Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I Have Noticed That Some Police Officers Are Swayed In The Wrong Direction.......

Posted by   + Show Post

Oneday a Police Officer was looking for a woman with two toddlers because the woman was being accused of Child Abuse. 

It turned out, that the Accuser had a problem with the woman with the two toddlers, whom she had some words with several days before and she decided to falsely accuse that woman of child abuse out of revenge and so she called the Police and the Paramedics.

I told the Police Officer that if she abused her child, then the right thing to do, would be to call CPS, immediately and on the same day that the situation had ocurred, the report should have been filed, then, not four days later. So, this disturbed me and caused me to question him and the Accuser. I just could not really understand what was the truth here.

This caused a stir in the neighborhood because of all of the questioning and noise that was made because of this accusation.

It turned out, that the Accuser waited four days, after her argument with that woman and was looking for her again because she wanted to hurt her and it was all due to prejudice.

This was a mess...and all because of prejudice. So, later on, in the search for the woman, the woman remained unseen and unfound and I told the Police Officer that this was handled inappropriately because there are Services available for this situation.

It turned out, that the whole thing was a false accusation and that this Police Officer, only had sided with the Accuser, because the Accuser was from his neck of the Woods.

I pretty much told that Police Officer, that if this were to happen again, I would do some Research and get to the matter at hand, immediately, because he is not supposed to be siding with his friends and that he could lose his badge for being one-sided.

I guess that Police Officer valued his career and his badge because he took off like a bandit after I told him about the Research I was going to conduct, in reference, to this matter.

Prejudice is an old problem and old news and it is never remedied by anyone taking its side. We all need to extinguish Prejudice.

80s bluei love being here; thank you for spending time with me and sharing your thoughts. 

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Replies (21-30):
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:21 PM

I actually read the OP again.

I am not seeing what the officer did that was so wrong.  Unless you (general and otherwise) are aware of every single aspect of a case, you can't say if the officer had, or did not have, enough to be looking for this woman.

Sounds like you where aware of the basis circumstances, however.  Where was the woman with the children, the one the police where looking for?  I certainly hope she was not abusing her children, regardless of the thinking the accusations where false.

I would pick better friends.

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:29 PM

I've heard drunk cops joke about it before. The town they were in, there are no black people according to the last census. I am amazed how many black people I will see pulled over who drive through the town. 

Quoting mommychelle01:

Oooh, what state is that illegal in?

Quoting Citygirlk:

Driving while black

Quoting mommychelle01:

dwb?

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:30 PM

I have never had an encounter with a 'bad cop'.

I also don't feel that the majority of cops are bad based on a few.

dustinsmom1
by JENN on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:35 PM

I was kinda thinking the same thing....

Quoting EireLass:

Sounds like you should be glad you only got a warning if you were going 20 mph over.

Quoting Citygirlk:

My hubby got pulled over for "speeding" one time with me in the car while pregnant car got searched because the dog "smelled something" when the officer clearly tapped on the door. Anyway after they found nothing we got off with a warning when we got pulled over for going "20 miles over the limit". Just another case of dwb I guess.

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:36 PM
It's still speeding and he chose to use his discretion and gave you a break. 56 in a 55 is speeding. That's the way it is.

Quoting Citygirlk:

We werent maybe eight over but not 20. And even if we were who the hell gets off with a warning for speeding like that on the interstate.

Quoting EireLass:

Sounds like you should be glad you only got a warning if you were going 20 mph over.

Quoting Citygirlk:

My hubby got pulled over for "speeding" one time with me in the car while pregnant car got searched because the dog "smelled something" when the officer clearly tapped on the door. Anyway after they found nothing we got off with a warning when we got pulled over for going "20 miles over the limit". Just another case of dwb I guess.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:39 PM
I was doing 80 on the interstate in New Jersey. The limit was 65. I did not recieve a ticket. The officer gave me a break. I was lucky and appreciative. I didn't write it off as dwb.

Quoting Citygirlk:

We werent maybe eight over but not 20. And even if we were who the hell gets off with a warning for speeding like that on the interstate.

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting Citygirlk:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Citygirlk
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:51 PM
And here I though you can go over by at least five.

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

It's still speeding and he chose to use his discretion and gave you a break. 56 in a 55 is speeding. That's the way it is.

Quoting Citygirlk:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting Citygirlk:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:52 PM
No. Where is that written? No where in the law. It is at the discretion of the police officer not to give a summons/or to give a summons.

Quoting Citygirlk:

And here I though you can go over by at least five.

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Quoting Citygirlk:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting Citygirlk:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Citygirlk
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:53 PM
And here I though you can go over by at least five. I guess if the cops wants to be an ass he'll pull you over.

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Quoting Citygirlk:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting Citygirlk:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Citygirlk
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:54 PM
So you know how nj cops can be then.

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

I was doing 80 on the interstate in New Jersey. The limit was 65. I did not recieve a ticket. The officer gave me a break. I was lucky and appreciative. I didn't write it off as dwb.

Quoting Citygirlk:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting Citygirlk:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)