Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Half-Naked Intruder in 12-Year-Old's Bedroom Is Lucky to Be Alive - What would you have done in this man's situation?

Posted by   + Show Post

Half-Naked Intruder in 12-Year-Old's Bedroom Is Lucky to Be Alive

Posted by Jeanne Sager on April 30, 2012 

justiceHero alert! When an intruder broke down the front door of a house in Washington State, pulled down his pants, and climbed into bed with a 12-year-old girl, the girl's dad grabbed his gun. And he proceeded to hold the creep at gunpoint while his wife called the cops. 

The family's nightmare ended when the cops showed up two minutes later and booked Kevin Niel Hawkins on charges of attempted child rape and burglary. It's a good lesson for vigilantes everywhere.

You have the right to protect yourself and your own. Do any more than that, and you lower yourself to their level. And it's just not worth it.

As little Alexis Reimers' mom Emily Kiely told TV crews who showed up to tell their horror story, it could have ended a lot worse if her husband had gone further:

Thank God my husband didn't shoot him -- otherwise that would have been a whole other story. But I'm glad we did have something to defend ourselves and glad my daughter is safe.

Her words marked a turning point in the newscast for me. Here I was, shaking with anger on her family's behalf, on behalf of that poor little girl. I wanted to do terrible, awful things to the kind of man who would hurt a child.

This guy made one of the biggest mistakes a guy can make: threatening a young girl when her daddy was there to protect her. But the way Alexis' dad handled the whole thing gives me chills. He was a hero under pressure, and he did exactly what every other person facing a criminal should. He defended his family, and nothing more. He left the real work for the criminal justice system.

His restraint saved his family. By neutralizing the threat against his family without using force, he saved them the agony of having to watch him become a criminal. They didn't have to see him booked and carted off to jail too. Can you imagine how hard that would have been for that kid? Here she is the victim of a trauma, and then on top of it, she'd have to lose her rock, the daddy who came to her rescue?

I think it's pretty safe to say that's a horror this kid could live without. And thanks to her pretty awesome dad, she can! He made certain the only criminal in that house is now in the big house.

What would you have done in this man's situation?

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Replies (41-43):
paganbaby
by Teflon Don on May. 1, 2012 at 1:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting andiemomo3:

Quoting paganbaby:

I have been working with him and with a trainer in Schutzhund since he was little bitty. He's not trained to kill, but to bark, bite, hold, track, obey and several other etcs. It's a game to him, but he takes it very seriously. He's our second Schutzhund dog. He's the first one that I have actively trained with. He is an amazing dog!

Oh okay. I'd love to have Lilly trained professionaly too :-)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:15 AM

It's hard to answer, having never *knocking on wood*been in that situation! I'd Like to think I'd do the same,because logic dictates that Mister Pedophile will be the bell of every prison ball until Bubba and Pookie and the fellas get tired of him.

Also,it would have been traumatic further for that innocent baby to see some one killed in front of her too. She is old enough for any outcome other then what happened to warp her for a long time! Daddy is her hero,mine too, but I hope she gets therapy,some one will tell her what that slime was trying to do. And one or two Moms mentioned incidents similar to and worse, and for a while were afraid of men!

I just hope I can be as refrained,and that much of a class act! Dad is awesome!

My instinct is to beat him with in a inch of his life, before his dance card is full,but I don't think I could kill! But I'll never say never! WHY TO GO DAD!clapping

In my Opininon No Disrespect

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:16 AM

I just saw this on the news.  I am so angry over this situation.  I don't care how drunk he was he should have to face jail time and be labled a sex offender.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN