Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Are you an organ donor?

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 6:16 PM
  • 40 Replies

Did You Know it's Organ Donation Week?
As you can imagine, this week means a lot at Kidney March. Yes, our team is busy getting ready for September with all types of preparation (sidenote: holy moly it's April, stop watching hockey for 5 minutes and register!). But, this week, we invite all of you in the Kidney March community to stop and reflect on WHY we do this.
There are people we love who wake up every day to the pain of kidney disease and dialysis, future uncertain. We say it a lot, but their strength inspires us. They're the reason we do this. The fact that kidney disease is on the rise and an organ waiting list EVEN EXISTS is maddening (and the numbers don't lie, it's more people than you think). One of our goals is to make that list disappear. Imagine that for a second...
Our part in the fight takes us to the streets. The March isn't just a fundraiser, it's literally the most some of us can do for the cause. Ask anyone who's done it and they'll tell you, raising a couple thousand dollars, 3 days on your feet, roughing it in the wilderness; it's a massive labour of love. Until you see someone gingerly cross the finish line after walking 100 kilometres and triumphantly hug their fellow Marchers, it's tough to “get”. But once you experience it, wow. It changes you.
We speak for most marchers when we say that 100 kilometres is nothing compared to the trials and tribulations of kidney failure. Still, it can and does help. If the Kidney March turns one person into an organ donor, if that waiting list gets one person closer to zero, if that innovative research gets funded, then we're saving lives, 100 kilometres at a time.
But, even if you're not marching, you can play a crucial role. You can spread the organ donation awareness word. Be our virtual on route cheering section.
Tweet this, forward, or share it on Facebook and tell people to join our fight. Let people know what time it is. Let your mother, father, sister, brother, cousins, and friends know that it's time to March.
Facebook Like ButtonTweet Button
What you do not need, donate
Have an interest in marching? NICE! We have the perfect gift for you.Register by 11:59pm on Sunday, April 29th and receive this donation bag to show your commitment to the organ donation cause. Represent on behalf of the “waiting list” while you're shopping, at the gym, or on the move.
Register Now!
One more thing. Almost forgot the expo!
A big thank you to all our marchers, prospective marchers, and supporters who came out for the expo. There was a lot of life and inspiration to go around, and we're gaining ground on our 2012 marcher goals. But, if you and your team are still sitting on the sidelines waiting or debating, join our fellow fighters and register today.
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
swmmra
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 6:17 PM

yes I am, have been since I was 16

Gallifrey
by New Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Yeppers.

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 6:30 PM
I am and so was my husband. I was able to donate his eyes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_Bama_
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Yes I am.

sweetmissy_05
by Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 6:34 PM
Yes I am!
bozobean
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 6:35 PM
I have the red donor sticker on my Ca. DMV card so that when I die, all my organs, and parts can be donated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChancesMommy07
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 6:37 PM
Yep. Me and my husband both are.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ann7227
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Yes since I was 16. 

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Apr. 27, 2012 at 6:45 PM
Yes ma'am.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fallenangel7386
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 6:46 PM
Yes I am. So is my husband.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)