Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

So Saying the I word now makes you a Racist?

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:53 AM
  • 388 Replies
1 mom liked this

BTW, the I word is illegal, not immigrant.  It looks like some are having a hard time figuring that out.

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Carpy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:02 AM
4 moms liked this

She just disgraced herself with that one.

Kate_Momof3
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:06 AM
22 moms liked this

That's nice. Bill O'Reilly can outblather a young woman. He should feel so good about himself for that.

Oh, and labels are chosen for a reason. It's much easier to see someone as less than human when they are "illegal aliens" versus an "undocumented worker" and use them as whipping boys for our country's ails. 

I hope, candlegal, you enjoyed your fresh fruit and OJ this morning. They were probably provided to you by those evil illegals.

Kate_Momof3
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:08 AM
16 moms liked this

How? Because O'Reilly talked her into a corner by derailing her every time she opened her mouth? As usual, the only disgraceful behavior in that clip was O'Reilly being a tool. 

Quoting Carpy:

She just disgraced herself with that one.

RnNHamilton
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:10 AM
5 moms liked this

WOW!! That is just stupid. I can't believe what our country has turned into. It's just a word. If you aren't illegally here then why would it upset you? It is just a word that is stating facts if you are here illegally.

ms.sophsmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:14 AM
11 moms liked this
Will watch later..

But I see that illegal is the I word in question. No.. I dnt find that racist.

What I still don't get is why any of us think we belong here. Lets remember, this land belongs to Native Americans. Europeans came stomping on them to get us here. Every one of us is "illegal" in the most basic sense.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liz.a.powell
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:14 AM
3 moms liked this

I have to agree with this. I don't see how using a word that FACTUALLY describes an individual is racist.

Quoting RnNHamilton:

WOW!! That is just stupid. I can't believe what our country has turned into. It's just a word. If you aren't illegally here then why would it upset you? It is just a word that is stating facts if you are here illegally.

CafeMom Tickers
candlegal
by Judy on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:17 AM
3 moms liked this

Those that want to turn this into a racist word are the same ones that want them to be able to vote in our elections. 

Quoting liz.a.powell:

I have to agree with this. I don't see how using a word that FACTUALLY describes an individual is racist.

Quoting RnNHamilton:

liz.a.powell
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:21 AM
2 moms liked this

True enough. 

I understand standing up for the little man and all that good stuff but I have no problem with individuals who are here legally. But IMO even if they have a work visa/ student visa but are not citizins of the United States they have no business voting in our elections.

Quoting candlegal:

Those that want to turn this into a racist word are the same ones that want them to be able to vote in our elections. 

Quoting liz.a.powell:

Quoting RnNHamilton:

CafeMom Tickers
Happymamax2
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:22 AM
4 moms liked this
Quoting ms.sophsmom:

Will watch later..

But I see that illegal is the I word in question. No.. I dnt find that racist.

What I still don't get is why any of us think we belong here. Lets remember, this land belongs to Native Americans. Europeans came stomping on them to get us here. Every one of us is "illegal" in the most basic sense.

Convienent history to forget....
singlemom1208
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:25 AM
What the heck is the "I" word?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN