Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

McCain Goes Nuclear: “Shame On Barack Obama”

Posted by   + Show Post

Republicans amp up attacks on Obama for campaigning on Bin Laden's slaying. “Shamelessly turning the one decision he got right into a pathetic political act of self-congratulation,” says McCain.

McCain and Mitt Romney last week in Arizona. (AP / Jae C. Hong)

Here's the Arizona Senator's full statement:

"Shame on Barack Obama for diminishing the memory of September 11th and the killing of Osama bin Laden by turning it into a cheap political attack ad. This is the same President who once criticized Hillary Clinton for invoking bin Laden 'to score political points.'

"This is the same President who said, after bin Laden was dead, that we shouldn't 'spike the ball' after the touchdown. And now Barack Obama is not only trying to score political points by invoking Osama bin Laden, he is doing a shameless end-zone dance to help himself get reelected.

"No one disputes that the President deserves credit for ordering the raid, but to politicize it in this way is the height of hypocrisy.

"The Obama campaign asks whether Mitt Romney would have made that decision. Of course they want to focus on this one tactical decision because the other decisions this President has made have harmed our national security.

"He turned his back on the people of Iran when they rose up to end their tyrannical, terrorist-supporting, Holocaust-denying government, giving them no assistance as they were crushed in the streets.

"He has repeatedly thrown our ally Israel under the bus and jeopardized our shared security interests.

"He tried to bring Khaled Sheikh Muhammed, the mastermind of 9/11, and other Al-Qaeda terrorists into the middle of New York City to stand trial in a civilian court.

"He disregarded the advice of his military commanders and pulled all of our troops out of Iraq, and Al-Qaeda is making a comeback there as a result.

"He disregarded the advice of his military commanders again by telling our enemies that we are leaving Afghanistan and then putting our mission and our troops at risk by short-changing our commanders on the ground.

"He watches passively while the Assad regime in Syria, Iran's closest ally, kills thousands of its own people in an unfair fight, and his response to this mass atrocity is to create an 'Atrocities Prevention Board.'

"With a record like that on national security, it is no wonder why President Obama is shamelessly turning the one decision he got right into a pathetic political act of self-congratulation."

source

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:09 AM
Replies (41-50):
LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:13 PM
Then we clearly see it different because that is exactly what I see here - partisan whining about how Republicans are acting exactly the same way Dems act, only without the acknowledgement that the Dems act the same way. The telling line was the one about how Repubs never see anything right regarding Obama, which is a gross over generalization just as if someone said, say, "nothing McCain does is right in the eyes of Dems" which is also not true.

Quoting Raintree:

I can agree with you there- but this is something that was actually done under Obama's watch and order. I think it's hard to get away from that, no matter the amount of pious outrage.

I actually talked about things that I agreed with Bush on when he was in office. I don't and won't ever feel the same level of weird partisan silliness toward anyone in office. There will always be things I can agree with them on- that doesn't mean they'll get my vote, or even that I respect them as a person- but if they're right about something, I'll hand them that.

I don't see that happening here in this situation. It's all deflect and pretend outrage (cover for jealousy, I suspect).

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Actually I am just tired of lefties trying to pretend like attacking the PotUS over ever little thjng is a Republican trait instead of owning that is common to both parties. "..the man can do NOTHING right when it comes to Republicans" is self serving sanctomony, as if Dems don't do EXACTLY the same shit when Repubs are in charge. So yes, I point it out because it absolutely does come across as whining about big meanies not being nice.

Quoting Raintree:

I think you may have read something completely different than what gludwig wrote.

Here's a more accurate paraphrase:

Make up your damn minds, republicans. If you can find your minds, of course.

lol

(is it just me, or do some seem a trifle.... upset that this is a claimable virtue?)

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

"WhaaaaaaaaaaaA! Repubs are so mean but Dems are SO sweet and nice and rational about right leaning candidates and leaders. NO FAIR!!! whaaaaaaaaaaaah!" Paraphrased, of coarse.

Quoting gludwig2000:

Sorry, but he and other Republicans first sought to deny the President credit for the killing of Bin Laden, but now, when they themselves say that they believe it's the only thing he has done right, he isn't supposed to mention it now that he is up for re election? SMH, proof positive that the man can do NOTHING right when it comes to Republicans.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_Kissy_
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this
if and when Republicans finally accomplish something they will do the same..but they won't

Republicans just mad their rat in a maze is killed and they have nothing to talk about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raintree
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Well look: One example from today- the OP of this thread put up another thread about "finally something she agrees with Obama on"- Finally? She didn't agree that it was a good thing to go after Bin Laden? There's nothing else?

Apparently not, because this is the kind of article she mainly posts. Day after day after day.

There's one part of me that wishes a republican would win in the fall- because when things go worse, I can sit back and point the finger. It's much easier.

And I haven't seen anyone say "nothing Mccain does is right in the eyes of the Dems"- there were a lot of dems that would have voted for McCain before the hard right turn and the nomination of Sarah Palin. He could have won- I suspect he knows that now.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Then we clearly see it different because that is exactly what I see here - partisan whining about how Republicans are acting exactly the same way Dems act, only without the acknowledgement that the Dems act the same way. The telling line was the one about how Repubs never see anything right regarding Obama, which is a gross over generalization just as if someone said, say, "nothing McCain does is right in the eyes of Dems" which is also not true.

Quoting Raintree:

I can agree with you there- but this is something that was actually done under Obama's watch and order. I think it's hard to get away from that, no matter the amount of pious outrage.

I actually talked about things that I agreed with Bush on when he was in office. I don't and won't ever feel the same level of weird partisan silliness toward anyone in office. There will always be things I can agree with them on- that doesn't mean they'll get my vote, or even that I respect them as a person- but if they're right about something, I'll hand them that.

I don't see that happening here in this situation. It's all deflect and pretend outrage (cover for jealousy, I suspect).

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Actually I am just tired of lefties trying to pretend like attacking the PotUS over ever little thjng is a Republican trait instead of owning that is common to both parties. "..the man can do NOTHING right when it comes to Republicans" is self serving sanctomony, as if Dems don't do EXACTLY the same shit when Repubs are in charge. So yes, I point it out because it absolutely does come across as whining about big meanies not being nice.

Quoting Raintree:

I think you may have read something completely different than what gludwig wrote.

lol

(is it just me, or do some seem a trifle.... upset that this is a claimable virtue?)

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

"WhaaaaaaaaaaaA! Repubs are so mean but Dems are SO sweet and nice and rational about right leaning candidates and leaders. NO FAIR!!! whaaaaaaaaaaaah!" Paraphrased, of coarse.

Quoting gludwig2000:

Sorry, but he and other Republicans first sought to deny the President credit for the killing of Bin Laden, but now, when they themselves say that they believe it's the only thing he has done right, he isn't supposed to mention it now that he is up for re election? SMH, proof positive that the man can do NOTHING right when it comes to Republicans.

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:55 PM
You are missing my point. I did not say there are NO right wingers who don't approve of anything Obama does. That does not mean that "the man can do NOTHING right when it comes to Republicans" nor that the atiittude that the PotUS can do no right is a Republican thing rather than an extremist/ideologue thing that spans all parties.

Quoting Raintree:

Well look: One example from today- the OP of this thread put up another thread about "finally something she agrees with Obama on"- Finally? She didn't agree that it was a good thing to go after Bin Laden? There's nothing else?

Apparently not, because this is the kind of article she mainly posts. Day after day after day.

There's one part of me that wishes a republican would win in the fall- because when things go worse, I can sit back and point the finger. It's much easier.

And I haven't seen anyone say "nothing Mccain does is right in the eyes of the Dems"- there were a lot of dems that would have voted for McCain before the hard right turn and the nomination of Sarah Palin. He could have won- I suspect he knows that now.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting Raintree:

lol

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting gludwig2000:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dlynn777
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Hmmm, seems to me McCain was willing to use his POW status when he was campaigning. Seems Bush and many other Republicans were willing to use 9/11 over and over again. Obama made a good call and the SEALS carried it out. If he wants credit, so be it. He should take that credit and take credit for the auto bailout and the jobs he's created as well.

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:52 AM

I don't really like McCain, but I think I agree with him on this one.

Citygirlk
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Am I the only one that saw this comming? The killing of bin landen would HAVE been a great accomplishment for any president and many republicans acting like it was no big deal should be ashamed. JMO
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shannonnigans
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:39 AM
1 mom liked this
As usual, the original poster doesn't really post... She merely pastes an article from a conservative author or publication. Then when you deconstruct it, which usually takes all of about five minutes (please see her post re campaign contributions), she is strangely silent. I don't mind discourse with somebody I don't agree with but just posting articles from sources which are inherently biased isn't just ineffective, it's boring. I can read conflicting articles myself, and I already do. Have the guts to posit your own arguments already.

By the way, barring a ridiculous turnaround, Romney is almost mathematically eliminated in electoral college votes. So get used to it. And quoting McCain? Picking Palin to be a running mate has already been called one if the biggest campaign blunders in the past century. The guy is not exactly someone I'd cite as an authority.
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:48 AM

I am amused.

Again.

The obsession continues. Unrequited love can be so damaging.

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:48 AM

LOL Obama should have held out to get OBL till a week before elections since he already gets called underhanded. That would have wrecked all the whiney women hating repubs little chance they have. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)