Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

WWYD? After retirement, would you spend a lot of your pension on...

Posted by   + Show Post

plastic surgery?

When Linda Owen retired from her stressful teaching job after 35 long years, her friends and family expected her to ease into old age with a sigh of relief. 

So what happened next shocked them all. Linda, 62, decided she was fed up being the grey-haired, frumpy old woman her high pressure career had seen her become. 

Feeling trapped by her 22 stone weight and declining health, Linda knew that to make a drastic change would require drastic action. 

So that is just what she did. Linda, from Waterlooville, Hants, took £20,000 from her teacher's pension and spent it on a major image overhaul, including an £8,000 gastric band, a facelift and dental work.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2137388/My-20-000-makeover-worth-penny-Retired-teacher-62-blows-pension-surgery-face-body-shes-wanted.html#ixzz1tYUt8iv8

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The link show before and after photos.  I think she looks a lot younger than 15 years younger.  She looks great.  She earned her money.  If it works for her,  she can spend her money for whatever she wants to.  How many on here would do the same?  Would you grow old gracefully or fight to maintain a youthful appearance?

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Replies (11-13):
Redwall
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 7:34 PM

After my husband retires from his current job, he plans on looking for another.  So now that Linda has a facelife and dental work...how will she pay for her retirement? 

RedRozeMom
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:46 PM
Wow..good for her. I plan on spending my retirement fund on a house in a retirement community.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
new_mom808
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:26 PM

She doesnt look like she has any regrets. Good for  her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN