually increase abortion?

katy_kay08
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:34 PM
Quoting -Eilish-:

Yes it would make sense that the higher the rate of unintended/unwanted pregnancies would lead to a higher rate of women seeking abortion.
-Eilish-
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting -Eilish-:

Yes it would make sense that the higher the rate of unintended/unwanted pregnancies would lead to a higher rate of women seeking abortion.

So do you see my point?

lordkanarven
by Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Ronald Regan the Godfather of the modern Republican party legalized abortion when he was Governor.

Join me in Blues Mamas if you have a passion for music!
katy_kay08
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting -Eilish-:

I believe on this point we agree. Surprise! ;)
jillianmayasmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:40 PM
I do too.

Quoting Peanutx3:

I agree with both previous posters.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)