Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

abort or pa

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:10 AM
  • 108 Replies
Ok i see a lot of abortion posts and a lot of pa posts.
So hypotheticaly if a woman got pregnant with a child she could or would not support by working and refused adoption as an option. She chooses either to abort or raise the child fully on pa ( government housing, welfare check, foodstamps , wic, free lunch, &clothing vouchers) what in your opinion is the better choice?
There are no other options because this is simply the choice some people make.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ArianasMama2007
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:12 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:16 AM
2 moms liked this
The choice is up to her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:16 AM
7 moms liked this

If she were on PA it would cover daycare vouchers and she would still be working.

Personally, I think being born is much better than dying regardless of what it takes to live.

winterglow
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

She should start by going after the father for CS.

ArianasMama2007
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:27 AM
That's actually required in order to receive pa

Quoting winterglow:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jllcali
by Jane on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Yep, and if a woman isn't sure which man impregnated her, she has to list the men she had sex with in the time frame that could have resulted in pregnancy.

But, even if the father is found and proven, that doesn't mean she won't need pa. He might not pay or only have to pay $50 a month.

Quoting ArianasMama2007:

That's actually required in order to receive pa

Quoting winterglow:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NWP
by guerrilla girl on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:47 AM
3 moms liked this

This is how the world is supposed to work..

We only allow married people who earn at least double the poverty limit to have children..

We accomplish this by teaching abstinence only in schools, outlawing abortion, and, if we decide to be a little moderate, legally restricting birth control to be allowed only to the above group. We may not even allow the bc to this group because that would kill babies. Everyone else who is not in this included group will remain celibate until they can be included in this group.

Anyone who does not conform to this will be taken into the public square and stoned to death (insert sarcastic pink font here!)

This will solve all the problems in the world.

ArianasMama2007
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:52 AM
Hoping this is sarcasm

Quoting NWP:

We only allow married people who earn at least double the poverty limit to have children..

We accomplish this by teaching abstinence only in schools, outlawing abortion, and, if we decide to be a little moderate, legally restricting birth control to be allowed only to the above group. We may not even allow the bc to this group because that would kill babies. Everyone else who is not in this included group will remain celibate until they can be included in this group.

Anyone who does not conform to this will be taken into the public square and stoned to death (insert sarcastic pink font here!)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NWP
by guerrilla girl on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:55 AM
2 moms liked this

From my end...But I do think there are some on here who think this..At least that is my impression from what they are saying!

Think about it:

No PA, no abortion, no BC or limited access, no sex ed, sex outside marriage is immoral, single moms breed criminals..blah blah...

What does all this add up to?

Quoting ArianasMama2007:

Hoping this is sarcasm

Quoting NWP:

katy_kay08
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:56 AM
4 moms liked this

I would personally choose to abort in that situation.  I would support her choice and certainly wouldn't attempt to influence her one way or the other.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN