Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trayvon Martin's killer raises more than $200,000 for defense

Posted by   + Show Post

Trayvon Martin's killer raises more than $200,000 for defense

(Reuters) - George Zimmerman, the former neighborhood watch volunteer who is accused of murder in the death of unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin, has raised at least $200,000 through a website set up to fund his defense, his lawyer said on Thursday.

Donors contributed "just over $200,000," said Mark O'Mara, Zimmerman's defense lawyer.

The site set up to solicit funds for Zimmerman's defense, therealgeorgezimmerman.com, has since been shut down.

Zimmerman was released this week on $150,000 bail and has been moved to an undisclosed location. He had surrendered to police earlier this month after prosecutors charged him with second-degree murder in the February shooting death of Martin in a gated community in the central Florida town of Sanford.

Zimmerman has pleaded not guilty and says he killed Martin in self defense.

The incident has prompted civil rights protests and a national debate over guns, self-defense laws and race in America.

O'Mara told CNN that he would inform the judge in the case of the funds on Friday.

http://news.yahoo.com/trayvon-martins-killer-raises-more-200-000-defense-021028644.html

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:12 AM
Replies (281-290):
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Where did Zimmerman say what Trayvon was doing? Other than 'looking around'?

Any one know?

Citygirlk
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:07 PM
Umm if ir was for her saying that z approtched him I would be on his side. And the little boy and his parents said that the cops were correcting them the whole time.

Also she was still a witness even though she wasnt there she is the only thing to contridict z saying that t ran up on him. So yeah her statement counts and if you're going to rule that out then you are not looking for the truth in this.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

The girlfriend spoke up? What she has to say doesnt mean a thing. So, I don't see where it matters what she said. She wasnt there. She wasnt an eye witness. Therefore, she doesnt know what happen. She nor does anyone knows EXACTLY what happen. Just T & Z. The eye witness John, saw alittle. He saw T on top of Z. He heard Z moaning asking for help. Then John went upstairs to call 911. Then he hear 1 shot & T then was on the groung. Thats what John said, saw & heard. So, he will testify to that.

Quoting Citygirlk:

I did and then the girlfriend spoke up.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Yeah, but since this is a High Profile Case, I think a person would need to have the best defense attorney he can get.  Because, you're talking about yrs. in Prison, for something he may not of committed & it may be it was self-defense.  IF it were you, & you know you were innocent (that it was self-defense & you truly felt you were going to be killed by the banging of my head on the cement) wouldn't you want the best attorney?  I think EVERYONE needs to for 1 second, just put yourself in Z position.  and WHAT IF, what he said really happen?  The self-defense?  That HE DIDN'T go after T, that he was following him, then lost him.  Then, just wanted to get his address.  Then, walked back to his car, and T then did what he did.  Everyone, has said GUILTY MURDERER...But, has anyone just thought for 1 second if he IS telling the truth? 

Quoting Shortiekt:

If he felt just in his actions then he shouldn't need to solicit all this funding for his defense. When you shoot someone you better be prepared to deal with any consequence... Be it financial, judicial or moral.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Citygirlk
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:09 PM
He said he looked like he was on drugs and was holding something. But how could he know that he was high (which he wasnt) but not know he wasnt armed. Strange I know.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Any one know?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Quoting Citygirlk:

He said he looked like he was on drugs and was holding something. But how could he know that he was high (which he wasnt) but not know he wasnt armed. Strange I know.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Any one know?

In another thread some one said Zimmerman said Trayvon was 'looking around'.

The basis for Zimmerman's assumptions that Trayvon was up no to good make my stomach hurt.

I read, some where in this thread, that Trayvon was casing houses.  This was mentioned in the other thread also.  Or rather, because he was looking around perhaps Zimmerman felt he was casing houses.

I am somewhat astonished that more people do not know the difference between casing a house and looking around as you walk down the street.

Besides, the break ins they say where going on in the neighborhood always consisted of more than one person.  The people were seen actually doing something wrong, illegal.  Whereas Trayvon was only walking down the street.

*sigh*

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." ~ Maya Angelou

Citygirlk
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:44 PM
Wow people actually said that? Its sad that they will dig up so much dirt on t but when it comes down to z they defend his every move.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Citygirlk:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Any one know?

In another thread some one said Zimmerman said Trayvon was 'looking around'.

The basis for Zimmerman's assumptions that Trayvon was up no to good make my stomach hurt.

I read, some where in this thread, that Trayvon was casing houses.  This was mentioned in the other thread also.  Or rather, because he was looking around perhaps Zimmerman felt he was casing houses.

I am somewhat astonished that more people do not know the difference between casing a house and looking around as you walk down the street.

Besides, the break ins they say where going on in the neighborhood always consisted of more than one person.  The people were seen actually doing something wrong, illegal.  Whereas Trayvon was only walking down the street.

*sigh*

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DixieL
by Dixie on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:56 PM

If I were a billionaire I wouldn't give him a penny for his defense. I can't even see that he has a defense. He was following a kid. He could not have been afraid for his life. The kid was walking in front of him. Zimmerman would have seen everything Trayvon did. He had the gun. He was on the phone with the police at the time saying he was following Trayvon and he had a gun. When they told him to stop he refused. He didn't have any injuries. In my opinion he has no case and I think he should spend the rest of his life in jail. This is my opinion.

DixieL
by Dixie on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:59 PM

We all know that Zimmerman was behind Trayvon. How could Zimmerman think that Trayvon looked like he was on drugs, when he didn't see his face

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:03 PM
I didnt hear anywhere where Z approached T. Maybe, I didnt hear that fact. I thought the G/F said T said someones following me. She said run. Then the cell dropped or went dead. Even if Z did approached T first. I dont see anything wrong with that. As long as Z just ask him who he was. Does he live around here etc. etc. I see nothing wrong with that. Then, perhaps T got pissed off & a fight started. But what Im wondering WHY did it have to go so violent? Can't a fight between two young men, one being even younger, be a simple 'guy' fight? NOT the breaking of nose & banging someone's head into the cement, causing the other to shoot him. Why did T have to fight in that manner?

Quoting Citygirlk:

Umm if ir was for her saying that z approtched him I would be on his side. And the little boy and his parents said that the cops were correcting them the whole time.

Also she was still a witness even though she wasnt there she is the only thing to contridict z saying that t ran up on him. So yeah her statement counts and if you're going to rule that out then you are not looking for the truth in this.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

The girlfriend spoke up? What she has to say doesnt mean a thing. So, I don't see where it matters what she said. She wasnt there. She wasnt an eye witness. Therefore, she doesnt know what happen. She nor does anyone knows EXACTLY what happen. Just T & Z. The eye witness John, saw alittle. He saw T on top of Z. He heard Z moaning asking for help. Then John went upstairs to call 911. Then he hear 1 shot & T then was on the groung. Thats what John said, saw & heard. So, he will testify to that.

Quoting Citygirlk:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Yeah, but since this is a High Profile Case, I think a person would need to have the best defense attorney he can get.  Because, you're talking about yrs. in Prison, for something he may not of committed & it may be it was self-defense.  IF it were you, & you know you were innocent (that it was self-defense & you truly felt you were going to be killed by the banging of my head on the cement) wouldn't you want the best attorney?  I think EVERYONE needs to for 1 second, just put yourself in Z position.  and WHAT IF, what he said really happen?  The self-defense?  That HE DIDN'T go after T, that he was following him, then lost him.  Then, just wanted to get his address.  Then, walked back to his car, and T then did what he did.  Everyone, has said GUILTY MURDERER...But, has anyone just thought for 1 second if he IS telling the truth? 

Quoting Shortiekt:

If he felt just in his actions then he shouldn't need to solicit all this funding for his defense. When you shoot someone you better be prepared to deal with any consequence... Be it financial, judicial or moral.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:12 PM
But anyone, especially if your a neighborhood watch, might see a person that THEY didnt know or think they belonged there, could be suspicious of someone. Doesnt mean their right. Its just what Z thought. Since, all those breakins going on. Perhaps, T could of intended to break in. Afterall, we now know he was caught with a bag of jewelry & a tool that is used for breakins.

Quoting Citygirlk:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Any one know?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Im not talking about the young boy eye witness. Im talking about the adult male, John. He was an eye witness that saw T on top of Z. He described Z coat that had red in it as the man on the bottom. Z was moaning calling for help. John, the neighbor that lived right there where it happen said he's going to call 911.

Quoting Citygirlk:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Quoting Citygirlk:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Quoting Shortiekt:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured