Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How scared are you of BLACK people? Black males between the ages of 13 to 28, Black women on a bad day? How scared are you?? Is it stereotypes or MYTHS or genuine concerns?

In the wake of Trayvon Martin and racially infused posts I have to ask. Futureshock, a mom I've gained ultimate respect for, has done a post about other shootings involving police and the POLICE  are citing exaggerated fear of the black man as a reason for so many men's, in  2012, 2012 deaths of black males! I am speechless, and I have a sick feeling that some agree with these deaths!  I believe it's 26-27 and 16 since Trayvon. Before, I reported the death of an 18 year old in his bathroom by a police officer in NYC, it was a mistake!

So Ladies, fess up?

I may have to edit a couple more times, but in Austin Texas another unarmed man was shot to Death  Thursday so the true total is 30.

This young lady flies in the face of those who think that only BLACKS are making the Martin case personal! UPDATE!!!!!!!!

In my Opininon No Disrespect

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:49 PM
Replies (191-200):
charleyd68
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:14 AM

BUMP!

Paganbaby, for later,5am where I'm at! LOL 

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:15 AM

BUMP!  Kailu, for morning, 5:25 am!

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:17 AM

BUMP! Glitterteaz til later!  

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:17 AM

BUMP! Misselisse, sorry if this is spelled incorrect! bump til I wake!lol 

BannerElkHogans
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Only thing I'm fearful of is the type of (drug's,gang's ,Violence) spilling over into my community........plus beating people into a Coma,or killing people in the Name of Trayvon Martin is not going to bring him back or change anything.........all that teaches people is to fight violence with violence

tambrathegreat
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm not scared at all of a person because they are a particular flavor.  I'm shy and have to overcome that on first meeting but if the person is nice and understanding I can usually warm up to peopl pretty easily. 

MamaJess9
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I think he looks cuddly, like a big teddy bear! Lol I'm sure he would just love to hear that!

Quoting Citygirlk:

Lol not really hes 5'10 and pretty stocky.

Quoting charleyd68:

Umm No, but he is a big man, oh goodness! LOL My Son is 6ft 2ins and due to stress has accrued a belly, people are intimidated by him, too! LOL

Quoting Citygirlk:

a lot of people are afraid of my husband. my landlord when we first moved here only wanted to deal with me and was really intimidated by him i never really got it though. whats your opinion does this man scare you?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJess9
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Like many others said, it's not a skin color, or a particular race, but I am definitely wary of a "type"- young men (of any race) who dress a certain way and intentionally give off the impression that they are "tough" or "thugs". If I see a large group of men dressed a certain way, I will avoid them. I do realize this is not very different, since I'm fully aware I'm judging them by outward appearance. But IMO, it is different because skin color is not a choice, dressing and acting a certain way is. To me a person who chooses to dress and act like a gang member, has their reasons for doing so, and it makes me not want to be around them. Sorry if that's offensive, I actually know that there are plenty of men who wear the baggy, sagging pants, and their hats sideways that may be perfectly nice, respectful people, but I just don't trust them.
I am more inclined to trust a black man in a polo shirt and khakis, than a white kid who has to hold up his pants to walk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nihaoHeather
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

IMO... the people that scare me are southern white males.  Rebel flags, guns, beer ...the majority (not all, but most) of this crowd is racist, miss informed, stubborn, women hating, full of anger and use their love of God and Sunday church to justify their outright bigotry and hate for anything different.  

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:49 AM

I am not afraid of people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured