Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

DO YOU BELIEVE IN STEREOTYPES?

WHICH ONES DO YOU THINK IS ACCURATE?

ALL STEREOTYPES!

edit: Please list any stereotypes your aware of,examples- White people can't dance, black men's privates,women drivers etc.

In my Opininon No Disrespect

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:37 AM
Replies (171-174):
Angeleyes_6
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:42 AM
My baby is perfect and healthy. I was hit from behind so I get panic attacks/anxiety issues with cars that stop behind me. Its gets alittle better everyday.

Quoting charleyd68:

I hope it is over in done with and I hope your beautiful baby is healthy and suffered no  ill effects!

Quoting Angeleyes_6:

Hopefully but I was 8 months pregnant when hit in January and I still have panic attacks since :(

Quoting charleyd68:

I am sorry about the accidents,(I hope you recovered nicely) however, it maybe because they had been subjugated in their culture and justfeel better started assimilating!(decade or two)That's how stereotypes grow, your experience may encompass that,but it was two incidents that maybe the extinct of it, or maybe many more, but not all!

Quoting Angeleyes_6:

Only one I believe cause I found out the hard way...Asian women are bad drivers! I was hit twice in a year by asian women. The insurance payouts were nice though :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angeleyes_6
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:47 AM
I am actually divorced from him but I have many asian friends. We joke about it all the time :) I have friends from around the world and we all joke about the steriotypes. Its kinda fun and some are pretty true but its ok as long as everyone can laugh about it. Well me getting hit pregnant wasn't so funny but at least we can joke about it now :)

Quoting charleyd68:

If your S/O is Asian then you must of have  occasion to have witness better drivers!

Quoting Angeleyes_6:

Oh yeah don't get me wrong I love asian people ( I have 3 half Asian children) but I never believed steriotypes til this!

Quoting Angeleyes_6:

Hopefully but I was 8 months pregnant when hit in January and I still have panic attacks since :(

Quoting charleyd68:

I am sorry about the accidents,(I hope you recovered nicely) however, it maybe because they had been subjugated in their culture and justfeel better started assimilating!(decade or two)That's how stereotypes grow, your experience may encompass that,but it was two incidents that maybe the extinct of it, or maybe many more, but not all!

Quoting Angeleyes_6:

Only one I believe cause I found out the hard way...Asian women are bad drivers! I was hit twice in a year by asian women. The insurance payouts were nice though :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charleyd68
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:25 AM

I am thankful for that,and I hope you overcome. A horrible chapter but you sound like a good person. Good Luck.

Quoting Angeleyes_6:

My baby is perfect and healthy. I was hit from behind so I get panic attacks/anxiety issues with cars that stop behind me. Its gets alittle better everyday.

Quoting charleyd68:

I hope it is over in done with and I hope your beautiful baby is healthy and suffered no  ill effects!

Quoting Angeleyes_6:

Quoting charleyd68:

Quoting Angeleyes_6:

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:37 AM

As long as your well, i guess jokingly is good.

Quoting Angeleyes_6:

I am actually divorced from him but I have many asian friends. We joke about it all the time :) I have friends from around the world and we all joke about the steriotypes. Its kinda fun and some are pretty true but its ok as long as everyone can laugh about it. Well me getting hit pregnant wasn't so funny but at least we can joke about it now :)

Quoting charleyd68:

If your S/O is Asian then you must of have  occasion to have witness better drivers!

Quoting Angeleyes_6:

Oh yeah don't get me wrong I love asian people ( I have 3 half Asian children) but I never believed steriotypes til this!

Quoting Angeleyes_6:

Quoting charleyd68:

Quoting Angeleyes_6:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)